FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloading :Rei:

EDIT: it was an entertaining chapter, i don't think i'll be able to hold all the feels once we enter the battle of barhara. The previous chapter feeled longer, i am probably reading faster :>_<:

Edited by Avi448

Oh look, an update. I'll read it at/after work. Edit: Manfloooooy

Either way, I'd like to suggest updating the thread's title when you release a new chapter. For visibility and stuff.

Edited by TravelingElder

Manfloy more like Manflay

Seriously.

Edit: Who needs to do science notes due the next day when I have manga to red! :D

Edited by Cuan Man

i think sigurd needs a hug, poor guy

Sigurd needs a lot of hugs after all the shit he goes through tbh.

Manfloy more like Manflay

Seriously.

Manfloy the Manflayed, yes.

I considered feeling bad for him,

but then volume nine happened.

• 2 weeks later...

When there is, it'll be in the OP. Until then, patience.

^ Accurate and thank you. Plus I'd post a new post unless I was the last poster, in which I'd just ask ChildofDain or Faiaaouji to poke at the thread for the update so it's not just in an edited post where nobody will actually see that the thread updated.

I don't believe I should have to say this, nor again, but we are not going to give constant updates. We are working on it. We are not doing weekly releases, so please don't ask us for updates just because some two weeks or so has passed (and there is no way in hell we'll be able to release chapters that fast. Seriously. Some of us are genuinely busy). That is the same as rushing us and that really makes us lose motivation. We don't have a set schedule. It is worked on when it can be worked on. From here on out, I am no longer repeating this and questions about updates will not be answered. We have said this several times now and for some reason are still being asked for updates. We are not going to give every tiny detail and step of what we're doing. If the chapter was done, it would be up already.

We are working on it.

Appreciation to all of you who have been patient and understanding; especially those of you who have asked others for patience. And for Holsety's sake, I am not in any rush to finish off gen 1.

Maybe spoiler below kind of not entirely:

And for the record, no, we don't see Sigurd get burned. It's entirely off panel. We get something else even more suffering instead.

Meanwhile the realization has hit me that we have fifteen chapters left until reset. Gonna have to milk these last gen 1 chapters for all the pain they're worth.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

^ Accurate and thank you. Plus I'd post a new post unless I was the last poster, in which I'd just ask ChildofDain or Faiaaouji to poke at the thread for the update so it's not just in an edited post where nobody will actually see that the thread updated.

I don't believe I should have to say this, nor again, but we are not going to give constant updates. We are working on it. We are not doing weekly releases, so please don't ask us for updates just because some two weeks or so has passed (and there is no way in hell we'll be able to release chapters that fast. Seriously. Some of us are genuinely busy). That is the same as rushing us and that really makes us lose motivation. We don't have a set schedule. It is worked on when it can be worked on. From here on out, I am no longer repeating this and questions about updates will not be answered. We have said this several times now and for some reason are still being asked for updates. We are not going to give every tiny detail and step of what we're doing. If the chapter was done, it would be up already.

We are working on it.

Appreciation to all of you who have been patient and understanding; especially those of you who have asked others for patience. And for Holsety's sake, I am not in any rush to finish off gen 1.

Maybe spoiler below kind of not entirely:

And for the record, no, we don't see Sigurd get burned. It's entirely off panel. We get something else even more suffering instead.

Meanwhile the realization has hit me that we have fifteen chapters left until reset. Gonna have to milk these last gen 1 chapters for all the pain they're worth.

We appreciate all of the groups hard work, I'm sure we can all learn a little patience, and I think you can leave it to the people who are following the topic to convey to people that quality takes time.

Edited by Zasplach

At least pretty soon the chapters will get smaller. 40 page chapters are difficult, especially when there are dual-page spreads included in them. As we said before, we're not unbinding the books out of choice, which means certain dual-page scenes take me much longer to re-draw.

But yeah, it'll happen when it happens. We work on things when there's time to do so.

Just be happy you don't have to wait years between chapters. =w=

We appreciate all of the groups hard work, I'm sure we can all learn a little patience, and I think you can leave it to the people who are following the topic to convey to people that quality takes time.

Thank you!

i appreciate you guys doing period because otherwise i wouldn't get to see the end of the manga at all.

also does it make me a bad person that i was intially dissapointed we don't get to see sigurd burn.

Thanks! Imo what we're doing is better than nothing at all which is why I see no need for people to be constantly asking for updates. We're happy to be doing this, and it's also fun for us as well as you guys, but we aren't going to be working on the manga every day of our lives. Some future chapters may come out quicker than others, but that's because some chapters are only going to be around 21 pages versus the times we take longer to work on some 40 or so pages. Working on 40 or so pages does take a while, and I appreciate when you guys understand that.

