Treasure!

AnonymousSpeed

"I can believe i forgot to buy a tent. i guess that's what i get for being to distracted by books huh." Gabe thought as he was looking around. " I guess its the dirt for me i don't have money for a tent or a night at the inn ,and i dont feel like bothering someone for there tent." Gabe then looked around for a decent piece of ground to lay on then took off his cloak he had to use as a blanket. "I better hope it doesn't rain ,but knowing my luck it'll flood"

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I suppose it's better than the ground..." Helena sat stop Garen as they walked. It was surprisingly pleasant, the two's tired muscles resting against each other as Garen followed a bit behind Gareth's lead.

Helena was familiar with the temple of Urga. Full of the local knights, happy to show off their pledges of faith and use it as a badge of authority. The men were always a bore to deal with, even as they had begun prepping her for her pilgrimage a few years back. At least it would be warm and safe...

"It's no problem," Zaragoza said. He was about to take them out from his belongings when Gareth spoke up about an alternative place to spend the night.

"I appreciate the offer, but I must decline," he said. "Setting up the tents would take much less than an hour, and I have something else to take care of as well. The walk to the temple would take away time from that, I'm afraid."

"hmm? oh hi. yeah i'm just sleeping here i don't have a tent on me or the money for a night at an inn or anything so i figured id just hope there isn't any rain tonight. Don't worry about me it isn't the first time I've had to sleep outside its actually kinda nice with the stars and all." Gabe said tiredly he was very sleepy as he lways was when nothing fun was going on. He then went back to trying to sleep.

"I'm afraid I already have a room reserved at an inn back in town. I'll... see you all tomorrow then." Cedric left in a hurry. Who knew defeating stacks of hay would be so time-consuming, I hope he's there. Cedric hurried through the streets, trying to remember the directions, until he saw the place. Hard to miss all the noise. Cedric walked in and looked over the crowds of people populating the tavern, and saw a table off to the side. There sat a single man, wearing a green coat that has seen better days. Good, let's hope this meeting pays off...

"Well look like it will take us even less time since every one of us already as a mount. It's a little saddening to see someone sleep on the ground but since he refused our help we can't force him." (after all he is one of those extravagant helene... ) "Then the three of us will part to Urga's temple. I wish to all of you a nice evening." After the greetings Gareth spoked to Helena with a smile "Lady Helma was it ? Look like your pegasus is a little tired, I think you should go with Leon and me on ground until we arrive to the temple if it doesn't bother you." Then the three strangers headed back to the temple under the starry sky. "What a beautiful night ! The spirits must have blessed this expedition then I guess there will be way more than material profit on this expedition" thought Gareth out loud.

Edited by Izhuark

"Yeah. I suppose it would be easier to walk..." Helena avoided Gareth's gaze. The man was annoying and she was in no mood for his prattle, even if he did it out of kindness. She rode along in silence with the others to the temple...

Temple of Urga

The sun had nearly set as the trio of Gareth, Leon and Helena approached the temple. Standing outside, performing some sort of maintenance on the tent-like sanctuary, was the old man in the yellow robe who had seen Gareth off that morning. Catching a glimpse of the group, he ceased his chore and stared out at the approaching riders, noting that one of their mounts was a pegasus, and then, as they grew closer and their image clearer, that the other was Gareth. "Ah, young templar!" the man called joyfully. "You return, and with friends!"

:as she was setting up the tent she borrowed from Zaragoza,she decided to ask him a question.: "So whats this other thing you need to take care of? is it something having an extra hand would help with?"

"Well, I plan to write a chronicle of our journey," Zaragoza answered as he setted up the tent he was going to use. "The idea is to do this every night before sleep."

"so a journal entry? that should be an interesting story when we find the treasure." :she then finished up her tent: "just be sure to stay alive long enough to write the entire thing."

"I plan to," Zaragoza also finished with his tent. "I do hope that on the chance we are succesful, I can leave my mark in history with a narrative of our journey."

Well, with the tent out of the way, it was finally time to work. I better set up a fire, he thought.

With that out of the way, Zaragoza now focused on his work. Starting a fire near his tent, he found a spot it would give him adequate lightening. Sitting down with the proper materials, he began to work.

