Which FE game should receive a sequel?

Which FE game should receive a sequel?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should receive a sequel?

• Akaneia Saga
    • Gaiden
    • Geneaology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Tellius Saga
    • Awakening
    • Fates

Tellius. <3 Although I wouldn't want it to take place in Tellius itself, I'd want to see Ike take part in a new adventure as a side character in a land he visited. It might not seem like a sequel, but it technically would be one since it would follow up on Ike's departure. :P He wouldn't be a lord anymore, btw. Because Ike's spotlight is done.

Another idea I'd love is another game with Priam in it and how he ended up in Ylisse. Nobody's heritage in this one should go too in-depth though, due to how few 100% canon Tellius pairings there are. Each character that has a paired ending may only have one option for a spouse, but they were still optional, even if said spouses remained alive.

Edited by Anacybele

So long as they don't make it all FE13-y, either FE2, 4, 6, or 8

Of course they'd do that: that's the expectations they have, and that's what sells now.

Which is why I say no to any sequels or remakes.

Of course they'd do that: that's the expectations they have, and that's what sells now.

Which is why I say no to any sequels or remakes.

I agree, but, theoretically, if IS was still doing GBA style games, I'd love to see a Elibe prequel based around the Scouring.

Blasphamy! Serra is ETERNAL.

^ to the power of 61. Serra probably "sorted out her affairs," as her ending states, by ascending to goddesshood. It was her heavenly protection, not St. Elimine's, that guided the Lycian Alliance Army safely through the war.

I vote Sacred Stones since it's the only true "standalone" FE game. However, it should be a prequel showing the story of the 5 Heroes. I haven't seen anything about the plot of Fates (no spoilers please), but I'm pretty sure we've yet to have a FE game where the entire world is distinctly apocalyptic, the fall of civilization itself already well under way. I feel the original game comes close, but you start to cancel the apocalypse pretty quickly there.

Personally, I'd love to see a sequel to Blazing Sword; in other words, I'd like to see a remake of Binding Blade that makes more sense in terms of the storyline of FE7, where 3/4 of the cast is not dead for silly reasons, and perhaps game mechanics are updated slightly.

I don't know if there is any FE game that should receive a sequel. I'd like to see a sequel to FE8 though. As said, it's the only true standalone game in the series, and I'd like to see more of Magvel.

As for the sentiment I see expressed here for a sequel to FE2, I think FE2's ending really doesn't warrant a sequel. With the unification of the kingdoms of Sofia and Rigel, and the faiths of Mila and Duma, a time of peace begins. If another game were to feature Valencia, I would say it should be set some time into future, not as a direct sequel to FE2.

A remake for FE2 would be nice, if only because the NES's UI can be a pain to deal with.

if they make a sequel to fe8 or fe2 and ruin it by making it like awakening i'll cry

Also this.

I vote Sacred Stones since it's the only true "standalone" FE game. However, it should be a prequel showing the story of the 5 Heroes. I haven't seen anything about the plot of Fates (no spoilers please), but I'm pretty sure we've yet to have a FE game where the entire world is distinctly apocalyptic, the fall of civilization itself already well under way. I feel the original game comes close, but you start to cancel the apocalypse pretty quickly there.

I don't know...

The reason they couldn't be any sequel after Magvel is that... The situation is pretty bad as it i.

The countries were torn by war, and there is still that super earthquake comming that will causes chaos and devastation.

Having some kind of post apoalyptic setting coukd be interresting (FE8 : Days of Ruin)

For Gaiden, a remake would be a better choice than a sequel, because they are lots of interresting things to develop about this game (and Doma in full 3D, obviously.)

Edited by Tamanoir

Sacred Stones, set right after the catastrophic earthquake.

Who knows what ELSE could rise from the depths of the earth after it's all been shot to hell and back?

Sacred Stones. Whether you like it or not, Gaiden already has the results of a future in Awakening. Sacred Stones is literally the only one that hasn't had any other games, be it sequels or prequels.

Akaneia's been done to death by this point once you count Ylisse into the mix.

Valentia's future has been shown as Valm.

Jugdral's pretty much wrapped up.

Elibe's pretty much wrapped up.

Tellius's pretty much wrapped up.

As neat as it would be to show stuff with the legendary heroes of the past, it's pretty evident that FE more or less leaves such figures as only that: History. Barring exceptions like Gotoh, Athos and Lehran anyway.

The Awakening Bias for me is real, but I'd love to see a darker sequel for Awakening, or one that has Priam go on his own journey or something.

Now, if I disregard my opinion and think about it in terms of the rest of the fans, Sacred Stones probably deserves it more. It's a single game that has almost no connection to anything else in the entire franchise. At least Awakening and Fates are connected.

I truly did not expect Sacred Stones to do as well as it is doing. You guys bring up the good point, though, that it is the only standalone FE game, and the game does need more attention.

Really ?

It's the most obvious choice honnestly.