Questions Concerning Map Insertion and Chapter Unit Editing

CooledEvergreen

I've been trying out FE hacking recently and I've been trying to insert a map to replace the prologue in FE7. My questions are:

• Once a map has been made and generated and inserted using Fe map creator and MAR array inserter, how do I set it so that the new map replaces the prolouge map using Nightmare?
  • How do I add units and enemies and such into my new map using Nightmare?

Any help or links to tutorials are greatly appreciated.

Once a map has been made and generated and inserted using Fe map creator and MAR array inserter, how do I set it so that the new map replaces the prolouge map using Nightmare?

http://feuniverse.us/t/eventing-for-dummies/109/7

How do I add units and enemies and such into my new map using Nightmare?

Using Nightmare, the only way is to replace existing enemies on the prologue with the Chapter Unit Editor for that map. In this case, that'd leave you with like three units on the map total, not very interesting.

If you want to make a real chapter, you can try this

Did you record the offset in which you placed your map? If you did, +1 to you, but if you didn't, just insert it again into empty space and remember to keep a notepad file open to record your offsets. Anyway, take the offset from which you placed your map, and then go in Nightmare to your Event Reference Table Editor (or whatever its called, it has Event in it), and then go to the part where it says "Prologue Map"

Take your offset. Lets just say it was "00DD1000". Stick it in, but replace the first 00 with a 08. So the end result will be a 08DD1000 in the Prologue Map. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

Did you record the offset in which you placed your map? If you did, +1 to you, but if you didn't, just insert it again into empty space and remember to keep a notepad file open to record your offsets. Anyway, take the offset from which you placed your map, and then go in Nightmare to your Event Reference Table Editor (or whatever its called, it has Event in it), and then go to the part where it says "Prologue Map"

Take your offset. Lets just say it was "00DD1000". Stick it in, but replace the first 00 with a 08. So the end result will be a 08DD1000 in the Prologue Map. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

Okay....So since I'm using a fresh ROM, if I set the offset in the Map inserter and in the pointer in Nightmare to "08DD1000" like you stated, would it load the new map?

jesus fucking christ do people read the things i post

do i have to post in rainbows or something? this link, (which i've already posted once) explains it very well

I did read those links that you provided, they were very helpful, I just needed a little bit more clarity, and thankfully Squeegee provided that clarity for me. I should have thanked you sooner and I apologize for being rude.