Recommend me RPGs?

Caster

If you know me (so like no one) you would know I'm a big RPG buff, and I'm slowly and steadily going through the Dragon Quest series currently, and once I finish them, I really don't know what else I'll want to play for a while, so I'll take some suggestions, I guess.

Not really western rpgs, I'm not a fan of games like Skyrim, or games in that type of genre, really, so mainly JRPGs, and the like.

Thanks.

shin megami tensei franchise is a fun one to get into if you haven't already. Devil Survivor games are spin off titles but they're really quite good. There's also persona which tends to be more popular. Nocturne and 4 are amazing.

Think Pokemon, except you fuse giant dick monsters on golden chariots, good fun.

You should check out radiant historia on the ds, that was pretty good.

If you want some older ones, terranigma on snes is quite decent.

Hmm... as I'm more in western RPGs I don't know so many JRPGs but I like them alot as well and some games that I can recommend are:

Mother - Video Game Series

Breath of Fire - Video Game Series

Ys - Video Game Series

7th Dragon and its sequels

Luminous Arc - Video Game Series

I've played some of them although not all the games in the specified series and they are in my opinion quite great and awesome.

And you didn't mentioned if you want for consoles or PC, but some of these games can be played both on PC(emulator or original) and on their respective consoles as well.

The M&L series are quite good, Superstar Saga and Partners in Time are on the Wii U VG. The Golden Sun series is also really good. The Broken Seal (Just called Golden Sun in the west) and The Lost Age are on the Wii U VG.

I'd recommend Super Mario RPG and the first two Paper Mario games, too. I didn't like the Mario and Luigi games quite as much as most, but the other Mario RPGs are among my favorite games of all time. They're excellent and creative RPGs filled with secrets and entertaining characters, and I can't think of anything else quite like them.

Another one you might want to look into is Xenogears. I'm playing through it now, albeit slowly, so while I can't say how it holds up... I love it so far. It often feels more like an interactive story than a game, but it's pretty good at it.

There are a lot of good recommendations in this topic, though. I'd especially second Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default, and Xenoblade Chronicles.

I've gotta second Ys. Origin, Oath in Felgana (a remake of III), I&II chronicles, and VI are all on Steam, so you've got a lot of options to hop in there. There's also Memories of Celceta (a remake of IV) on the Vita. I can also reccomend Ys Seven on the PSP, I was enthusiastically reccomended that game a while back, and now I'm a huge Ys fan. The series is awesome~

Speaking of Falcom, you might want to look into Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's a more text-based option in contrast to the actiony Ys. It's split into three different games called chapters. FC (first chapter) the only one out now, but the others will be translated soon as well. (SC is set to come out at the end of the summer, so there's that~)

I can also reccomend

Tales of

Persona

and for SRPGs

Shining Force

Langrisser

and for SRPGs

Shining Force

Langrisser

You forgot about Disgaea you heathen

No seriously, play Disgaea 4, preferably the Vita version since it has the most content. It's great, amazing game. It's stupid, but if you play RPGs a ton, you'll probably get a ton of the references.

Along with the Mario and Luigi titles I recommend the SNES game Mario RPG. The timed hits aren't necessarily as interesting and as varied as mario and luigi or paper mario, though. But IMO it's a really beautiful game, and not just as far as SNES games go.

If you're feeling nostalgic for Final Fantasy Tactics or late nights with a character sheet and a twenty sided die, play Crimson Shroud. It's a 3DS eShop game by Yasumi Natsumi of Ivalice Alliance fame and Level-5.

It's gimmick? The bottom screen is a box that you use the touch screen to roll dice. This combined with characters who are all modeled to appear as figurines makes it feel very late night D&D session.

A warning, this game is Vagrant Story, ball kickingly hard. I got slaughtered by a random encounter in the second area.

Yggdra Union is apparently quite good. I've never played it, but I hope to rectify that at some point.

Yes. You should rectify this. I think you'll appreciate the story!

Ahem. . .right, my recommendations ('sides Baten Kaitos, which someone else just covered). Two words: Tactics Ogre. Er, check out the series, that is. It's well worth it!

Have you looked into Roguelikes? They're quite different from Western and Japanese RPGs, usually a minimal focus on graphics, and a huge focus on player freedom/choice (As far as making and using your character go). They're heavy on gameplay, and light on story and graphics.

They're also known for being extremely difficult and using permadeath.

My personal favorite is ADoM (Ancient Domains of Mystery) although for someone new to the genre I would recommend Stone Soup (Has actual graphics, as opposed to ASCII, is not as difficult as some other ones). Nethack is the most well known (Even more well known than Rogue itself, despite being the genre namer).

Xenoblade Chronicles. It has a really great story, the best soundtrack you will ever hear, a usually hit but sometimes miss type of gameplay, amazing characters and character development, HUGE overworld, 400+ sidequests, and New Game +.