Best child?

Leif

In terms of gameplay it's obviously Kanna and his/her possible siblings....

However, when it comes to personality, who is the most enjoyable/likable out of the bunch? From what I heard, Kinu is a bit obnoxious. That doesn't surprise me, though, judging from her artwork...

The only child character I liked from Awakening was Noire because of her hilarious outbursts, especially in her A support with Laurent. Though she, like the rest of the second generation, were gimmicky with their personalties. Do the Fates children fall under the 'gimmicky personality syndrome' as well?

EDIT:

No major character spoilers please...

Edited by Leif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some do have a stronger gimmick than others.

The only kid I strongly care about is Shinonome---and not even out of my Ryouma bias, he genuinely shot himself up very high in my list based on his own supports alone. Being my fav's kid is just a bonus.

though I do like a few of the others, just nowhere near as much.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Shinonome and Siegbert are pretty cool, just seem like nice people without a gimmick that completely defines them. Kisaragi is also pretty cheerful, I haven't read too much of his supports though.

I don't think Kinu is actually obnoxious? She's just really naive and cheerful, a ball of energy so to say. Better than Velour at least, cool design ruined by a boring personality.

How's Ophelia? She'd as cute as a button and is definitely going to be one of my primary magic users.

She seems to have a very similar personality to Odin, from what I've read.

My personal favourites are Shigure and Foleo. They're adorable.

Shinonome really surprised me given how boring Ryouma is. Shinonome's supports are decently varied with no real gimmicks involved; he's basically just a chill dude who's fun to listen to. His support with Matoi is one of my absolute favorites in the game.

If you don't like gimmicks, however, then you won't like many of the kids. Midoriko only talks about medicine, Kinu only about playing, Velour only about collecting awful treasures (although her support with the avatar is pretty sweet), Soleil likes girls, Ophelia is Owain and Foleo dresses in dresses - I haven't checked out a lot of supports for the Awakening expies, but I've heard they're handled a bit better though.

I still like Velour though, with a good support with Kamui and the best design in the game. It also helps that she kicks so much ass.

Edited by Thane

I really like Shinonome (Shino as I call him) because his supports are wonderfull he has a good design and he feels more natural compared to the other children. I really like Ryoma but Shino is better than him as a character because is supports are more varied.

I was peasantly surprised with Syalla she is less crazy than Tharja and I loved her supports with Shino. They were the supports that made me want to read more of her now she became one of my favorites.

I also really like both Kannas mostly because of the moe factor but also because I enjoyed their supports quite a bit.

Overall for me the best is Shino because he feels so human and fun. And no it has nothing to do with my love for Ryoma!

Edited by Yari

I really like Siegbert from what i've seen. A very nice, capable guy and although his insecurity issue regarding his dad is often brought up its treated tastefully and isn't some character devouring gimick. He also seemed slighty dorky with his grand way of speaking in his shinonome support.

I also quite enjoyed Shinonome's support, which was a surprise since I considered him somewhat boring at first. Perhaps that was because his tvtropes page basically had one or two lines only.

I'm really dissapointed in Eponine though. I really like her design and her profile described her as calm and cool headed, which are types I like. Sure she seemed to be a yaoi lover, but I could take that if it was handled tastefully and it did't dominate every conversation she had. Sadly from what i've heard her being a yaoi lover is basically her personality leaving very little room for a professional thief personality.

I adore Shinonome, Ignis and Ophelia. They are my favourite child units.

I feel like Shinonome is a well rounded character and I adore how cute Ophelia is. I also think that Ignis is quite a holistic character despite being timid. Some of his supports (especially Ignis/Eponine) were some of my absolute favourites.

Probably Shinonome from what I've read, though I don't particularly care about the 2nd gen tbh. The fact that they're children alone is a major turn-off for me.

Edited by Ryo

Shinonome, Siegbert, Kisaragi and Shigure are unquestionably good.

Now for another favourite of mine, it's Foleo. Yes, his character centers a lot around his crossdressing, but it's not treated as shallow as it could be.

Especially his supports with his dad, where Leon comes to terms with it and even deems Foleo worthy of wielding Brunhilde. The rest of his supports are also rather good (except with Soleil, but that isn't surprising).

