what they will keep in american version and what not

dheavenlymango

It's okay Thane, I married a murderous eye-patched outlaw just for yaoi and then my cousin/aunt who the hell really knows.We all have our quirks.

But I'm not even a furry! I just thought her design was cute and she was one of the few who didn't sound like a 30-year-old trying to sound like a prepubescent girl! Damn my standards for waifus have fallen because of this game...

But hang on, you married your cousin/aunt? Wait, your aunt is your cousin? Dude...

Edited by Thane

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm not even a furry! I just thought her design was cute and she didn't sound like a 30-year-old trying to sound like a prepubescent girl!

But hang on, you married your cousin/aunt? Wait, your aunt is your cousin? Dude...

You don't need to be a furry to marry an humanoid wolf.

Yes, I married my blue haired cousin/aunt.(I am unsure of our relation)

I just hope you know I am not referring to my real aunt or cousin.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering if they'll do something about Midoriko, Sakura and Elise's S-supports. I don't think they're going to go so far as to remove the S-supports with all the siblings, but those three kids are very young; at the very least I suspect they'll change the romantic tone of the proposal.

Probably that, along with aging them up slightly to petite-looking mid-teenagers.

....theres a reason i refuse to S support second gen characters in general.

Seconded. Oh so much.

Yes, I married my blue haired cousin/aunt.(I am unsure of our relation)

I just hope you know I am not referring to my real aunt or cousin.

Phew, my internet reputation remains safe.

Well you know what they say, incest is fun for the whole family.

I'm exhausted, not stupid. Well, not THAT stupid, anyway. I'm just having a bit of fun before I hit the hay.

Well hey, at least nobody married Pieri or Midoriko.

Edited by Thane

Phew, my internet reputation remains safe.

Well you know what they say, incest is fun for the whole family.

I'm exhausted, not stupid. Well, not THAT stupid, anyway. I'm just having a bit of fun before I hit the hay.

Well hey, at least nobody married Pieri or Midoriko.

Incest is wincest wooooo!

Oh don't worry, more then likely there is people who have married both of them.

Characters won't die, they will be "sent to the shadow realm."

All weapons will be replaced with walkie talkies.

>implying they won't be holding invisible guns.

Oh obviously, but they're still very much children, so I still think some text has to be changed, if not remove their S-supports entirely, since I don't think anyone here's comfortable with the idea of them being pregnant, which is a likely scenario for at least two of those characters.

I haven't given it much thought at all, but I find it creepy that those three can be romantically involved with anyone to that extent.

If Nowi passed the bar, then they will too. They will likely tone down their supports so they don't sound as overtly romantic and/or age them up to teenagers. It's easy to gloss over the sex and pregnancy because the game already does it.

When two people love each other very much, they hold hands and then a baby appears in a wheat field. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jokes aside, I don't think werewolves in their human form ever counted as 'furry'.

Dragons and wolves are animals so it's not bestiality!

They'll probably just make their dialogue slightly less childlike, and make their voices a little deeper.

Oh lord I hope not. That's the only thing I liked about him!

Ugh Zeros lines are one of the things i was looking forward to as well...dang

Oh yeah I heard from connections that they're thinking about removing the Skin-ship . I honestly hope they don't though

Ugh Zeros lines are one of the things i was looking forward to as well...dang

Oh yeah I heard from connections that they're thinking about removing the Skin-ship . I honestly hope they don't though

I don't mind one way or another if the skin-shipping is taken out. Though, if it is, I kind of wonder if we would get something else in it's place.

I think some people are overreacting to that guy's words.

Every FE game has had something changed, be it certain characters or whatnot. I think the changes made to Henry in Awakening are well known by this point.

What was changed about Henry if I may ask?

Basically, he's more genuinely insane in the Japanese version. In his Olivia supports, he actually is trying to KILL the animal before Olivia comes in. He's considerably more demented in his overall demeanor.

The English version gave him his famous "blood" quotes and made his macabre nature more comical.

Well, there's a very detailed breakdown you can read about here: (x)

Really, the biggest difference is Henry being turned into a comic relief character, and the sort of impression he gives off due to this change.

Basically, he's more genuinely insane in the Japanese version. In his Olivia supports, he actually is trying to KILL the animal before Olivia comes in. He's considerably more demented in his overall demeanor.

