Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

Yea

Everything and their mother, that's a projectile, sans like DHD's frisbee, goes even with the MIGHTY MIGHT CHARGE SHOT

and it's SO DUMB :((((

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea

Everything and their mother, that's a projectile, sans like DHD's frisbee, goes even with the MIGHTY MIGHT CHARGE SHOT

and it's SO DUMB :((((

Bayonetta's shoes can be added to this.

I've used Heel Slide into a charge shot and it just dies.

Ready for some Strife?

S1xr2Vi.jpg

BakF65Q.png: "All right, everyone, let's mosey."

Origin: Final Fantasy VII On the PS1 later PC

Year: 1997

Developer: Squaresoft (Now Square-Enix)

VA: Takahiro Sakurai (Steve Burton for English VA but not in smash)

Framedata

Current Official Tier placement: 12th (New section, people are gonna disagree, but i'll be adding these in later and changing when they change maybe)

RSATD: Clouds various sound effects all come from FF7, also his running and jumping animations are directly ripped from Dissidia, a FF fighter on the PSP.

Cloud, the infamous newcomer from FF7, excellent range, excellent speed, safe on shield in a fair few instances, has excellent coverage with limits and can camp with them forcing his foe to approach him, which is nice considering his own approach is pretty lackluster, he has ok grabs, but basically almost none of them combo.

His spacing is really good, his limits themselves are also really powerful and he has access to the AT known as limit canceling which can cancel his limit into an action at quick notice, his uair and aerial game is also quite great, however his offstage game is horrendous as his recovery is nearly Little Mac tier without wasting his Limit.

His combo game is fairly lackluster, but he has some sweet tricks and a projectile for a swordie is always appreciated. Also a major weakness going back to his recovery is that he barely even has magnet hands to grab the stage, making him even more vulnerable to getting gimped.

His limits, have their uses in certain situations and are excellent moves even without Limit, Climhazard is great out of shield, cross slash gets nice damage, Blade Beam is a projectile and limit charge and well... Finishing Touch are pretty self explanatory, FT has some nice setups but they can be somewhat situational.

So have at it doods.

Edited by Jedi

Fuck Cloud.

AC aerials and limit camping, oh boy.

Like I don't even dislike fighting Cloud, I dislike not fighting him. Run away and charge Limit is boring as fuck, and being able to die at 60% is uh, rather stressful.

Also Cloud's nair is great offstage, just don't SD.

<-- may or may not be salty about being eliminated by limit breaks last night

Edited by Euklyd

Fuck Cloud.

AC aerials and limit camping, oh boy.

Like I don't even dislike fighting Cloud, I dislike not fighting him. Run away and charge Limit is boring as fuck, and being able to die at 60% is uh, rather stressful.

Also Cloud's nair is great offstage, just don't SD.

<-- may or may not be salty about being eliminated by limit breaks last night

Is that the Cloud meta now? Kind of a shame, considering you could do what I do and half camp-half aggro, but whatcha gonna do.

Cloud is awesome. Just awesome.

HONOR time, if you and your opponent are both using Cloud, charge your Limit and let him/her charge his/her. May do taunts before or after the limit charge. I consider almost as much of an 'Hello' than a taunt.

If your opponent have no HONOR, he'll just charge you without any thoughts, but don't panic ! Just charge your limit to bait him then at the last moment, roll/jump/dodge or and rofl stromb his HONORless ass.

Seriously, it seems people just can't understand that Cloud can, in fact, do things ,while in Limit.

Edited by B.Leu

^That literally happen only on FG. I need to check up on it and knock some skulls sometime...

Anyways, Cloud is obviously a very powerful character. It wouldn't be a stretch to say he is top 10, at least in the neutral. He is literally a sword character done right with great disjoints and frame data. Only top of this, he has top 15 mobility, is decently heavy at 100 weight, and limit break to force approaches/end stocks early. The only thing holding him back really is his bad recovery, which is pretty much Little Mac tier in terms of gimpability and distance (bottom 2 recovery) though double jump is much better than Little Mac's at least. Still, getting him off stage in a position where he has to burn his double jump and up b is easier said than done. If I were to liken him to another character in terms of MUs, I'd say he's like Mario in that he doesn't straight up lose to many characters. He will not age well like Mario as people figure out more optimal ways to force him offstage and gimp him.

He is even more potent in doubles. Don't be surprised when you see Cloud as a very common doubles character due to Finishing Touch and his overall ease of use.

These are his MUs from what I've observed:

Cloud loses to or has a slight disadvantage against: Sheik, Meta Knight, Rosalina

Cloud is even with or has a negligible advantage/disadvantage against: Bayonetta?, Corrin?, Pits, Diddy, Greninja, Ike, Link, Lucina, Mario, Marth, Ness, Pikachu, Ryu, Toon Link, Villager, and Zero Suit Samus

Cloud beats: everyone else not already listed, but among top 15 on the 4BR tier list he beats Fox, Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi

Edited by Knife

He kinda does have ridiculous frame data for how disjointed he is. Most of it comes from his uair, possibly the best uair in the game. Frame 6, does 13%, disjoint, and autocancels. It literally has everything.

Edited by Knife