Treasure!

AnonymousSpeed

After exiting the battle field gareth backed himself on a nearby tree watching from a far the group reassembling, his vision troubled by the tears in his eyes. How could this happen how could can he be surpassed by such people ! But his pride remained... after a few moment he decided to go take back cherubin from the battlefield and go back to the troup trying to stand up the best he could. "Were you looking for me ?" said the templar with arrogance when he came back.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well that was hardly a challenge!" Cedric exclaimed as he joined the rest of the group, needlessly flourishing his ax. "I'm afraid I don't see how...uh..." he trailed off as he saw the miserable looking templar. "Er... are you... unharmed?"

As the group gathered around them, Nasba stood with a rather unassuming posture. By contrast, Saban's was tall, proud, and confident, his hands clasped in front of him and a smirk on his face. "Hah, don't worry, miss...?" Saban began, turning to Valor. "We don't intend to put you through anymore fights with barrels of hay. This was just a single test, you see. And don't worry about your sword, if it breaks on our journey, we'll be able to get you another one."

Next, Saban turned to Cedric, the other one to speak. "Good! We can hardly find Talibo's treasure if we can't overcome hay, can we?" It was then that Gareth approached. Having already noticed, Nasba didn't display much shock. Saban, meanwhile, seemed ever so slightly surprised.

"I was," Nasba said, raising a hand meekly. "I hope so. I haven't ever fallen off a horse, but I don't imagine its entirely pleasant..."

"You helene, couldn't even feel this pain if you wanted to ! After all this is why you "recruited" us to do the dirty work isn't it ?" said Gareth still in pain because of his fall. "Even if i hate you i made a serment and i will respect it and help you in your quest but don't treat us as cannon fodder or you'll regret it."

Gareth then turned back toward his new companions. "Look like it's time for us to present ourselves, I am Gareth of Orcade a torini's templar, i'm here to watch over this expedition and make sure that our patrimony will not be plundered by some faithless helene people, i promised to take no part in the financial profit the group will make, I also know the rudimentary of healing magic and will help you in combat or out of battles thanks to the power of spirits".

then Gareth dismounted carefully of Cherubin and took back his place in with the other warriors waiting for their own introduction or the two helenes to give orders to the group. Even with his disappointment toward himself and his hatred toward helenes, Gareth was actually pretty excited to learn more about his near comrades of arm remembering him of his escapade with the group of torinis. He was especially curious about this one eyed green warrior that could go faster than him plus he seemed foreign but not helene by his traits.

Edited by Izhuark

"I believe I said it earlier, but my name is Leon. Not really much else to say about me, I'm not native to these islands, I just came from off the islands to here just searching for a job, which obviously we all found here." Leon said, without really any specific tone in his voice.

"Well, aren't you very respectable?" :she said in a nice tone: "You can call me Valor Myst, I look forward to our battles in the future Gareth."

A Knight?! Crap. Gotta think fast... Helena couldn't really run a fake story, the knight would see through it quickly. But since the others had come out with introductions, she'd need one too, or risk looking suspicious. Dismounting Garen, she clung to Garen's side, trying to shrink herself as much as possible to avoid Gareth's vision. When it came to her, she stepped out slightly, glancing nervously at Gareth. "I-I'm...Hel-"

Wait, if she used her real name, this man might recognize her household. He seemed like the type of man who'd groom a top class horse, if only for showing it off as part of his pride. So what to go by? Think....

"I mean, it's Hel...ma. Helma!" She said with forced enthusiasm. "I-I'm a...uh...young, naive adventurer looking to get away from my home cause i-it's boring? Heheh..."

Oh god could I sound anymore forced or pathetic? They'll see right through me!

Helma sweated softly as everyone stared at her. She waited for their response, every moment an agony of embarrassment to the clever girl she thought she was.

seems i have some nice people to work with. may this become a worthwhile venture for us all. Gabe finally gathered with the rest of the group as they finished their introductions. " hi im Gabriel Sanac a scholar. I hope we will all be friends in this endeavor." Gabe looked around and noticed the Pegasus knight looking very nervous and everyone else was not paying attention to him it seemed. "Hmm I guess I should just keep my mouth shut for now unless spoken to."

Edited by gabethegreen

Saban almost glared at Gareth during his outburst. "There will be more dirt than that to go through for this journey," he said with a faint scowl. What a little bigoted twerp...

Power of the spirits... Nasba thought during his introduction. The faith of Torini people was something he was familiar with. Unlike Saban, however, Nasba was actually a bit intrigued by them. His own beliefs were set in stone, but still, there was something fascinating about the mythology.

With each introduction, the two remained quiet, with Nasba giving a small wave to each person as they began speaking. When it came time for "Helma's" introduction, Nasba turned to Saban with a confused look. The latter shook his head and gestured to dismiss it.

"A historian?" For once, Nasba was the one to speak up. "Ah, fascinating!" The Helene stood up straight and grinned, walking over to Zarazoga and personally extending a hand. "Saban and I are also students of history. In fact, it's how we became inspired to pursue this treasure!"

"We can fraternize further off the field," Saban said with a confident smirk. They really did need to get off before he had to pay extra. "But it is most certainly a pleasure to have all of you with us!" Nasba shuffled back towards Saban while the latter spoke. "Now, as I said, this exercise was a test, to see how you can do while fighting as a group; And of course, you passed it! For those who have presumably never fought together before, you displayed excellent synergy! I dare say we have quite the winning team assembled."

Nasba nodded.

"I know that hay doesn't represent everything we'll encounter on our quest," Saban continued. "But I am sure you all know as much. However, I think that we have the potential to handle whatever we might come across. Our combined talents should more than suffice on our journey. But it grows late, so we'll delay starting it until tomorrow morning. Be gathered on the northern edge of town tomorrow at dawn, where the road into the woods begin. When we have assembled, we will head to Oia. Any questions?"

