Have you ever used Triangle Attack?

Knight

If so, in what game?

I don't think I've ever used it in a practical situation (if one exists), I've only used it in the Tower of Valni in FE8.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire Emblem 7 for me too.

During Hector Story mode... since it's the only way to have the three sisters and to get access to the Triangle Attack.

I trained Fiora and tried it when I got Farina.

in the chapter with Wendy and Barth I was just about ready to drop Bors off the team

But I brought him along just for the glorious KNIGHT TRIANGLE

aside from that I tried it once in Blazing Sword but I've never really used it for useful purposes

The triangle attack is the king of impractical awesomeness in fire emblem

I'd agree with this... If you specifically meant the armor triangle in FE6 or the 3 brothers' triangle attack in the Tellius games, that is. Needing to surround an enemy with 3 units of the one class with the lowest move (with one in particular being the worst unit in the series, or damn near close to it)? And needing to have 3 specific units all equip bows when two of said units can likely kill an enemy by themselves (with the other one of those units being an archer that's a serious pain to raise)??

As to the question: I have used it in FE7, FE8, and the Tellius saga.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

How are the various Pegasus knight triangle attacks any less impractical, Levant? In all cases, you're training three specific units for a critical on a single enemy when they could typically each handle their own enemy, and at least one of the units is usually pretty awful to start out with.

At least the brothers have the advantage of more flexible positioning requirements, and Rolf isn't too bad in RD. The armor triangle attack is pretty awful, though.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Triangles in Tellius are awesome because of canto for the mounted units after attacking (though more uses in 10).

Since Oscar has canto too the brothers triangle attack is pretty good as well. Rolf can oneshot an inside aura.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I did an FE10 Girls Only playthrough and used Triangle Attacks + Leanne to kill Deghinsea because my Ilyana got everything-screwed but strength. Even then it wasn't that useful though.

I vaugely recall using it to kill Linus in 0% growths, since I think the crit goes through Iron rune.

I could be mistaken and just misremebering things though.

I've use the thwomp one as a joke in FE6, and had the FE4 one used against me to my horrible dismay.

the FE4 one used against me to my horrible dismay.

The AI is really obsessed with doing it to you and if you don't know it's coming, well it can be the worst.

I can't say I've ever done the triangle attack myself, it just is so impractical I could never overcome the inertia to do it.

How are the various Pegasus knight triangle attacks any less impractical, Levant? In all cases, you're training three specific units for a critical on a single enemy when they could typically each handle their own enemy, and at least one of the units is usually pretty awful to start out with.

At least the brothers have the advantage of more flexible positioning requirements, and Rolf isn't too bad in RD. The armor triangle attack is pretty awful, though.

Because pegasi have more move than most other classes, and thus can get into position more easily. It ain't much, I'll admit, but it's still something. As for the brothers' triangle... In one game you need to be training Rolf, who's a serious pain to train, and you need to give Oscar bows when he promotes - neither of which sounds like a good idea, if you ask me. In the other... let's just say that if I was using the brothers, I wouldn't waste Boyd's damage potential by having him end his turn with a crossbow. And the nail in the coffin? Because it needs bows to use, I'm left with 3 units who are sitting ducks come Enemy Phase. Whoopee.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'm usually able to use a combination of Ced with Forseti, Faval with Yewfelle, and Ares with Mystletainn to take out at least one of the evil Peg Knight Trio before they can use their triangle attack.

Because pegasi have more move than most other classes, and thus can get into position more easily. It ain't much, I'll admit, but it's still something. As for the brothers' triangle... In one game you need to be training Rolf, who's a serious pain to train, and you need to give Oscar bows when he promotes - neither of which sounds like a good idea, if you ask me. In the other... let's just say that if I was using the brothers, I wouldn't waste Boyd's damage potential by having him end his turn with a crossbow.

It pretty much one shots the Raven King though. In a chapter you may not know to talk to him or have Reyson.

And how is anyone a pain to raise in Tellius when you have BEXP?

Edited by Jedi

It pretty much one shots the Raven King though. In a chapter you may not know to talk to him or have Reyson.

And how is anyone a pain to raise in Tellius when you have BEXP?

You do realize that the game itself hints at the fact that you can have the hawks talk to him, right? Anyways, BEXP or no BEXP, I find Rofl to need too much investment, and in a game where archers have next to nothing going for them... I'll pass, thank you very much. I also see you didn't address the part where you need to give Oscar bows when bows aren't even that useful. And there's this:

And the nail in the coffin? Because it needs bows to use, I'm left with 3 units who are sitting ducks come Enemy Phase. Whoopee.