Male Kamui's limitations (children units)

GoXDS

Who's the lost child?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who is lost in Hoshido?

2. 2. Who is lost in Nohr?

3. 3. Who is lost in the Invisible Kingdom?

• Sophie
    • Midoriko
    • Deere
    • Shinonome
    • Kisaragi
    • Hisame
    • Mitama
    • Matoi
    • Syalla
    • Kinu
    • Gurei
    • Foleo
    • Seigbert
    • Ophelia
    • Soleil
    • Velour
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Eponine
    • Eponine AND Kanna (Zero <3)
    • I'm marrying a second gen
    • I'm marrying a Kamuisexual

I only just realized that Male Kamui must marry either a Kamuisexual or a second gen if you want to get all the children in any of the routes. due to a perfectly even split of male and female units (excluding Kamui and Kamuisexuals), if a Male Kamui marries any of those first gen females, you don't have enough to pair all the males with. Female Kamui doesn't have this issue. rather than decreasing the number of available females left, she'll leave one left behind after all the males are paired up.

why you do this to us, IS? so, all of you who will be using Male Kamui at some point, who shall be the unfortunate child left behind? or will you marry a second gen/Kamuisexual now that you know this (or were planning to from the start)?

extra questions would be, if you married Zero or if you're using Female Kamui, who's the female left out? maybe even Aqua and leave behind Shigure? didn't include it in the poll since it's fat enough as is

Edited by GoXDS

Marrying the homosexual options has both kids appear. I believe is says you "adopted" them though.

that would make little sense considering you somehow found a Dragon capable child to adopt (Kanna)??? omegaevolution couldn't didn't get paralogues for Female Kamui and Syalla, unless there's a special condition?

Probably Deere, Ignis, and Lutz. I don't really like the whole super hero bit with Lutz, for Benoit I would pair Belka or Charlotte with him if they weren't already taken, and Deere is cause I'm not too fond of Joker. Like, you really need to be FeMu or Aqua to get a good support out of him.

Wait can't you marry Flora and lose no one in Nohr ? (I don't see the option in the poll)

Flora is Kamuisexual

EDIT: oops. didn't add those options in Nohr

Edited by GoXDS

Hoshido: I'll probably end up not getting Kisaragi~ Sorry, cutie, but I don't care much for Bowmen, anyway~ Really wish I didn't have to do it, but...Crimson and Yuugiri don't really appeal to me.

Nohr and IK: Marrying Flora~

I will always play as female in Hoshido so no problem there. As for Nohr and IK I'll go for Flora, Anna or Soleil depending on the playthroughts. Edited by Yari

I was also under the impression that marrying same-sex cost you any children associated with it: Kamui x Zero same-sex costs Kanna and Eponine according to what I've been told, while Kamui x Syalla same sex costs Kanna.

In any event, I didn't have a particularly strong idea of who I wanted to go with for marriage in the game for the longest of times leading up to the game's release…. until Matoi was revealed. Then I chose her immediately (I was a big Cordelia fan in Awakening), although no optimization consideration went into that choice itself.

Matoi happens to be second gen, so I don't have this problem (not getting all the kids) as the character I want my Avatar to marry will allow all the kids to come about this way.

But it stinks for people who liked a non-Kamuisexual first gen woman.

I'll lose Syalla in Hoshido and IK, because I can't stand Tsukuyomi and missing out on stalker 2.0 is hardly a loss. I'll lose Deere in Nohr even though I have no problems with him, but I don't hate any of the women in the game enough to pair them with Jakob without a good reason. That only applies in runs where I want to marry one of the non-kamuisexual first gen girls though, I'll marry different characters in each play through.

I'll lose out on Sophie in both Hoshido and Nohr, not because I hate her but she feels too generic to me.

When playing as male on IK I'll lose Kanna and Eponine sobs, because I want to see King-consort Zero.

Marrying the homosexual options has both kids appear. I believe is says you "adopted" them though.

There was early speculation to this effect but as much as it should be the case, it isn't.

In Awakening the only way to screw yourself out of any of the kids was to get characters killed off or not recruited or to get all of Sumia's possible husbands paired up with other characters. It's simply bad design that there are now so many pairings that you simply can't get while still getting all the kids.

For Hoshido, Hisame. No real reason why, I just don't like him as much as I do the other children.

For Nohr and Invisible Kingdom, Foleo. I can't stand him. I don't like anything about Foleo. Elise and Deere exist, so I don't need another Rod Knight. I've seen someone put the two black bows on Charlotte!Foleo (any blonde Foleo) in the accessory shop, and he looks just like Maribelle, but that's about the only good thing I know about him lol.

I play Female Avatar, so I try to get all the children anyways.

