Tips for my castle defense maps?

s07195

I'm playing Normal/Casual atm but planning a Hard/Classic run of all routes after so I'm wondering... any tips for the defense missions against IK enemies? AFAIK they appear on all routes, and Castle Defense 2 and 3 are ridiculous with how many enemies swarm you at one time. Even with all characters in guard stance and rearranging My Castle so all the important stuff like the forest and healing area are near the throne area I barely managed to beat the last one. (Right before Hoshido Ch27, in fact)

Though that led to an epic moment where my Mamui (Lodestar, with Speed drain, dragon fang and sol) paired with Setsuna at the back faced down 6 Golems, 2 Holy Lancers and 3 Trueblades one by one on the throne spot. (Wasted most the EXP though, thanks to Mamui capping levels mid-way through.) Pretty proud, lol.

But yeah, tips.

Get the dragon statues, especialy in the third route where you can get both. You could also build some Golems and Dolls.

And if all else fails, just wait until you're strong enough to stomp them, since that side mission doesn't disappear.

I position all my buildings right next to each other (or at least a square between each) so that it looks like a mall! Coincidentally, that allows my units to be bunched up together in attack stance.

I keep my strongest defense unit on the defend spot, to make sure no enemy gets to it by mistake. If all my units are dying (which doesn't happen anyways because the enemies try to destroy the buildings first), and I have about only 4-5 units left, I make them rush to the defend area, make one of them pair up with the unit guarding the green square, and defend from there. It usually ends up working because the enemies cannot kill the guarding unit.

I position all my buildings right next to each other (or at least a square between each) so that it looks like a mall! Coincidentally, that allows my units to be bunched up together in attack stance.

I keep my strongest defense unit on the defend spot, to make sure no enemy gets to it by mistake. If all my units are dying (which doesn't happen anyways because the enemies try to destroy the buildings first), and I have about only 4-5 units left, I make them rush to the defend area, make one of them pair up with the unit guarding the green square, and defend from there. It usually ends up working because the enemies cannot kill the guarding unit.

Is that on Casual? Or do units who die on these maps stay alive?