I was really scared at first with how they'd deal with it, but from my perspective it was good.

The rest of the children are for the most part tolerable. The only real problem I have is with Soleil. Eponine is also something of a missed opportunity, but I still like her well enough.

While I love Eponine cause Zero bias and all the yaoi for Epo, Shinonome and Velour are by far some of my favorites.

Shin has a great personality and Velour is just adorable and I love the irony(Cause Little Red Riding Hood).Though Epo is still my favorite child.Also I love Foleo since he is very different from the typical male who looks female archetype FE has in that he embraces his femininity instead of being embarrassed by being called female.

Also, might I add Shara is amazing especially in her supports with Femui.

Edited by Azz01

I really love Matoi, but I'm not a fan of much of her supports. Most of them feel very awkward, imo. I really like her supports with Ignis and Luna, though (Matoi's mother/daughter support is slightly different with Luna). Her design is something I adore, and I always appreciate more Pegasus Warriors!

I really love Matoi, but I'm not a fan of much of her supports. Most of them feel very awkward, imo. I really like her supports with Ignis and Luna, though (Matoi's mother/daughter support is slightly different with Luna). Her design is something I adore, and I always appreciate more Pegasus Warriors!

On the plus side, her support with Shinonome is great.

[spoiler=but here's why Velour is the best]51524586_p0.jpg Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51524586

Drawn by "ni02", Pixiv.

Hmm, i somehow Like Deere and Kisaragi, they're totally opposite how i look at them, Kisaragi cheerful and Deere is gloomy i can say? At least looking at the apparence. : P

Edited by eriotto

Matoi: she's skillful,intelligent, dutiful and tries to be perfect in her own way not pushing it over the top and of course gorgeous! and can be a princess!

Gameplay-wise with Hinoka as mother one of the best child in the game.

My other favorites are Shigure, Shinonome, Mitama, Ophelia, Kisaragi, Kinu and Velour.

Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Well, I do like Matoi as a character and I think she's attractive.

And I do think that Prodigy is a very good skill. I'm not sure if I'll go so far as to say that she's necessarily one of the better children units for gameplay from an objective standpoint, as that -2 SPD modifier from Tsubaki hurts a good deal.

SPD is an important stat, and even the Hinoka!Matoi we both like only gets up to +0 SPD. Of course, Falcon Warriors and Great Lords and the like are really fast, and she does have Swallow Strike, but someone with a higher SPD mod could potentially do similar things while doubling more opponents (including high SPD mod opponents). So some other children are probably better than her for gameplay by a good margin.

I still really like her anyways; she's still my favorite regardless.

tbh I really like Kinu's design and her gimmick doesn't annoy me much so she's one of the ones I like more that aren't named Shinonome

Also her support with Shino implied that Ryouma is actually a turbonerd who happens to carry his favorite spice on his person just to give some to his son so

pls

tbh I really like Kinu's design and her gimmick doesn't annoy me much so she's one of the ones I like more that aren't named Shinonome

Also her support with Shino implied that Ryouma is actually a turbonerd who happens to carry his favorite spice on his person just to give some to his son so

pls

I don't really have a problem with Kinu either. She's cute and her gimmick isn't very annoying unlike Felicia's.

Is that for real? Where can I find those supports?

I don't really have a problem with Kinu either. She's cute and her gimmick isn't very annoying unlike Felicia's.

Is that for real? Where can I find those supports?

http://pastebin.com/U5r0ua8R

Shinonome: When I told my dad about this he said 'you have yuzukoshō* with yakitori' or something...
Kinu: Yuzukoshō?
Shinonome: Yeah. That's what he said, and then he insisted I take some.
Or at least, that's how I interpreted that.
Edited by Thor Odinson

I personally think all the kids look really cool, this time around with only a couple of them I don't really care for, but just based on design, as I haven't read too many supports to avoid spoilers.

I think Foleo's really cute and sweet and squishy, and I can find Eponine relatable to a certain extent~ Midoriko's a cutie, and I think Kinu and Velour are funny~ I also like Ophelia's similarity to Odin and I like Syalla since she's like Tharja, yet not like her enough to make her unique~

Those are the few who I've seen a couple supports of, but I really do like the child characters~