Spoilers regarding Avatar's biological father

GamingPandas

The Hydra dragon? How come a Hydra dragon can wed a mere human? And how come a dragon like Hydra and a human can have offspring?

I am assuming the dragon is male and can change to a male form since Mikoto is female. Seems plot convenience that Mikoto just happens to fall in love with the bad-ass antagonist evil Hydra dragon and marry him......

For what may I ask?

I don't think he fell in love with her.

Rather he most likely impreginated her in some way.

But women being randomly impreginated by gods is nothing new.

Take greek mythology for example.

If the way Athena was born was put in a story these days, people would call the most ridiculous thing ever.

We don't know if she got angry or not. But Mikoto is a kind soul, it would be out of character for her to discard the Avatar.

And trust me when I say that the greek gods had some ways to impreginate women that were very weird, to put it mildly, so Hydra magically inpreginating Mikoto is nothing new to story-telling, this happened a lot in fiction, over the course of the years.

Edited by Water Mage

But do we hear from Hydra himself on his reasons? Do we see his human form? Do we know if Mikoto is angry at Hydra for doing this to her? Like this should be interesting lore to know...

I believe this will be explained in the Invisible Kingdom DLC.

Oh, there is DLC attached to a DLC route?

Man this game costs so much to fully see the story. DLC for a DLC route, why couldn't such lore just be included in the original DLC route already? Instead we have to buy more DLC for a DLC route that was already DLC in the first place.

Grr.........

--

Its a bit disheartening to see Mikoto being treated in such a way, then having to sacrifice herself in the game... man this is sad. Why cannot mother and father characters in this game just live and be good life?

Edited by GamingPandas

Like I said, Hydra being Kamui's birth father is an excuse to let Kamui marry both sets of siblings. It being so underexplored or otherwise mishandled shows this.

One can wonder when Kamui's parentage was written into the narrative.

Edited by Alazen

Like I said, Hydra being Kamui's birth father is an excuse to let Kamui marry both sets of siblings. It being so underexplored or otherwise mishandled shows this.

No, it's an excuse to let Kamui become king of the Invisible Kingdom after the end of the game.

the DLC in 7 days will clarify it. Also it's speculated that the 2 royal families born with dragon blood can potentially transform as well if focus enough so I guess that's what blood of Anankos is for even though everyone can use it

No, it's an excuse to let Kamui become king of the Invisible Kingdom after the end of the game.

Except Kamui could have ended up the ruler without being Hydra's child. See Marth ruling most of the continent, Leif becoming the king of the United Thracia, and Micaiah taking Daein's throne.

Kamui being Hydra's child is so underexplored or otherwise mishandled that you can remove that twist and have the narrative be largely the same.

Edited by Alazen

The Hydra dragon? How come a Hydra dragon can wed a mere human? And how come a dragon like Hydra and a human can have offspring?

I am assuming the dragon is male and can change to a male form since Mikoto is female. Seems plot convenience that Mikoto just happens to fall in love with the bad-ass antagonist evil Hydra dragon and marry him......

Anankos wasn't always crazy/evil IIRC, also, Anankos in that one DLC preview has a human form, making it a pretty standard Manaketexhuman situation which the series is not a stranger to. (See Ninian, Nils, Sophia, and Nah, all half dragons)

Not to mention, both the Hoshido and Nohr royals are also descendants of Anankos, that's how they can use dragon vein. (though they seem too diluted to transform?)

Edited by L95

Anankos wasn't always crazy/evil IIRC, also, Anankos in that one DLC preview has a human form, making it a pretty standard Manaketexhuman situation which the series is not a stranger to. (See Ninian, Nils, Sophia, and Nah, all half dragons)Not to mention, both the Hoshido and Nohr royals are also descendants of Anankos, that's how they can use dragon vein. (though they seem too diluted to transform?)

yeah according to Azura and I'll quote this "According to Azura, if their blood is strong enough, members of the Nohr or Hoshido Royal Family can assume the guise of a dragon."but if not they lose control like Kamui did in chapter 5 also like in the Manakete lore don't know if slime Garon counts since he has a crown and becomes a dragon. Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Anankos wasn't always crazy/evil IIRC, also, Anankos in that one DLC preview has a human form, making it a pretty standard Manaketexhuman situation which the series is not a stranger to. (See Ninian, Nils, Sophia, and Nah, all half dragons)

Not to mention, both the Hoshido and Nohr royals are also descendants of Anankos, that's how they can use dragon vein. (though they seem too diluted to transform?)

So what you're saying is, it's still incest.

Its a bit disheartening to see Mikoto being treated in such a way, then having to sacrifice herself in the game... man this is sad. Why cannot mother and father characters in this game just live and be good life?

because IS needs cheap drama and feelz for the player ^_^

Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the US during WWII, married his fifth cousin once removed *shrug*

Everybody here shares a common ancestor else we wouldn't be part of the same specie... (If fact humans are quite inbred compared to many other species out there)

But it's quite diluded so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Naughx

Eh... if you're going to consider sharing an ancestor* like that incest, then yeah. The royal families are so far removed from it (Anankos), though, I'd say it's only incest at a more technical(?) level, they're probably far enough removed genetically.

*I know Anankos isn't an ancestor to Kamui

EDIT: WTF where did part of my post go

Edited by L95

like L95 said, my post was just to point out, this is removed enough genetically. 1st cousin children has the same risk as the mother having a child at age ~40. that may sound bad but it's only ~1.7%-2.8% more likely (so ~5.5%, up from 3%) to have issues. no where near as bad as siblings/parents together which (relatively small data set though) has 6.8%~11.2% increased chance (so 9.8%~14.2%) while having +31.4% chance of death or severe defects. a huge part of the stigma for cousin marriages is this misconception of cousin marriages having a huge chance of having problems like with siblings but that's not the case, especially overall, cousin marriages aren't particularly uncommon and yet those populations aren't completely messed up

Edited by GoXDS