Male Kamui's limitations (children units)

GoXDS

Who's the lost child?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who is lost in Hoshido?

2. 2. Who is lost in Nohr?

3. 3. Who is lost in the Invisible Kingdom?

• Sophie
    • Midoriko
    • Deere
    • Shinonome
    • Kisaragi
    • Hisame
    • Mitama
    • Matoi
    • Syalla
    • Kinu
    • Gurei
    • Foleo
    • Seigbert
    • Ophelia
    • Soleil
    • Velour
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Eponine
    • Eponine AND Kanna (Zero <3)
    • I'm marrying a second gen
    • I'm marrying a Kamuisexual

Yes.

There are 19 other (non-Corrin) 1st gen males who can have children.

1. Ryouma

2. Takumi

3. Saizou

4. Aasma

5. Hinata

6. Tsubaki

7. Tsukuyomi

8. Nishiki

9. Kaze

10. Jakob

11. Silas

12. Xander

13. Leo

14. Lazward

15. Odin

16. Zero

17. Arthur

18. Benoit

19. Flannel

And there are 19 non-Corrin women available for them to marry. The Hoshidans can marry all non-silbing Hoshidans and 2 Nohrians, as long as the three shared characters, the Nohrians can do the same except with all non-sibling Nohrians, 2 Hoshidans, and the three shared characters, and the shared characters can marry everyone.

1. Hinoka

2. Sakura

3. Setsuna

4. Hana

5. Oboro

6. Kagerou

7. Orochi

8. Rinkah

9. Azura

10. Felicia

11. Mozume

12. Camilla

13. Luna

14. Belka

15. Elise

16. Effie

17. Pieri

18. Charlotte

19. Nyx

As such, the 19 non-Corrin men with children need to marry the 19 1st gen women who are capable of marrying them.

Kamui/Corrin still must marry a second gen or a "Kamuisexual" if they want all of the children. There will be a total of 21 children under this circumstances: 19 children from the 19 men, Azura's son, and Kamui's daughter. Of these, there will be 10 men and 11 women in the second gen. If Corrin marries into the second gen, he will act as an 11th man and thus let all the 2nd gens get married. He will have 10 choices of women to marry under these circumstances (as he cannot marry Kanna). Of course, he can marry a "Kamuisexual", but they have 1st gen level stat mods and limited supports, so generally they aren't as advantageous as 2nd gens.

Yes. There are 19 unique-child-having males and only 19 women they can marry, so the same applies.

EDIT: Elite Ninja'd

Tch. I thought it wouldn't have been the case for some reason... Oh well.

There was early speculation to this effect but as much as it should be the case, it isn't.

In Awakening the only way to screw yourself out of any of the kids was to get characters killed off or not recruited or to get all of Sumia's possible husbands paired up with other characters. It's simply bad design that there are now so many pairings that you simply can't get while still getting all the kids.

Ehhh, I'm personally not that bothered by this - I've seen worse design in other FEs.

I'll be going female in Hoshido and Nohr, but I'll be sacrificing Shinonome in IK (or maybe Eponine, depending on my mood)

If I were playing male in all of them though, I'd sacrifice Shinonome in Hoshido and Eponine in Nohr (dislike Shinonome's design and find his personality boring, and actively loathe Eponine's personality)

I'll be going female in Hoshido and Nohr, but I'll be sacrificing Shinonome in IK (or maybe Eponine, depending on my mood)

If I were playing male in all of them though, I'd sacrifice Shinonome in Hoshido and Eponine in Nohr (dislike Shinonome's design and find his personality boring, and actively loathe Eponine's personality)

interesting that you give priority to dropping the one you find boring vs the one you loathe

interesting that you give priority to dropping the one you find boring vs the one you loathe

It's because I'll be playing Hoshido first so I'll have already recruited Shinonome once, and due to Nohr's anti-grinding structure I'll probably never recruit Eponine there regardless.

Even though I do immensely, immensely dislike Eponine, I'd still want to recruit her in at least one route for the sake of completion, so she (probably) gets to be safe in IK

Edited by Twylis

Further proof that Velour is best and only waifu

At this point, I'd almost skip Shinonome, even though he's pretty much the child I like the most - the problem is that if you try to recruit him too late, you really have to go out of your way with to be able to recruit him, since he dies on the first turn. I think it's the only downright bad map I can think of in both Awakening and Fates.