Haha, maybe~. I was sure someone would sooner or later. You see the result of it - him turned into ashes and Tyrfing on the ground - but the death isn't shown. Tbh there are a lot of the gen 1 deaths we never see and a handful we do see.

--And JUST as I am saying 40 pages takes longer one of our cleaners busts in saying 40 page chapters are difficult. c':

we actually did before Chapter38

That was quite literally her point. That at least we're not taking years between our updates. There was a three or so year wait until updates started again and we are entirely aware of that. If people waited that long, there is no harm in waiting a few weeks for an update. We've really been trying to be polite here, but in some cases, it's getting kind of hard.

i'll just be waiting patiently mentally preparing myself for the inevitable heartbreak that is the battle of bellhalla

I guess it depends on how you handle emotional things in manga, but I'd say the rest of gen 1 is pretty emotional. Oosawa definitely went out of her way to make villains sympathetic save for a few (like Sandima and Shagaal), but really, the Battle of Barhara manga-wise wasn't just black and white morality like Sandima and Shagaal were. I can definitely say I don't feel bad in the slightest for game Reptor, but manga Reptor, yeah, I'll admit it was a bit sad. On the fence with Langbart because of reasons. :l

Also, Lex fans can rejoice because he takes up most of volume seven.

Oh wow! So I just happened to be browsing through my comic/manga download folder on my laptop, since I've amassed something of a collection over the years, and rediscovered the folder with all the FE4 files. Sudden rush of nostalgia! So of course I immediately search for where I downloaded them from, because I'm realizing its been over three years since I've checked in on the project, and amazing I come back to find you guys are still actively working on it! Or at least looks like a new group has picked up the project. But still, awesome timing to rediscover this. Definitely just started rereading the manga from the beginning, and I'll be sure to drop in to check for updates. Thanks for all your work!

You're welcome!

The one downside to the upcoming chapters is there are a lot of action scenes that have the dreaded two-page spreads so I'm going to be very busy. :) I might have to ask our other cleaner to work on the normal pages while I tackle just the spreads for redrawing work,

@Yoshi2398 - Manfloy is still sort of a sympathetic villain in that his entire life was fucked up just because of the bloodline he is descended from. It doesn't excuse any of his actions, but his hatred and dislike for everyone else and wanting to bring back Loptous is kind of understandable... everyone with Lopt blood was being killed, regardless of the nature of their character. Wanting to revive the Lopt Empire so his bloodline wouldn't be persecuted against any longer would be the sort of thing that looked desirable. Of course he's still a huge dick that ruined everyone else's lives and sunk to incredibly low levels to do so.

Ah, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not sure how his backstory is portrayed in Oosawa's telling of the story, but she's definitely done a good job of keeping (or making) the conflicts often morally grey and explain why the antagonists would go to such awful lengths (yied massacre, battle of barhara, etc).

You're welcome!

The one downside to the upcoming chapters is there are a lot of action scenes that have the dreaded two-page spreads so I'm going to be very busy. :) I might have to ask our other cleaner to work on the normal pages while I tackle just the spreads for redrawing work,

@Yoshi2398 - Manfloy is still sort of a sympathetic villain in that his entire life was fucked up just because of the bloodline he is descended from. It doesn't excuse any of his actions, but his hatred and dislike for everyone else and wanting to bring back Loptous is kind of understandable... everyone with Lopt blood was being killed, regardless of the nature of their character. Wanting to revive the Lopt Empire so his bloodline wouldn't be persecuted against any longer would be the sort of thing that looked desirable. Of course he's still a huge dick that ruined everyone else's lives and sunk to incredibly low levels to do so.

Ah, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not sure how his backstory is portrayed in Oosawa's telling of the story, but she's definitely done a good job of keeping (or making) the conflicts often morally grey and explain why the antagonists would go to such awful lengths (yied massacre, battle of barhara, etc).

still hate manfroy especially because he was the reason the other villans ended up doing their evil things and he's the main source of all the problems.

also i would have liked if oosawa wrote the FE6 manga so we could have a really well written zephiel. not to say his FE6 manga character was badly written by any means.

As long as Manfroy isn't sympathetic then i'm all good

Ah, well, he had a moment (even cried), but after what came next I totally did not care in the least. Saddest part of the manga for me tbh.

Oh wow! So I just happened to be browsing through my comic/manga download folder on my laptop, since I've amassed something of a collection over the years, and rediscovered the folder with all the FE4 files. Sudden rush of nostalgia! So of course I immediately search for where I downloaded them from, because I'm realizing its been over three years since I've checked in on the project, and amazing I come back to find you guys are still actively working on it! Or at least looks like a new group has picked up the project. But still, awesome timing to rediscover this. Definitely just started rereading the manga from the beginning, and I'll be sure to drop in to check for updates. Thanks for all your work!

