The best units?

While I have played sacred stones before in the past, it was when I was still relatively new to the franchise, so it was on the easiest difficulty... That and I used a copious amount grinding. I'm attempting to play it again after nearly a year or so, this time on a higher difficulty due to my increase in FE knowledge, so I wanted to ask.

Who are some of the best units? I've heard Seth unlike most jaigens (not sure if spelled right :/) is actually very good but than again I've learned to take stuff I read on the Internet with a grain of salt, so I'm not sure...

Vanessa just never works for me... I'm pretty sure she's a beast once she gains a few levels but I can't kill shit with her. And when I finally levelled her up 1HP and 1MAG. I'm pretty sure the RNG is just being a dick, but I expected better from a peg knight.

I also heard that the trainee units are good (Ross, Amelia and Ewan) should attempt it?

I also heard that the trainee units are good (Ross, Amelia and Ewan) should attempt it?

Only if you want to put the time into them, cost effectiveness is a nope for Amelia and Ewan, but if you want to baby them, they can be pretty good.

The trainee units are pretty mediocre, even when compared to other units at an equal level. Amelia isn't particularly better than any of the cavaliers (or Seth) even lategame at equal levels, and Ewan is actually probably worse than Lute and about on par with Saleh. Ross is pretty good if his speed keeps up, his strength is actually pretty ridiculous.

how did you vanessa gain magic, physical units can't gain magic in gba games

Edited by General Horace

The trainee units are pretty mediocre, even when compared to other units at an equal level. Amelia isn't particularly better than any of the cavaliers (or Seth) even lategame at equal levels, and Ewan is actually probably worse than Lute and about on par with Saleh. Ross is pretty good if his speed keeps up, his strength is actually pretty ridiculous.

how did you vanessa gain magic, physical units can't gain magic in gba games

Sorry that part was a typo, I meant luck

Who would be the best healer, Moulder, Natasha or L'archael... Or should I just say ftw and bring them all with me. And also where can I find promotion items... I had a very hard time finding them in GBA games... They just have to be so specific :/

Ephraim, Joshua, Lute, Ross, Ewan, and Cormag.

Use promoted Artur or Lute for a healer. You can find promotion items in secret shops, just remember to bring a lot of money into them to stock up.

Where are these secret shops? Also what's the easiest way to make money, are there arenas, can you get money from skirmishes (doubtful).

Where are these secret shops? Also what's the easiest way to make money, are there arenas, can you get money from skirmishes (doubtful).

http://old.serenesforest.net/fe8/secret.htm

Chapter 14, there's one for Eirika's route and one for Ephraim's route. And another one on Chapter 19 regardless.

Arena grinding is the most efficient way to make money. Skirmishes, the Tower of Valni, and the Lagdou Ruins give you too little money to compensate for weapon usage.

http://old.serenesforest.net/fe8/secret.htm

Chapter 14, there's one for Eirika's route and one for Ephraim's route. And another one on Chapter 19 regardless.

Arena grinding is the most efficient way to make money. Skirmishes, the Tower of Valni, and the Lagdou Ruins give you too little money to compensate for weapon usage.

Are there any people who you would recommend for the arena? I was thinking a Mage or monk due to their high speed and the low RES a lot of enemies have

Are there any people who you would recommend for the arena? I was thinking a Mage or monk due to their high speed and the low RES a lot of enemies have

Put all of the units you intend to use and bring to endgame in it.

The arena should give you somewhat "fair" enemies, just make sure you constantly have enough HP to survive a few hits (this is also a great way to train early-game healers and whatnot). I can't remember if resetting made you restart the entire chapter if you get killed in the arena. If it doesn't, go ahead and try your luck.

Put all of the units you intend to use and bring to endgame in it.

The arena should give you somewhat "fair" enemies, just make sure you constantly have enough HP to survive a few hits (this is also a great way to train early-game healers and whatnot). I can't remember if resetting made you restart the entire chapter if you get killed in the arena. If it doesn't, go ahead and try your luck.

Should I try it on the first arena I see? I think it's the one where you recruit Joshua...

Dunno, but just don't send any high defense units there. Also, pay attention to the wager.

Should I try it on the first arena I see? I think it's the one where you recruit Joshua...

Well, that's a little too early-game, because you barely have any units to train.

Definitely throw Joshua in it, and maybe Franz. I wouldn't waste too much time on the first one though.

Who would be the best healer, Moulder, Natasha or L'archael... Or should I just say ftw and bring them all with me. And also where can I find promotion items... I had a very hard time finding them in GBA games... They just have to be so specific :/

I think Moulder is the best out of those 3 due to availability+staff rank+ level. Promoted Artur can be good, Saleh on Eirika route also works well.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I never grinded or used the arenas...BUT I've played this game like 23947298347298342 times, and I personally think (aside from obviously Ephraim/Eirika) you need to give Seth, Cormag, Joshua, Gerik, Artur, Ross, and Innes a go. Saleh is also very helpful.

You definitely don't need all of them, especially since you'll have Artur/Saleh/Lute as dual magic-staff users. After I while I just stopped using the healers since you already have people who can heal and attack, why waste more unit space? But since you get Moulder early on, I've always ended with him at like A or S rank staves. L'Arachel's also helpful because she's mounted and got that extra movement.

When you say you're having trouble finding promotion items, is that because you're trying to promote all your units? If you just go to every house and get all the treasure chests, you should have enough promotion items for all the characters that you need to promote. Is there a particular one that you're having difficulty finding? Also, if you end up missing them, you can always go to the secret shop as other posters have said :)

So, I never grinded or used the arenas...BUT I've played this game like 23947298347298342 times, and I personally think (aside from obviously Ephraim/Eirika) you need to give Seth, Cormag, Joshua, Gerik, Artur, Ross, and Innes a go. Saleh is also very helpful.

You definitely don't need all of them, especially since you'll have Artur/Saleh/Lute as dual magic-staff users. After I while I just stopped using the healers since you already have people who can heal and attack, why waste more unit space? But since you get Moulder early on, I've always ended with him at like A or S rank staves. L'Arachel's also helpful because she's mounted and got that extra movement.

When you say you're having trouble finding promotion items, is that because you're trying to promote all your units? If you just go to every house and get all the treasure chests, you should have enough promotion items for all the characters that you need to promote. Is there a particular one that you're having difficulty finding? Also, if you end up missing them, you can always go to the secret shop as other posters have said :)

Nah I'm just having trouble finding promotion items in general... It was the same with blazing sword, the only units. Ever actually promoted in that game were the lords, neimi and Kent. The only unit I promoted in SS was Gilliam.

Neimi is in Sacred Stones... lol.

The game should give you enough promotion items reserved for your elite units. Have you visited all of the villages, opened all of the treasure chests, etc.? They were pretty abundant in FE8, IIRC.

I meant Rebecca XD

Also yeah... I make sure to visit every village I come across... I just have trouble finding secret shops