Jugdral Defender

FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (68 UP)

On 12/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, Salem said:

Love your translations!

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing work you all do, and I hope times become easier for you. Bless you. 

Thank you! Life seems to like smacking this project square in the face when I drag it back out. Petitioning life to chill out a bit for an at least somewhat consistent schedule. 😒

Here to confirm I am still alive and have a chapter that's near completion. I have some files to round up and a bit of organizing to do, and the bulk of the next chapter in question is on another computer, so that's part of the file round up. I think we actually have more done for next volume than the current one, so I'll have to check up on where we stand with that.

Crossing my fingers it works out this time. Last time we started up was definitely bad timing with the pandemic which affected the team. I don't know how activity will go in terms of releases and right now we have no set schedule, so it's going to have be played by ear for now. 🤞🤞🤞

Dropping by to say thank you to the entire team. It's maddening (hah) to think of the time and effort this must take.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Franp3 said:

Dropping by to say thank you to the entire team. It's maddening (hah) to think of the time and effort this must take.

It sure as hell is lol. It's not just the time and effort that goes into it, but also that our schedules need to be free enough, and various other things have to be taken into account. I've had computer troubles on and off for example since we started, ranging from my monitor dying to hardware itself dying. For sure though, the insane amount of double spreads do not help.

Hopefully I can get my head in this and focus on it without all the road blocks, because last time I did that some months ago, road blocks did indeed happen.

If it's any consolation, Seraph got started on volume 13 while we were working on volume 12, so once 12 is done it shouldn't be too bad for the first couple or few chapters in 13, since we have a bit of it already done. After that all we have left is 14, 15 and 16, and ffs we'll be done with this manga lol. After that I'll probably go back and make my minor edits while we hopefully can continue with FE5, and after that what we work on is up in the air as far as exactly which books we work on from there.

-

Edit: March 21:

Volume 13's translation is finished! I know it's been slow going but our translator has less free time than before. ChildofDain and I should be good to continue now that I've heard back from @LeifOfLeonsterTranslations. CoD and I have some revisions to do for the current volume, but we'll aim for that as we work on the current chapter.

Edited by Jugdral Defender