FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

Continuation of the FE4 manga will be on this thread, but please refer to the other FE4 manga thread for Holsety Scans' work for the first five volumes and first two chapters of volume six. Holsety Scans and Fala Scans are composed entirely of different people, and we therefore take no credit for the work they put into their scans/translations. All credit for their contributions goes strictly to them (I've had confusion in the past where we mistaken for also being the old team by people new to the manga).

Chapters hosted on Mega.

~

Current situation as of 1/1/2023: Background progress.

The remaining chapters might not be posted one at a time or over a period of time. Most likely, they will be put up in groups now. There are a few reasons for this, but our translator has actually finished everything through volume fifteen. We'll roll out chapters later on.

This project is still in progress! The translation has been being worked on for a while now! We've gone through our share of long delays for releases for numerous reasons over the years and we've been backed up with cleaning, but currently the translation is going smoothly and we're in volume fourteen for translation! I know it's been literal years since we started this and we've had horribly erratic activity since we stopped being able to update monthly. It's been in the works, just quietly behind the scenes for a while. I appreciate everyone's patience more than I've felt I was able to say (especially because I've been insisting the project hasn't been dropped for goddamn years and we've essentially had nothing to show for it, hence this update to assure y'all it's still in existence and not in some otherworldly, other dimensional plane of existence).

I'm currently in talks with a couple of people regarding additions to this project (avoiding specifying particulars at the moment in case we don't go through with it, but I'm hoping to expand in a sense, basically), so if there's any fruit to those I will post about those when they're confirmed!

Quality updates are as before still held off until we get some newer releases up. Basically that's when I go back and edit small sections for cleaning or typesetting to make it look better and try to keep it more up to date with our current style/progress as a team. This was our very first project, so I prefer to edit some of our older work where possible to make it look better (unfortunately we're not redoing everything, so some of the oldest stuff from us is still gonna be meh... like some of volume six). That's basically our lowest priority right now.

Thank youuuu so much for sticking around and letting the team know you've appreciated our work! 🙇‍♀️

~

Note: Chapter 66 is currently unavailable. It will be re-added soon.

• To clarify what happened, because I had not been able to get onto the Mega account that held these files for an extended period of time, the data on the account was deleted by the website. I had these chapters on my old desktop's hard drive and I'm not sure I'll be able to manually pull those off the hard drive at this time.
  • This may also mean in the future that another means of hosting these chapters will be necessary, as Mega will eventually delete the data on the account if I stop logging in for an extended period of time. Someday I may have reason to stop logging into the account, such as all our active projects being completed or the team being on break once the major projects are completed, and the account will be deemed inactive. I will try to eventually find another solution, but Mega is still fine at this time. When things change if they do, I'll let you guys know.

~

Note: If there is not an update date beside the chapter, it has not undergone thorough changes since the date it was released or since the dates listed in the bulk updates section. They may still be updated at a later time even if they don't have a date beside them yet. These updates are for a variety of things such as to fix the color levels, to fix the typesetting, page rotation, if there's been any translation change (which can range from something as small as an sfx to a major change, but any major changes will be noted in a new post), etc. This being the team's first collective major project, we've changed how we manage levels, typesetting, etc since we began. To keep the older chapters as up to date as possible, I eventually go through and edit them. We will not redo entire chapters, so some will still have a different look to them (such as chapter 38 - since it was our very first release, we weren't set on our styles yet but it would require redoing it over from scratch to really fix it now), but I will update them as best I can.

Volume 7 and onward have not received their quality updates. This will happen at a later date.

Volume six:

Spoiler

Chapter 38 (Updated 7/17/2017)

Chapter 39 (Updated 7/17/2017)

Chapter 40 (Updated 7/17/2017)

Chapter 41 (Updated 12/5/2019)

Chapter 42 (Updated 12/6/2019)

Volume seven:

Volume eight:

Volume nine:

Volume ten:

Volume eleven:

Spoiler

Chapter 63

Chapter 64

Chapter 65

Chapter 66 (Currently unavailable as explained above. Once chapter 67's edits are finished is probably when I'll get 66 back up and zip the whole volume)

Chapter 67 (Planned for edits)

Volume twelve:

Chapter 68 (Updated 10/10/2021)

Chapter 69

Chapter 70

~

JD's edits:

NOTE: Some of these changes may or may not be gone due to an incident regarding Mega (as explained above). This means it's possible the versions I have available at this time uploaded here (as I cannot currently access the files on my old desktop - I'm not sure if this will change, but I still have the hard drive in case I work something out) are not the final versions. Please inform me if chapters are missing any pages!

