why would girls wear their armor and forget their pants?

Jayvee94

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why battle panties. But Belka, Crimson and Effie are also victims of this.

I'm really concerned about the fact that Elise personally chose Effie's armor...

Garon's hobby is armor design, and he's an old perv, but people are too afraid to oppose him so they wear whatever he tells them to.

That would explain a lot. Especially Dark Mage's Outfit.

Because Japan.

For some reason that seems to be their preferred artstyle, and FE isn't yet popular enough in the states for Nintendo and IS to do the mix and match artsyle here, similar to what they did with Skyward Sword.

Well, I think it might have to do with the fact that they have a different art director since Awakening. Check out Iwata's Ask for Fire Emblem Awakening and you'll see what I mean.

I'm all for trying something new or having someone new in charge but...the changes might be a tad too much in my opinion.

Because Japan.

For some reason that seems to be their preferred artstyle, and FE isn't yet popular enough in the states for Nintendo and IS to do the mix and match artsyle here, similar to what they did with Skyward Sword.

FE has always been a Japanese game and spent a long time without pulling this shit with its armored characters.

Don't blame the art director's bad decisions on their nationality.

While I'm not in favor of so much sexualization in video games and stuff, I can understand why it's there. Not accept it, but understand it. However, at some points it just gets way too ridiculous.

Having classes that ride horses go without pants would be god knows how painful, especially into battle. Have you seen how those things jump for some attacks?

I didn't even notice it until recently but the armor knight and general classes go bottomless too. While it's obvious that isn't the main target, you'd think protecting your own ass would be important for such a defensive class.

Yeah, I really hate how sexualized FE females are getting these days. What happened to designs like Petrine, where she's meant to be "sexy," but not look like she's putting armor over a swimsuit?

There also seems to be a fetish for covering one eye with their hair now (this is also the case with the males to a lesser extent). Camilla, Pieri, Setsuna, Kagerou, they ALL have their hair like this. And male examples are Azura's son (I don't know his name, and I don't want to right now, so don't tell me), and I know there was someone else, but I can't remember. What's with that? I mean, one or two characters doing this is fine, I've even designed one myself (and there's even a reason for why this character keeps one eye covered with his hair: the eye is blind and scarred over, and he thinks it looks too ugly to show). But this many? Just...that's boring as heck.

Edited by Anacybele

Having classes that ride horses go without pants would be god knows how painful, especially into battle. Have you seen how those things jump for some attacks?

Have they honestly ever applied any type of real-world common sense into a video game?No character in Fire Emblem has broken any limbs when they should have.This is basically the same thing.

And imagine on a wyvern/undead wyvern.They also have scales.

Have they honestly ever applied any type of real-world common sense into a video game?No character in Fire Emblem has broken any limbs when they should have.This is basically the same thing.

It's true that romanticized medieval fiction tends to skim over a lot of what most people consider to be boring. Not everyone in medieval armies looked like a super model, and they certainly were never that clean and their teeth were most likely black and yellow. Royalty didn't fraternize with the soldiers like in Fire Emblem, and as far as I know women in most cultures were not even allowed to fight in the army, and the list goes on and on.

However, this is so in your face and unnecessary that you can't help shake your head at it.

Edited by Thane

Well, my theory is that Kamui forces them to wear it. We know for a fact that Kamui treats the bodies of his underlings as if they were his property, so this seems like the most obvious explanation to me. Although that explanation admittedly does not cover female Kamui's torn tights. Maybe she likes feeling the fresh air down there. I could imagine that it's a pleasant sensation on a warm day.

Edited by BrightBow

Nohr classes seem to have a battle panty syndrome.

Yeah, video games usually break the laws of physics. But if there's one class I'm bothered with in having battle panties, it's those who ride wvyerns. They have sharp/hard scales. Sounds painful.

Charlotte.

(Then again, fighters have poor defense)

I'm not bothered and don't care about fanservice usually, but man, Charlotte's design bugs me. It's more of the Fighter class's design than her though. Who thought just wearing shoulder/collar armor and exposing your vitals was a good idea? No wonder Fighters have poor defense. I'd prefer it if fighters didn't wear any armor at all than random shoulder armor. It just looks weird to me.

Edited by Yuina

and as far as I know women in most cultures were not even allowed to fight in the army

Most of the playable women aren't professional warriors as opposed to royals, nobles, civilians, and members of the clergy. The women who are among the top fighters in their nations without being royalty are either famed for magical prowess (Cecilia, Selena), ride a mythical creature (Mahnya, Vaida, Sigrun), or aren't completely human if human at all (Petrine).

Most of the playable women aren't professional warriors as opposed to royals, nobles, civilians, and members of the clergy. The women who are among the top fighters in their nations without being royalty are either famed for magical prowess (Cecilia, Selena), ride a mythical creature (Mahnya, Vaida, Sigrun), or aren't completely human if human at all (Petrine).

...Who fight in the army/Shepherds or whatever, correct? That's a very small detail to get hung up on.

Marisa in Sacred Stones is a professional warrior, and she doesn't use magic or ride of wyvern or whatever.

Edited by Zachmac