What are the recommended skills for Dread Fighter Libra!Owain?

TorterraX

Hello!

I am planning on making Libra!Owain a Dread Fighter in my current Lunatic playthrough, and I don't know which skills would be optimal for him. I already made the pairing, and I plan on passing Galeforce with Lissa (hello grinding) and Renewal with Libra (I'm really open for suggestions for this one though).

The final skill set I plan on having is:

Galeforce

Renewal

Vantage

Vengeance

Astra

Other skills I'm considering are Swordfaire, Agressor, Limit Breaker and Lifetaker.

What skills would be optimal for him? I'm open for suggestions outside of those choices since I never used a Dread Fighter before :P

Thanks!

Edited by TorterraX

Hello!

I am planning on making Libra!Owain a Dread Fighter in my current Lunatic playthrough, and I don't know which skills would be optimal for him. I already made the pairing, and I plan on passing Galeforce with Lissa (hello grinding) and Renewal with Libra (I'm really open for suggestions for this one though).

The final skill set I plan on having is:

Galeforce

Renewal

Vantage

Vengeance

Astra

Other skills I'm considering are Swordfaire, Agressor, Limit Breaker and Lifetaker.

What skills would be optimal for him? I'm open for suggestions outside of those choices since I never used a Dread Fighter before :P

Thanks!

I'd recommend replacing Renewal with Miracle and Astra with Limit Breaker. I'd also recommend Wrath over Galeforce, honestly.

I'd recommend replacing Renewal with Miracle and Astra with Limit Breaker. I'd also recommend Wrath over Galeforce, honestly.

I would agree for in-game lunatic if and only if you exploit not going for galeforce to get Owain usable as soon as possible rather than waiting until 2/3 or more of the way through the game. But if you're going for final set? Definitely don't ditch Galeforce, and since you have limit breaker in there, I'm guessing you're planning postgame too. In which case there are probably better options for in-game children than Owain (though he's not as bad as Brady, and I have managed to use him), and for Apotheosis you'll probably want to ditch VV unless he's marrying Lucina, otherwise VV doesn't really work. He'd want to go LB/GF/Agg/Vengeance/AS+2.

Edited by Alastor15243

I would agree for in-game lunatic if and only if you exploit not going for galeforce to get Owain usable as soon as possible rather than waiting until 2/3 or more of the way through the game. But if you're going for final set? Definitely don't ditch Galeforce, and since you have limit breaker in there, I'm guessing you're planning postgame too. In which case there are probably better options for in-game children than Owain (though he's not as bad as Brady, and I have managed to use him), and for Apotheosis you'll probably want to ditch VV unless he's marrying Lucina, otherwise VV doesn't really work. He'd want to go LB/GF/Agg/Vengeance/AS+2.

Getting Galeforce early into the game is not a big problem because I do a lot of grinding (heck, I even like it). I'm on chapter 14 or so and I'm at the point of getting Nowi!Morgan and Nah, so Owain will be pretty soon. I guess passing Vengeance from Libra would be better then? I don't have the dlc for AS+2 right now, so if I don't have it, what do you suggest I replace it with? Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated ;)

Getting Galeforce early into the game is not a big problem because I do a lot of grinding (heck, I even like it). I'm on chapter 14 or so and I'm at the point of getting Nowi!Morgan and Nah, so Owain will be pretty soon. I guess passing Vengeance from Libra would be better then? I don't have the dlc for AS+2 right now, so if I don't have it, what do you suggest I replace it with? Thanks for all the help, it's greatly appreciated ;)

for in-game, renewal might be nice, or lifetaker. Vengeance is a bit more dangerous in-game, and also it'll be kinda pointless if you're overleveled and the enemies aren't doing much damage to you anyway.