• Text positioning/size and minor grammar error edits were done to volume six on 12/21/15.
  • Major edits done for volumes six through nine (chapter 53) on 9/2/2016.
  • Chapters 38-40 edited (date unknown).

Major leveling and typesetting edits will be done to all volumes where needed later on.

~

Other information:

Current team members are: Jugdral Defender (scanner, cleaner, typesetter), ChildofDain (cleaner/redrawer), kitsudori (cleaner/redrawer), PatMagroyn (cleaner/redrawer), S3RAPH (cleaner/redrawer), and LeifOfLeonsterTranslations (translator).
Please note we are always accepting new cleaners!

You'll probably notice some blurry edge lines. That's because I did not (and will not) debind my books. We do our best to make it look nice without working with separated pages. Volumes one through six are also very thick volumes, so spine blurs will not be quite so defined as of volume seven and onward.

Lastly, please feel free to notify us of any errors (typos, possible missed words, etc.). We'll fix them as soon as possible after hearing about them.

Enjoy your share of FE4 pain and all the pain to come!

Edited by Jugdral Defender

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you didn't try to download Mega's downloader? There should be no issue with the file itself, get it directly (ie via browser, if you have that option).

But about the chapter... Ethlin, what the hell are you doing

I tried to download it, but my Norton antivirus gave the message that its not sure if the download was safe and recomended me to remove it.

Well, firstly, I don't exactly trust Norton. Secondly, my Google Chrome browser tells me that a lot. There's really nothing I can suggest to you though. If it's saying it's "not sure", that's not a definite "there is something bad in this". Again, I have GC do that to me all the time, and on stuff people have otherwise downloaded safely. The site used to host our chapters has file sharing, meaning things could be dangerous but are not necessarily, and that's probably why the warning is showing up. A lot of times you'll see warnings about file sharing sites... but there's also what Elder said.

But yeah, if you don't wanna download it, that's up to you. I can't really make any suggestions here.

Are you sure you didn't try to download Mega's downloader? There should be no issue with the file itself, get it directly (ie via browser, if you have that option).

But about the chapter... Ethlin, what the hell are you doing

Ethlin is... being way too nice and ignoring Trabant's friendly "you'll regret it".

Girl, you say "Even so" now, but that's not what you'll be saying in volume seven...

Ethlin is... being way too nice and ignoring Trabant's friendly "you'll regret it".

Girl, you say "Even so" now, but that's not what you'll be saying in volume seven...

You're a married girl, stop going around causing boners dammit

NO SPOILING

Well, firstly, I don't exactly trust Norton. Secondly, my Google Chrome browser tells me that a lot. There's really nothing I can suggest to you though. If it's saying it's "not sure", that's not a definite "there is something bad in this". Again, I have GC do that to me all the time, and on stuff people have otherwise downloaded safely. The site used to host our chapters has file sharing, meaning things could be dangerous but are not necessarily, and that's probably why the warning is showing up. A lot of times you'll see warnings about file sharing sites... but there's also what Elder said.

But yeah, if you don't wanna download it, that's up to you. I can't really make any suggestions here.

I just clicked on the link and clicked on the download icon below the screen. I do really want to continue reading the manga and perhaps my Virusscanner is just unnecesarily warry. I think i'll give it another try later.

Edit: Now that you mention it my history did say I tried to download magaasyncsetup or something so perhaps Elder is right.

Edited by Sasori

I just clicked on the link and clicked on the download icon below the screen. I do really want to continue reading the manga and perhaps my Virusscanner is just unnecesarily warry. I think i'll give it another try later.

Edit: Now that you mention it my history did say I tried to download magaasyncsetup or something so perhaps Elder is right.

HKKJNHH.png

You might want to leave a note about that in the OP, JD. In fact, you should expect questions about how to open rar files, too...

Edited by TravelingElder

I checked the page that leads to the download link and there are multiple downloads available; not all of which are the chapter. It's likely you just misclicked or misread. I can't guarantee what you tried to download is a problem, but it's still very possible your anti-virus is warning you because of the features of the site, as I mentioned before.

Hopefully it works regardless for you in the end. All you should end up with is the .rar zip file if you download the right thing.

You're a married girl, stop going around causing boners dammit

NO SPOILING

A married girl with two children.

