Last 2 DLC of Season 1 out now

Aidil

The grandmaster class is male-only so that pretty much says that Male Robin is canon.

Or they just wanted to keep a gender balance of dlc classes. Females get Great Lord and Witch, Males get Ballistician and Grandmaster.

I don't know why they didn't NOT limit these classes, but whatever

Edited by NeptuniasBeard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed this DLC quite a bit. My favorite part of it just might be the map theme itself though. I just paused battles and listened to it for minutes on end, the ablazed version in particular is fantastic. (The regular version is pretty good as well.)

Edited by Monado Boy

Or they just wanted to keep a gender balance of dlc classes. Females get Great Lord and Witch, Males get Ballistician and Grandmaster.

I don't know why they didn't NOT limit these classes, but whatever

Males also get Lodestar, so there isn't really a gender balance of DLC classes. If they make Vanguard available as well, and also make it gender-exclusive, males would get double the amount of DLC classes when compared to the females.

Edited by Luankachu

Males also get Lodestar, so there isn't really a gender balance of DLC classes. If they make Vanguard available as well, and also make it gender-exclusive, males would get double the amount of DLC classes when compared to the females.

Forgot all about Lodestar lol

Then I guess it's just because IS doesn't want to make a new model and just recycle the amiibo bodies

Ehhhh, Great Lord is female locked, does this mean Chrom was retroactively erased?

No.

There's been two Great Lords. One was Chrom's and the other is Lucina's.

The one you get in Fates is Great Lord (F).

Great Lord (M) exists in Fates as well, but is skillless. [Chrom's in it in "Encounter with Awakening"]

Grandmaster doesn't enjoy the same luxuries, and it really is saying "F!Robin doesn't exist".

Chrom is a Lord (M) in Encounter with Awakening, not Great Lord.

I think you're reading too much into it; the only reason Grandmaster is gender-locked is because they only made a Robin (M) Amiibo.

Then IS probably thought "oh, it'd be cool if you could unlock Grandmaster, Lodestar and Great Lord without Amiibos (but we're lazy to make new 3D models for the other genders)".

Edited by VincentASM

No.

Great Lord (M) exists in Fates as well, but is skillless. [Chrom's in it in "Encounter with Awakening"]

Grandmaster doesn't enjoy the same luxuries, and it really is saying "F!Robin doesn't exist".

I don't think Chrom is promoted before he even meets Robin, though Vincent already said this hee hee

Edited by L95

No.

Or, you know, IS is just lazy and didn't want to bother with a female model for the grandmaster class, and thus shouldn't be taken as any statement regarding canon. Gameplay vs story segregation and all that.

The annoying bit about the Grandmaster situation is that they shouldn't even need a different 3d model. The male/female tacticians were nearly identical, and "Grandmaster" here is based visually on the tactician, not the actual Grandmaster class.

No.

I don't think internal data has relevancy to this kind of thing. Both classes were presented to the player as the same one, even if they had different caps. Also, Great Lord (M) doesn't exist in Fates. Chrom is a "Lord", who can level up to 40. So, there's no promoted version of a male Lord according to Fates.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that there's also female Morgan too, who storywise is always a tactician even if she can have other initial classes depending on her mother. Denying the possibility of a female Grandmaster due to Fates' gameplay also negates her, not only the possibility of a female Robin.

Edited by NeonZ