"my only question is if you will be fighting with us or not, as far as i can tell we dont know if you are capable of defending yourself." :she said being concerned:

Helena kept quiet?, dodging glanced from the brothers as they spoke. She stormed off as soon as pleasantries were over. She needed to dash the stink of idiot from herself. She made things a lot harder on herself than necessary it seemed.

"I have a lot of question actually" said Gareth still doubtful of the two helenes. "Firstly how will the the organize drudgery in the group ? I don't think you engaged one of your maids to do our laundry on the journey." said the templar with an embittered laugh.

"Secondly what are concretely the obstacle we will face ? You said it yourself there will way more than meaningless destruction on this journey and if you recruited many warriors it must not be for the show, so be honest and tell us as good employer what will really be our task."

"Thirdly how much will you pay my comrades and how well we will be feed ? To maintain a good moral and a good condition for the entire good those two points are very important, I hope you thought well of it before engaging 7 warriors."

"Miss Valor, we needn't worry about that," Saban assured. "He have seven very capable warriors in our company," he said, gesturing to them all. "Should worse come to worst, I'm sure you all will be able to handle it."

Next to address was Gareth. Oh, I'm sure you do, Saban thought, holding back a sigh and an eye roll. He spoke loudly, informing the whole group of what was what. "You're right, we did not bring a maid on this journey. It is not a house that we are looking for, after all. It is expected that each of us will have a degree of responsibility for our personal maintenance. However, we have brought some cleaning supplies with us. I know it isn't a particularly glorious aspect of things, but one cannot tread with stepping on the dirt. We'll assign the work as needed."

One down, two to go. Lovely...

"Unfortunately, I cannot tell the future," Saban said. It would have been so nice to drive a boot into his gut...but that would be unbecoming, so for the sake of the rest of the group, he kept his composure. "So I cannot say exactly what we'll encounter. Hopefully, nothing, but we are searching for quite the treasure. It would not be surprising if there were attempts to stop us. Should we not run into any trouble though: Many hands make light work, and many eyes thorough searches. Our cause will be no worse off your assistance."

Finally, there remained one question. Thankfully, Saban and Nasba had already considered these difficulties, it made answering the templar quite a bit easier. "Your final payment, my allies, will be your share of the treasure! As Gareth has said, he is hear to watch over us all, and not to take any money for himself. As such, the profits shall be split between the remaining eight of us. Until then, each of us will be covering our own expenses. Nasba and I have brought money with us as well. However, we are all on the same quest. Our goal is the same, and whatever we carry with us will be dust compared to what we find. It would be appreciated for all of us to pool our resources together, in terms of finances as well as in terms of ability, to ensure our success. A group which looks out for its own is a team bound for good things."

'A group which looks out for its own is bound for good things', an old saying in Hellas. Hopefully, it was simple enough for the likes of Gareth to appreciate.

Well now, that was some news to hear.

Looks like I'm not quite alone in this, Zaragoza thought, accepting the handshake.

Soon the introductions led way to questions. Zaragoza decided to stay. After all, never skip out on the chance to learn, he always reasoned.

Ok well i dont think i have any question to ask i guess ill just watch and listen for a bit. id rather not slip my tounge and get someone mad. Gabe thought to himself then stood quiet a step away from everyone just in case.

"Will that be all then?" Saban asked. "No further questions? No? Excellent."

"Night is now falling upon us-" And indeed, the sky was darkening as the evening grew late. "So we shall not set out until tomorrow. We shall meet at dawn, on the northern edge of the city, along the road to Oia. Nasba and I have some business to resolve before we leave town, so we shall now be off. I recommend you all do the same, and get a good night's sleep." With a nod to the group, Saban headed off to collect whatever money he could get back from the man he'd rented the field from, and Nasba followed behind, leaving the group to their own conversations and devices.

Night approaches, it's probably best to get to sleep. But where to sleep?

1- Did you bring a tent? If so, great! If not, perhaps ask someone else for a tent?

2- Go into town, and seek lodging in the inn.

3- Sleep out in the open night! But beware, there's a (31-Luck)% chance you'll catch a cold!

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

"Tsk... to leave us behind like that," :after she pat her Pegasus, it flies away to a nearby lake: "hopefully some of you guys brought some tents and whatnot?"

Edited by Thany

And thus today's main events were over.

Well, since I have brought my things already, no need to head back to town, Zaragoza thought. Saves time.

"I have," he answered to Valor's inquiry. "I can lend my spare one if the need arises."

"i would appreciate if you could spare me one if you please. i thought these guys would of giving us tents... so i didnt buy any. so im kinda stranded in this department..." :she said: "thanks aton."

Gareth stood proud but was a little worried the moon was already rising in the starry sky. "It's a little late to build up tents and i think most of us don't have one..." Preoccupied Gareth tried hard to think of some sort of solution to find an home for the night. Soon a smile drew on the templar's face.

"Thankfully i know a place we could go to get some rest and something to eat : the temple of Urga. Since most of us aren't native i will give some explanations : a lot of Torinis go one day in their life on a pilgrimage and travel all over the islands to worship the different spirits in their respective temple, those same temple have the duty to welcome travellers in need for a night or two. It will be the perfect place to stay as the priest are really kind and noble-minded plus it will make you aware of Torini islands beauty and inner treasure, not only it's material wealth. Finally, the place isn't that far away, it should be one hour from here unmounted. "

Edited by Izhuark

Gareth pointed the top of the hill on the other side of the city. " Well it's very simple : do you see the red and white flag above the buildings on the top of this hill ? They indicate the presence of a temple. So we will just have to go back to the city centre then traverse it to arrive at the bottom of the hillside."

Edited by Izhuark