Donnel Skillset

~Silver

So, Donny is blessed, in my opinion, with Armsthrift, which is a skill I smack on any unit who can get it. Literally.

But that's just about all he has going for him.

For a skillset, I'm looking at Bowbreaker, Axebreaker, Sol, Limit Breaker, and Armsthrift.

I don't really like the idea of Counter, because in the few situations where it's been useful, it's killed the enemy, robbing me of my precious EXP. :<

But I also don't like the idea for Donny to have Aggressor, Resistance +10, mainly because I have far too many units with those skills, and I can't picture the idea of Donnel being... aggressive. Whatever, are there any other options that I should consider? *winces* +5 HP?

Also, I plan on having him Father Brady, but that's a skillset for another day. ^-^

Umm well I can suggest you having Zeal instead of Bowbreaker on Donnel. It's always a good thing to have additional crit chance. (in my book...)

Plus, with pair up and dual guard, having bowbreaker is kinda useless specially if you have a healer around and Donnel has some nice defence stats. But you can also use +5Hp or +10 Res instead of Axebreaker.

And yea Counter = not a good skill on Donnel.

I like the sound of zeal.

Donny sounds like the type of guy to always be strivin!

But I'm still debating his final option for a skill. I'm starting off the reclassing with Bow Knight: I plan on having Brady with Rally Skill and Speed in the end, and I might as well pass it down.

Should I take either of the Breakers, or what? I don't have TOO many options...

Yea well you can see how Donny is having fun in battle because of one his crit quotes : HEYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Personally, I don't really like the Breakers. I'm not always reclassing my units but sometimes I will end up with tier 1 skills or skills I don't really like but I deal with it. But because of the existence of pair-up and dual guard, you will pretty much either get a dual guard, kill the unit before he can attack you or they will deal between 1 or 5 dmgs. Of course, this is pretty much my opinion and I'm far for being a pro at this game. But Breakers are more useful for your backlines such as archer or mages or units with weakness (Pegasus, Wyvern).

I don't want to enter off topic if you really want to use a Breaker skill, how about you use (almost) all the Breakers? I didn't try this myself but if you give the weapon triangle Breakers to a paladin and you also give him Aegis and Luna, he will become an unstoppable tank-dodge specially with someone with Dual support+. ​ ​ ​

Edited by Nym

I like the sound of zeal.

Donny sounds like the type of guy to always be strivin!

But I'm still debating his final option for a skill. I'm starting off the reclassing with Bow Knight: I plan on having Brady with Rally Skill and Speed in the end, and I might as well pass it down.

Should I take either of the Breakers, or what? I don't have TOO many options...

It'd be best to just have a logbook avatar be your rally bot, honestly. One male, one female. Also; you should have Donnel pass down Underdog rather than Rally Skill and Maribelle pass down Galeforce rather than Rally Speed, it's just overall a better option than passing down Rally skills. Personally though, I always gave Donnel the following build;

Class: Dread Fighter/Hero

Weapons: Brave Sword/Brave Axe/Celica's Gale (Latter included if you're using the Dread Fighter class.)

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boost.)

- Sol (It's his only activation ability, he may as well use it.)

- Aggressor (While you're against it, it's a really could skill to use for front-lining units. Especially when combined with Brave weapons.)

- Axebreaker (Rendering axe users nigh-useless against Donnel when he wields a sword.)

- Underdog/Resistance +10 (If he's a Dread Fighter, Underdog since he'll almost always make use of it due to the nature of these types of classes. Otherwise, Resistance +10 works as a great filler for its defensive properties. Although, Bowbreaker can be seen as useful in Apotheosis too. Resistance +10 still has its merit in this scenario, however.)

Hope that helped.

Edited by Eldin Tokuro

Do not marry him to a galemom or a mother that produces a son. Ever. Especially not Marribelle. Donnell is one of the few fathers (the only others are Gaius and MU) that pass Pegasus Knight down to their children, because Fighter can't pass down to females, and pass Pegasus in it's place. Have him marry Sully if you want an awesome Kjelle. Their mods compliment each other and give Kjelle Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol, Luna, Aegis, Pavise, Lancefaire, 4/5 Breakers (missing Tomebreaker) and Aptitude. Seriously, her Skill pool is nuts. Also, I'd suggest marrying Gaius to Tharja to play off her good speed and patch up her awful Skill, alongside giving her Galeforce.

Do not marry him to a galemom or a mother that produces a son. Ever. Especially not Marribelle. Donnell is one of the few fathers (the only others are Gaius and MU) that pass Pegasus Knight down to their children, because Fighter can't pass down to females, and pass Pegasus in it's place. Have him marry Sully if you want an awesome Kjelle. Their mods compliment each other and give Kjelle Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol, Luna, Aegis, Pavise, Lancefaire, 4/5 Breakers (missing Tomebreaker) and Aptitude. Seriously, her Skill pool is nuts. Also, I'd suggest marrying Gaius to Tharja to play off her good speed and patch up her awful Skill, alongside giving her Galeforce.

Again, I'm not doing this for try-hardiness. I'm aware that Brady!Donnel is terrible, but I do it for personal reasons... I feel like it explains why Brady talks the way he does, and I like how his hair matches his robes as War Cleric.

I mean, again. 57 in Luck? The hell am I supposed to do with that??

...I shouldn't mention that I've made Virion the father of Kjelle, should I...?

But this is just particularly challenging. Donny has a terrible skill selection...

Again, I'm not doing this for try-hardiness. I'm aware that Brady!Donnel is terrible, but I do it for personal reasons... I feel like it explains why Brady talks the way he does, and I like how his hair matches his robes as War Cleric.

I mean, again. 57 in Luck? The hell am I supposed to do with that??

...I shouldn't mention that I've made Virion the father of Kjelle, should I...?

But this is just particularly challenging. Donny has a terrible skill selection...

Brady talks the way he does because Maribelle and his potential father died early on because of the risen though. lol High Luck is pretty good, actually. Miracle builds, critical reduction for the enemy, avoid boost due to Luck's overall factor temperance, and more. As Joth said, Donnel!Kjelle is an amazing choice. Although, passing down Underdog would overall be the better idea since Underdog has a use after Kjelle hits her stat caps. Gaius!Noire doesn't sound too bad either.

Galeforce is overrated (I don't wan't to be off topic but geez).

How so? You can have 3 turns with a Galeforce Pair Up. You can hit-and-run. You can take out an important target and then get into a better position. You can heal yourself and allies while taking out an enemy. It is glorious in LTC runs. I don't see your point.

I really want to talk about it but we will go off topic if we keep talking about this.

But let just say that galeforce is kinda mandatory for things like Apotheosis but you can still beat the game without it too.

Edited by Nym

Here:

Donnel @Hero

-Armsthift

-Patience

-Sol

-Axebreaker

-Zeal

Bowbreaker can probably be substitued by a ranged weapon and Brady can get the Villager skills with the simple touch of a Seal

Edited by Lord_Seliph