The English version gave him his famous "blood" quotes and made his macabre nature more comical.

Ehh, I wouldn't call him genuinely insane. He only tried to kill the dog in order to prevent it from suffering prolonged pain before dying. A quick death was better than eventual starvation (due to the broken leg), in his mind. After Olivia says she'll heal it, Henry immediately offers to help. He says, roughly:

"I thought that [death] was its natural fate.

But if it can get help, it's not its time yet.

If it can come back from the brink of death,

nothing could be better~!

Isn't that right, Barky?

It's good to be saved~"

source: (x)

If Nowi passed the bar, then they will too. They will likely tone down their supports so they don't sound as overtly romantic and/or age them up to teenagers. It's easy to gloss over the sex and pregnancy because the game already does it.

Nowi also had the excuse of being a millennium old Manakete. She wasn't 10. They even kept bringing up her age to reaffirm this point

Basically, they made him awesome.

Nowi also had the excuse of being a millennium old Manakete. She wasn't 10. They even kept bringing up her age to reaffirm this point

Excuses. They can say that a character is 16 or 10,000, a child is still a child. Especially when they act like a child as Nowi does. Far be it from me to judge child-lovers for their interests but to to appeal to those types, IS will always find a way to frame the children as older than they are.

I don't know why they were options in the first place. Consistency's sake? Or maybe IS thinks a large enough percentage of the market is into that to warrant s-ranks for children? I joked earlier in the thread about holding hands leading to babies but for all the maturity that IS handled the issue, you could be forgiven for thinking that's where babies come from.

Excuses. They can say that a character is 16 or 10,000, a child is still a child. Especially when they act like a child as Nowi does. Far be it from me to judge child-lovers for their interests but to to appeal to those types, IS will always find a way to frame the children as older than they are.

I don't know why they were options in the first place. Consistency's sake? Or maybe IS thinks a large enough percentage of the market is into that to warrant s-ranks for children? I joked earlier in the thread about holding hands leading to babies but for all the maturity that IS handled the issue, you could be forgiven for thinking that's where babies come from.

I agree with you, I'm just saying they had something they could use as a justification, regardless of how flimsy it is. Not so much now when you have kids so young that they're spouses have to pick them up from day care

I'd love for them to remove the S-rank options for Elise, Sakura, Midoriko, Lutz, and Tsukuyomi. Nothing of any value is lost, but they'll probably just take the easy way out and make them all older in the North American release.

I'd love for them to remove the S-rank options for Elise, Sakura, Midoriko, Lutz, and Tsukuyomi. Nothing of any value is lost, but they'll probably just take the easy way out and make them all older in the North American release.

The problem would be Shara or however her name has been transcribed on the internet. I wonder if they could just not make her a child unit somehow, and just make her a recruitable character like Mozume. Still, I agree with you, I don't think the quality of the game would suffer at all if you removed those options at all.

Thanks,

I think I prefer comical bloody Henry more than genuine insane Henry.

I imagine that the only changes we will see is a few of the characters are aged up, some characterization changes and some of the skinship lines and incest overtones toned down.

Thats about it. Normal for localization. I doubt we will see the censorship boogeyman for this one.

That would be cool and all, but Shara.Not only would it be losing a child but also I think some people who plan on marrying Shara as female would be pretty peeved off.And NoA already confirmed same-sex marriage is coming to Fates in the localization.

....theres a reason i refuse to S support second gen characters in general.

I'm the same, it just doesn't feel right. First gens with first gens, second gens with second gens. :p

Why does this 5 year old even get to fight

Because he's a SUPER five year old! He has the blood of the superhero Harold in him!

Hey, hey, hey...I'm completely normal even though I married that monster werewolf girl!

...Right?

Could be worse, you could be marrying the bloodthirsty, psychotic characters.

Except for the fact that this game has made it possible for to gain additional classes through marriage and by removing S-Supports from several characters, you flat out prevent that from happening.

I don't think they'll make those characters unmariable thanks to the classes they give to others and the fact that you would miss out on some second gens if some characters can't be married anymore. I do think they'll change the hyperbolic time chamber concept a little so they don't sleep with others while still being kids. I have no idea how, but I don't think them having children with the current situation will get past the cencors or that it will be very appreciated by the western fanbase.