Yeah, the project was dead for three years. We just picked it up and started working on it, and our first release was near the end of August. Your timing is impeccable at the least. :3 I also went back to reread it all recently and wow. I can't believe gen 1 is really almost over. Gonna miss these guys. I remember when I first found this manga, how immersed in it I was. It keeps very closely to canon in gen 1 with its own spin, and I couldn't stop reading when I found it. I hope you enjoy the rest of the manga just as thoroughly. :3

You're welcome!

Yup yup. Volume nine isn't about to go easy on you with those double spreads, and most things from here on are action scenes until gen 2.

As for Manfloy, he still does have a legitimate reason to be how he is. His motivation is not simply "I want power/to take over everything". He wants revenge for how himself and his people were treated just because of their heritage. Of course, he leads the Lopt Sect, and THOSE guys are definitely not redeemable. It's one thing to want revenge for the people who were mistreated who didn't deserve it based on their blood (exactly why he had Alvis on strings), but the Lopt Sect is a lot more into the idea of "revive Loptous and destroy them all". They're going at this with two wrongs, with the idea of "you did it first so we're gonna do it too". Obviously that did not help their image and Manfloy actually made things a lot worse in terms of people's views on the Lopt Sect and those with Lopt blood. Manfloy's initial motivation is understandable and relatable, but there's a point where what he's doing is not okay anymore. He's not like Shagaal who just wanted to rule everything and was a blatant asshole. Manfloy is also very intelligent and the mastermind behind everything, so he definitely has what it takes to be the villain he is. He's an extremely well written villain both in canon and in the manga.

The fact that Alvis had to hide the fact that he had Lopt blood or he would be condemned just further proves that Manfloy's revenge is not unwarranted. Unfortunately Manfloy had long gone off the deep end here, so he used that to his advantage and had Alvis do tons of horrible things and also take the fall for them. The people who were involved in hunts for people with Lopt blood were not right, and Manfloy was initially... but by the point of the story's time, he's leading a group that just wants destruction and a world for only their people; not just to destroy the people who destroyed them. The manga shows a total change in attitude between Manfloy and Alvis, and Manfloy and Yurius. To him, Yurius is the god who is going to save them. Alvis was too deep in his thinking with his Fala blood, so he had no care for Alvis.

Of course, when you think of the people who follow the religion for Loptous, that's another story versus their blood. Loptous is just out to destroy things and have fun doing so. Supporting a god that just wants to destroy isn't a good impression. That is where the Lopt Sect falls. Then you have people, like Alvis, who have the blood but don't care for Loptous.

Stuff about him will start coming up in volume nine. I think she tried to make us feel sorry for him, and under another circumstance I might've looked at it like I did with Reptor, but it was a bit too late for that. :'D

still hate manfroy especially because he was the reason the other villans ended up doing their evil things and he's the main source of all the problems.

also i would have liked if oosawa wrote the FE6 manga so we could have a really well written zephiel. not to say his FE6 manga character was badly written by any means.

Don't worry; we're not trying to make you LIKE him! I hate the guy too, but he at least started out with understandable reasons for what he does now. He's not really the reason other villains were jerks though. Shagaal was always an asshole, but Manfloy jumped in and gave him motivation to act. Basically in this case the blame falls to both of them, but Shagaal was all interested in the fact that he could do awful things. Meaning, the thoughts were always in his head, but now he finally had a way to act on his desires. Then you have the instance with King Batou, where he sent Sandima in, but ultimately it was his plan, and they manipulated an innocent person to start a war. From the very beginning to the very end, all the wars that broke out the way they did were because of the influence of the Lopt Sect. Only Manster and Thracia already had serious issues, but the way things happened during the storyline were influenced by manipulation. Example, Blume took over Manster for the Empire to have possession over it when Thracia was about to annex it. The Empire, at that time, was under the Lopt Sect's control, and if you go by FE5's storyline, it was also ruled by a member of that group until Leaf did away with him. Ultimately though, yes, Manfloy caused everything we see in the storyline.

Ah yes, this wonderful manga is finally starting again. I especially love it's semi-realistic take on warfare within FE, with sieges and aerial battles and anti-air and all. Thank you for hard work.

Agreed! I love how she writes about warfare. It's very detailed and she even writes a lot of war meetings to explain things. Her writing is very easy to follow but easy to get you wrapped up in, and that was what drew me into this manga in the first place, as well as her very well written characters.

don't worry i understand you're just trying to explain manfroys actions not justify them and i was mainly thinking of arvis and trabant when mentioning villans he influences as well as julius who is the villan i felt sorry for the most.