Am I missing anything?

Azz

So I recently finished PoR for the first time thanks to a friend giving me his copy of the game.I thoroughly enjoyed PoR and was wandering whether to continue and play RD.However I know of no one who has the game to spare and well the asking prices for the game online are quite expensive.So basically what I am asking is, am I missing anything story wise mainly, by skipping RD?

A lot of things happen in RD, you find out the whole story behind the "dark goddess" sealed in the medallion and find out many other things besides. RD has IMO one of the better written stories of the FE games I have played, and is the longest FE game I have played as well. I paid $60 for my copy when it came out new and I feel it was well worth the money. It is a FE I highly recommend playing if you can. Amazon is probably your best bet, I don't know if they do this in Europe, but here in the US the search engine Bing has a program where if you sign up for their program (which is free) and do searches with them you save up points and can redeem them for Amazon gift cards, which is how I saved up the money to buy the Robin and Lucina Amiibos from Japan. You might want to check it out and see.

It's a great game, and I agree with all of the points of the post above. RD rounds off everything plot-wise from PoR, and explains some of the mysteries of the story. I felt that RD covered all of the lesser-touched points of PoR, and did it well.

You can emulate the game with Dolphin. Use Google to help you with that.

I give RD's plot a lot of crap but I would say that it delivers when it comes to provide a payoff for all the foreshadowing and suspicious background details in PoR. It delivers so well that I personally I assume that a certain stretch of RD was originally meant to occur back in PoR because of how organically it fits with PoR compared to anything else.

But either way, it should be noted that the story is somewhat spoiled by the fact that we only got the shorter version of the script localized (the Japanese version had two version of the script, with the longer version being reserved for hard mode and above) and that a certain very important scene near the end got completely mangled into something that is completely at odds with the themes of the story. On the bright side, the international version has a few nice new scenes that weren't in either version of the script.

Edited by BrightBow

But either way, it should be noted that the story is somewhat spoiled by the fact that we only got the shorter version of the script localized (the Japanese version had two version of the script, with the longer version being reserved for hard mode and above) and that a certain very important scene near the end got completely mangled into something that is completely at odds with the themes of the story.

What part did they mess up? I'm not too familiar with the translation differences.

What part did they mess up? I'm not too familiar with the translation differences.

I was referring to the (actual spoiler!!! Seriously, I am not trying to save space or bandwidth or something like that)

conversation between Ike and you-know-who in the Epilogue cutscene. Compare the version we got at the bottom of this page:

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/miscellaneous/movie-transcripts/

with this translation on the bottom of this page:

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/part-4-final-chapter-rebirth-5/extended/

To keep things short, our version pulls some nonsense out of nowhere about how mankind needs gods for inspiration, despite how the entirety of Part 4 was about how the gods are not all that different from their own creation and are therefore rather unsuited as a source for inspiration.

Edited by BrightBow

I was referring to the (actual spoiler!!! Seriously, I am not trying to save space or bandwidth or something like that)

conversation between Ike and you-know-who in the Epilogue cutscene. Compare the version we got at the bottom of this page:

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/miscellaneous/movie-transcripts/

with this translation on the bottom of this page:

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/game-script/part-4-final-chapter-rebirth-5/extended/

To keep things short, our version pulls some nonsense out of nowhere about how mankind needs gods for inspiration, despite how the entirety of Part 4 was about how the gods are not all that different from their own creation and are therefore rather unsuited as a source for inspiration.

Ah I see. I think there's another mistake made in

Ike's memory scene too. I remember Lehran saying something about how Ashnard couldn't handle the medallion's power, even though the scene was in the past.