I actually changed my vote for IK.I decided that I would leave Shinonome for my super ultra mega canon run(Well my canon run)where I marry Aqua.

[spoiler=Reason]Cause Ryouma is to heart broken to ever marry anyone after Crimson's death cause Ryouma had deep feelings for her.

I am also abandoning Deere cause if my favorite maid cannot marry, then neither can my other maid and butler.

Edited by Azz01

I actually changed my vote for IK.I decided that I would leave Shinonome for my super ultra mega canon run(Well my canon run)where I marry Aqua.

[spoiler=Reason]Cause Ryouma is to heart broken to ever marry anyone after Crimson's death cause Ryouma had deep feelings for her.

ngl I completely endorse that reason

except Shino is the only kid I even significantly care about existing

so rip lmao

If he doesn't exist I'd prolly skip the child feature entirely

Edited by Thor Odinson

Nohr & IK: Marrying Flora because she's best waifu, so no problem there

Hoshido: Unfortunately dropping Midoriko, even though she's one of my favorites and I love Suzukaze, simply because Tsukuyomi is the only guy I feel comfortable marrying Sakura off to

and because I plan on having Kaze die in that playthrough for teh feelz.

Sorry Kaze and Midoriko.

Edited by SageOfAnys

Well depends on the run. I won't cry over loosing Syalla, Matoi, or Gurei. For Nohr, I'm marrying Flora so doesn't matter.

I'm a girl though, so most of my runs I can get em all.

If I'm remembering correctly, if Male Kamui marries Zero, you don't get Eponine or Kanna. They only get a mention at the epilogue, saying that they were adopted. Where they coincidentally happen upon Dragon kid is beyond me.

I plan on having 4 Male Kamui since there are 9 total save files between the 3 routes. If the limitations aren't fixed, I'm not likely to pick any female units that would screw me out of a kid because I like the children mechanic and my OCD won't like it if I don't have 100% completion in my games. Though, I might leave a save file open for each route to complete the Support Logs. So for now, my marriage choices are Anna, Flora, Velour and Yuugiri. However, if the limitations are fixed somehow, those choices are likely to change.

As far as personality goes, Sophie and Ophelia are the only children characters who really seem to interest me. I probably won't go out of my way to recruit any of the others, expect maybe Lutz and Midoriko.

In Awakening, I felt obligated to recruit every child character. But in this game, the explanation for them is so forced that it kind of ruins them for me.

I'll still probably S-rank some characters if it happens naturally, though, just to play their paralouge and give the character a second chance. Even if it's a character I hate, like Syalla, I'll probably play it for the level, at least.

Anyway, my votes went to Syalla and Eponine. I never liked Tharja, even before I saw her supports with Noire, and I'm sure I'll feel the same for her clone.

Eponine and Soleil are my least favorite because of their extreme gimmicks. I probably would of liked Eponine if she was mostly focused on the wannabe "righteous thief" thing, but her extreme Yaoi-fangirl parody gimmick seems kind of obnoxious. Soleil's in a similar spot. I would of liked her if she was focused on being a "cool" mercenary girl or something, but 90% of her character seems to be about how obsessed with girls she is while another 5% seems to be about how she doesn't care if people see her changing clothes. Also, she just seems to be a distasteful representation of homo/bisexuals altogether (and don't you pull that "differences in culture" argument on me. A reason for something isn't the same as a justification for it).

...It's seems that too many of the future children are just either too bland or too over the top. They're too focused on contrasting with or being extreme embodiment of their fathers' gimmicks.

Edited by Zachmac

On Nohr and IK I will be missing out on Soleil, only because doing so preserves my Awakening pairings (I already pair Owain and Severa togeather, so that works and I can just leave Inigo unpaired)

Meanwhile on Hoshido there will be no Not!Tharja.

Hoshido: I'll use a female MU.

Nohr: I've missed Siegbert this playthrough. I didn't realize about this limitation, and I wanted to have Kamui with Felicia at least once.

Invisible Kingdom: Haven't decided, but it's probably going to be someone outside of the pairing system. Just wait for Anna, maybe.