If I'm not marrying Kamui to someone outside the first-gen pairing ladies, then Syalla in Hoshido and Soleil otherwise, because I'm not too fond of Tsukuyomi (and wasn't fond of Tharja in Awakening, though Syalla is at least better written) and Soleil because I'm really not a fan of her character type and find it demeaning to both genders (though I'll admit, Soleil is somewhat better written than most characters of her type, but that's really damning by faint praise).

For the sake of filling the support log I'll have to leave everyone behind at some point.

But for my first few (male) playthroughs I'll rather "lose" some of the female children, so at least the second-gen has an even number to pair up.

Hoshido: Mitama

Nohr: Eponine

Invisible Kingdom: Syalla

For Hoshido, I plan on marrying Yuugiri mostly so I don't miss a child.For Nohr on the occasion I don't play female, well sorry Kanna and Eponine, but Zero is mine.(Though I do love Eponine and I really wish she was available, I am not that bothered about Kanna though).Same for IK.I either plan to marry Zero, Aqua or Anna depending on the playthrough I am doing.(Zero when I use custom MU and not a generic Kamui, Aqua for super ultra canon shit, and Anna when she is added and I make a Jake MU.I entend t skip all children in the Zero and Aqua playthroughs with the exception of Kanna and Shigure in the Aqua playthrough)

Edited by Azz01

I asked this (albeit with different wording) in another thread only for it to get buried:

In IK, does the whole thing about male Corrin stealing a bride causing me to lose the chance to get all the children still apply?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Honestly most runs I probably won't even get everyone paired up since I don't have the patience to grind when sometimes my runs can end in 3 hours

Out of the runs I plan to keep the save, though, the only male file where it matters is the one x Rinka and I was gonna do less conventional but possibly interesting pairings that run so it'll depend on who I can't put an interesting set together, I suppose

My other two male files are x Crimson and Royal Family => Butlers/Maids run so I'm not even bothering with anyone not a royal or gonna get married to a royal, anyway

Anything else

I play female

I asked this (albeit with different wording) in another thread only for it to get buried:

In IK, does the whole thing about male Corrin stealing a bride causing me to lose the chance to get all the children still apply?

Yes.

There are 19 other (non-Corrin) 1st gen males who can have children.

1. Ryouma

2. Takumi

3. Saizou

4. Aasma

5. Hinata

6. Tsubaki

7. Tsukuyomi

8. Nishiki

9. Kaze

10. Jakob

11. Silas

12. Xander

13. Leo

14. Lazward

15. Odin

16. Zero

17. Arthur

18. Benoit

19. Flannel

And there are 19 non-Corrin women available for them to marry. The Hoshidans can marry all non-silbing Hoshidans and 2 Nohrians, as long as the three shared characters, the Nohrians can do the same except with all non-sibling Nohrians, 2 Hoshidans, and the three shared characters, and the shared characters can marry everyone.

1. Hinoka

2. Sakura

3. Setsuna

4. Hana

5. Oboro

6. Kagerou

7. Orochi

8. Rinkah

9. Azura

10. Felicia

11. Mozume

12. Camilla

13. Luna

14. Belka

15. Elise

16. Effie

17. Pieri

18. Charlotte

19. Nyx

As such, the 19 non-Corrin men with children need to marry the 19 1st gen women who are capable of marrying them.

Kamui/Corrin still must marry a second gen or a "Kamuisexual" if they want all of the children. There will be a total of 21 children under this circumstances: 19 children from the 19 men, Azura's son, and Kamui's daughter. Of these, there will be 10 men and 11 women in the second gen. If Corrin marries into the second gen, he will act as an 11th man and thus let all the 2nd gens get married. He will have 10 choices of women to marry under these circumstances (as he cannot marry Kanna). Of course, he can marry a "Kamuisexual", but they have 1st gen level stat mods and limited supports, so generally they aren't as advantageous as 2nd gens.

Yes. There are 19 unique-child-having males and only 19 women they can marry, so the same applies.

EDIT: Elite Ninja'd

Edited by gayserbeam

I missed out on Hisame. Nothing personal or anything, Hinata was simply the last one left after all my pairings were done.

I'm still holding on to the near non-existent possibility that the reason Anna was left out of the original release was because IS caught on to this little issue too late to do anything about it right there and then. So with intentions to fix it later, Anna's paralogue was taken out in order to give her a proper support list while they work on the rest of the DLC (making her more like Mozume, the other paralogue exclusive character).

...It's nice to want things, anyway. =(

If I end playing with a male Kamui (and that probably will happen just for the sake of support log):

Hoshido: Probably end with Anna when she get available (and she isn't available probably then I would need to choose one o the ids maybe)

Nohr & IK : Eponine will be the girl, just because of the LuLz of her Amie dialogues LoL

So, none of the kids will be lost~

Edited by SniperGYS