Oh come on, you've played the game. It'd only be spoiling if I told you how. :)

@ Your edit: I'm actually about to go sleep since I spent like idk ten hours (not exaggerating) fixing everything up and finishing stuff and running around like a maniac with faiaaouji, so I'll put that stuff in later. As far as the rar files go, that's fine. What I meant by I didn't know what to suggest to the other user was about their anti virus, more specifically, which I don't have. As in, if they were actually getting a warning about the rar file, well... I can't do much there. If it was indeed a misclick/misread/wrong download, then case solved. Hopefully.

A married girl with two children.

Oh come on, you've played the game. It'd only be spoiling if I told you how. :)

I WANT TO BELIEVE

IT WORKED WITH FUJIMORI, IT COULD VERY WELL WORK HERE

Currently laughing because I told a good friend about this and I think I can hear his fanboying screams in the distance. So excited that he isn't even using proper sentences, and he's a great writer that is very strict about his grammar and spelling.

Okay I'm going to laugh that your SF username is legit 'Cuan Man' here. Like. It's stuck. This is you now.

Ah, but now that this is out I suppose I should work on more cleaning tomorrow! :) Hope you all enjoy the release!

Looks like I'll have to start catching up on the pages I haven't gotten around to reading yet! Only just got past Finn, Quan, and Ethlyn leaving for Leonster, though I may just start over to jog my memory xD

And with hilarious timing JD's computer monitor finally perished this morning. Fortunately us cleaners have the pages to already work on the next chapter but I guess finding our normal rhythm for this has been delayed a little longer. Oops! :)

My monitor is basically blinking miserably to the point of no return thanks to Trabant killing it for being on my screen so much. I have very minor access to this site through my 3DS, so I can keep up on new posts, but that's about it. I am typing this on my computer with my monitor going crazy. Meanwhile I'm just blasting FE4 music with my monitor off.

This has delayed my typesetting for Alvis. Trabant will be paying in blood for my new monitor . :l

Meanwhile this insane blinking is making ME go insane, so... back to my 3DS internet. OTL I will start typesetting chapter 39 once I have a new monitor. I don't know for sure how long it'll be, but it could end up being anywhere from a day to like a week or more. sO UNFORGIVABLE, tRABANT... dELAYING MY TIME WITH aLVIS...

Edit: Okay that last sentence was not supposed to come out looking like Loptous possessed me but that's what happens when you have a monitor that's not going to make it.

Definitely a good first chapter, the only downside is having to wait for the next chapters, guess I will have to be patient; curse those virtues. Really appreciative of your guys' work.

Guess I will just have to get my fill by reading the story from the beginning :p.

We'll officially be in the Battle of Barhara as of chapter 40, and for about the span of three volumes (rest of six, all of seven/eight, and half of nine). This manga really does great at making me feel bad for characters I totally don't want to feel bad for. Gonna be a long road though.

Considering my monitor died on me just after 38 was released as mentioned (finally got another), we've made no progress since then besides the half cleaned chapter Damosel did a while ago. ChildofDain has been rather busy and I don't know how her half is coming along but please don't pressure her. Again, as mentioned in the old thread, ChildofDain works a full time job, five days a week. She is busy and not always up for cleaning on the weekends. We can't always give updates, so if we're not, there's probably a reason for it. It's only been about a week since our initial release, so please be patient with us.

how's Chapter.39 translation faring as of now? : ]

If I remember right you've been warned once already to chill a bit. I'm sure youmean well, but constantly asking for updates can be very exhausting for people. Jugdral Defender has listed a lot of the reasons but if you look at her post from the 21st you'd see that we haven't been able to make good typesetting progress for an entire week because of a hardware failure.

Updates will happen when they happen. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by ChildofDain

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 39 is up!

I listed Damosel first for cleaners in the credits this time since she started working on the first half, so when you see names flipflopping in the credits page, such reasons are why.

Manfloy was a unanimous agreement over Manfroy, so we went with Manfloy. Sometimes we do all agree on using the popular fan translation names (specifically the understandable spellings from the viewpoint of a translator/someone familiar with Japanese) from the patch, but most of the time you'll probably be seeing the actual romaji spellings (such as Adean over Aideen, despite us in the team mostly (and most of us) seeming preferable to Aideen). Levin, like Manfloy, is a popular translation choice (and a very prominent one), so we went with that... but his name is quite clearly written as Levn in volume 11, as it is on his official romaji, so I'll be leaving a note about that when we reach that point.

This chapter is mostly Alvis and farewells to Silesia. The next chapter starts the Battle of Barhara, and is basically the prelude to the first fight, which is between Brigid and Andre, as well as Sigurd meeting with Byron. The cleaning process is already started, so we've got a head start at least this time!