I need help on Hard Mode; Any tips or suggestions?

bunnynoah

I'll be honest, I have had FE:A since two mounths after it's launch in 2013, and I haven't played hard mode once. I am, for the first time, trying hard mode and it is a whole different world from normal (You probably know this). I am on the 5th chapter and I'm stumped. I have completed this game 5 times on normal mode, so I know how the storyline goes. I was wondering if some more expirenced players could offer incite onto any strategies that I should take on hard mode. I also have the fallowing DLC: Golden pack, R&R 3, LB 2-3, and SB 2-3.

Thank you.

You shouldn't need to grind in any of the difficulties. (I mean, if you want to grind to the point where the mode is as easy as Normal... you're better of just playing Normal.)

In any case, you don't want to spread your units' experience too thin. That is, focus on training a handful of units over trying to train them all. That way, you have a handful of strong units over a bunch of mediocre ones.

Be careful of each enemy's range and keep in mind that the difference in speed at which doubling occurs is 5.

Don't send units into enemy range unless you know that they'll survive.

If you aren't sure how the turn will play out, just leave your units. Every unit doesn't have to use their action. Every unit doesn't need to attack an enemy unit. (Sometimes it's better to let the enemy attack you first.)

You can calculate most variables in the game in your head. You want to know enemy hit? Subtract your evasion from their hit. You want to know how much damage they'll do? Subtract your DEF/RES from their attack.

Take into account enemy skills, and calculate your risks.

As long as you can see the bigger picture of the battlefield, you should be able to form a strategy in your head.

...Or something like that...

What is your tactition's asset/flaw and what are you units levels right now?

An easy way to beat chapter 5 is to grab rescue from Donnel's paralogue and pair Lissa up with Miriel. Pair Ricken with Maribelle and move them down to the right so you can rescue them down to your main group. After that you can turtle in the bottom right corner with your units in a box.

I'll be honest, I have had FE:A since two mounths after it's launch in 2013, and I haven't played hard mode once. I am, for the first time, trying hard mode and it is a whole different world from normal (You probably know this). I am on the 5th chapter and I'm stumped. I have completed this game 5 times on normal mode, so I know how the storyline goes. I was wondering if some more expirenced players could offer incite onto any strategies that I should take on hard mode. I also have the fallowing DLC: Golden pack, R&R 3, LB 2-3, and SB 2-3.

Thank you.

You can solo Normal/Hard mode with your tactician by using Frederick as a pair-up partner. lol Once you're a suitable level, you can just use Chrom as your pair-up partner and just trivialize the entire game. Oooor, I'd recommend grinding Lissa up and having her heal as much as possible as one thing to note. Fruity Insanity handled nearly all of the points to go over. The easiest route would be to just use your MU and Frederick for the first five maps and then stick to your MU and Chrom. lol

Edited by Eldin Tokuro