The purpose of the gathering at the clearing became clear once they finally arrived...

"Good evening, priest, I hope our presence doesn't disturb your work, we came, my new comrades, Helma and Leon, and I, in fact to ask for a bed in your humble temple if it's possible." Stated the young templar while presenting his newfounds companions "They have been engaged by helenes to go on an, humph, "archaeological" journey and i decided to be a voluntary to protect them and make sure that our torini's legacy will not be blatantly plundered. On the meantime like i said earlier we need somewhere to sleep this night and i thought you could lend us an hand, if i remember correctly while i was training in Ios the temple welcomed some pilgrims in need of a bed for the night and i guessed that you would have the same traditions. If so I sincerely ask you to lend us a hand for this night solely."

Temple of Urga

Smiling and nodding quietly, the old man heard out Gareth's tale. He leaned in and whispered, "engaged by Hellenes, you say? It seems one of them is a Hellene, though." After a brief chuckle, he then addressed the group at large. "Of course you may rest here! All the Supreme One's children are welcome in their time of need, should we be able to provide. Please," he said as he opened a flap and gestured for them to enter, "come in!"

• 2 weeks later...

Helena sneezed as the two whispered. As the priest beckoned, Helena allowed the other to pass her, placing herself away from Gareth. The less anyone inquired of her the better...

• 2 weeks later...

With kind eyes and a warm smile, the elder priest waved the group into the temple. "A stable? I'm afraid not young man," he replied to Leon's question, his answer filled with a twinge of regret. "We are not often a home to travelers, you see. We do have a place you may put your steed, though. Kalao!" The old priest turned his head inside the tent. "Could you please help this young man with his horse?"

"Of course, elder," a quick reply resounded back, and shortly after a younger, broader priest garbed in green appeared in the entrance.

"Thank you, Kalao. Though," now the old man's attention turned back to Leon, "before we send you all off, why don't we go ahead and make our introductions? This young priest here is Kalao. I am Suva. We have already made acquaintance with Gareth," he said with a nod to the Templar. His small, but bright eyes then looked between Leon and Helena. "What might your names be?"

"My name is Helma. This is my horse, Garen. Not to be confused with the...ah...Sir Knight here." Helena wanted to say more to the aged priest, but kept herself silent for the time being. It was already obvious she was a native, despite her name coming close to the other land her new compatriots hailed from.

She leaned over on Gareth, looking to hand him off to the boy Kalao. "If it would be alright, I would like to accompany our steeds. I find their care...soothing..." There was a lot Helena needed to get off her chest, and as always Garen would listen to her.

"My name is Leon, Leon Alvarise. My horse's name is Eva, as I said earlier. It is a pleasure to meet you, Suva and Kalao." Leon said politely to the old man.

"Ah, yes, I would like to accompany my steed as well,, just to make sure she behaves." He said as well.

Gareth looked on Helena, and spoked up "Let me accompany you too, lady Helma. You wont be able to handle two horses by yourself and I need to wash my clothing and to cleanse myself in a nearby water spot anyhow." Then Gareth turned up to Suva. "Please let us know when you will start preparing the dinner by lighting some fire up there, so we can comeback help you preparing it." Said Gareth in a kindly and gentle manner. He then quickly untied is luggage to take out his purse and give 150 piece of gleaning gold to the old man "here's for your efforts. If you don't accept it for lodging us think it as a simple donation to the temple.". The young templar then turned back and took Cherubin's bridle looking pridly on his loyal steed. "I think i saw a river back there on the other side of the hill, it will be the perfect place to wash ourselves and to let the horses quench." Eventually told Gareth while showing the direction to his fellow companions.

Edited by Izhuark

"I think I can handle the horses. Far better than you would know, sir." Helena bit back at Gareth after he offered to accompany her. Helena quickly dismounted and readied Garen. She learned to herd horses with relative ease back home. Itd be an insult to be shown up by this ritualistic cod. "You both go on ahead and wash yourselves. I would prefer my privacy during bathing anyways." Helena stared 1st Gareth for a few moments, waiting for the others to dismount. There was noticeable impatience and a hint of pride in her eyes, such as how she got when it came to treating her animal compatriots.