Beards of Truth

Yula

An old man sat in his temple in the Nabada desert, he was going over some scrolls when a young sage and sniper came over to talk to him, the sage looked at him, "Lord Athos, Louise and I are going to go into town, would you like anything." The elderly archsage smiled, "You're both good people. Take care of yourselves and have some fun. Take Hawkeye with you, he doesn't quite get to speak to people that often, being the protector of the desert and all." Louise nodded, "Alright, Lord Athos, are you sure that you'll be alright?" Athos motioned his hand, "Yes, yes, I don't need you to worry about every little detail, Louise. You and Pent have a good time at the town." The sage nodded, "Alright, Lord Athos, we'll be back tomorrow." Athos nodded, "Yes, yes, you have a good time." As the pair left, Athos went back to his studies.

Suddenly he felt a presence he hadn't quite felt in five hundred years. He stood up and let down the barrier to let the presence in, soon, a man with a turban over one eye walked in, "It's been a while Athos, are you ready for our 'final battle'?" Athos smiled and started to take off his robe, "Oh yes, Nergal, I'm ready for our 'final battle'." Athos fully took off the robe to reveal that he was wearing a speedo, his thick chest hair had turned white over the years. Nergal did the same to reveal the scars on his eye and that he too was wearing nothing but a speedo, "Oh Athos, your everflowing beard always shines with the truth, I should've listened to you five hundred years ago, then our love wouldn't be forbidden!" Athos grabbed Nergal's chin and looked into his beautiful eyes, "Oh Nergal, though I've forgiven you for becoming a dark druid all those years ago, I know the people haven't, so we must keep our love a secret. It pains me as much as it pains you."

Nergal rubbed his hand against Athos' chest, "Oh Athos, my love, is there any world where we can openly love each other?" Athos smiled softly, "Yes, we will make it, Nergal, our love shan't be forbidden forever." Athos gently stroked Nergal's face as the two passionately looked into each other's eyes, the two lovers leaned closer as they moved their arms towards the small of the other's backs. Their lips puckered up and the two of them started to kiss, it was to be a short kiss at first, but became a long passionate one. Athos during the kiss, pushed Nergal towards the bed and pushed him onto it, the two lovers sharing a kiss again. This time one the bed, Athos longed for the day that he and Nergal could do this out in the open, but Elibe wasn't quite ready for their love, unfortunately.

When they finally broke the kiss, Athos magicked up them some food with a candle light and the two of them sat at the table, Nergal looked up at him, "Athos, why did you side with the dragons all those years ago and attack me, my love?" Athos reached over and touched the scars that Nergal had, "Your scars only add to your beauty, as for why I did it, I had to put a show for the people. If they knew we were lovers, they would've killed the two of us." Athose suddenly sensed something coming towards them and sighed, "I'm sorry Nergal, but we must cut this short." Athos poofed the table away and kissed Nergal on the cheek, the two of them rushing to their clothing and putting it on. Nergal frowned, "I'll miss you, my love." Athos waved as Nergal teleported away, the elderly arch sage going back to his duties of researching things.

Pent and Louise walked back in, "Sorry, Lord Athos, but there was a sandstorm out there and it was too dangerous for any of us to cross the desert into town." Athos nodded and Louise placed her hand on Pent's shoulder, "Is it just me or does Lord Athos seem a bit sad to you?" Pent nodded, "He always seems a bit sad, but I'm not going to ask him if it's his own personal business. From what little I know, he still somewhat feels sorry allowing Nergal to walk down that dark path. They were best friends, you know." Athos listened to this and tried not to cry, his heart ached for his one true love, the man who chose to become a Dark Druid, Nergal.

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Xelon said:

I was thinking about giving this a sequel or a second chapter.

Please do, it was hilarious!  Slash fics are a guilty pleasure of mine.  Since it's your thread, I'm not sure if it would count as necromancy, since I know for art threads, you can post whenever.

I posted before I realized the original post was over a year old.