Game of Thrones thread! Favourite major and minor characters?

Blue Druid

I haven't seen any Game of Thrones threads around the site, so here's one! I mean, Game of Thrones is pretty much Fire Emblem, but with tits and lots of death!

What's your favourite major and minor character(s)? For me it's poor old Ned and Tyrion for major and Syrio Forel for favourite minor character.

Anyway, since we're on topic, here's a nice little gif:

joffrey_zpsatqqp9os.gif

Edited by Blue Druid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some nice characters, but Baelish... He's a bit of a dick. He's the one who betrayed Ned Stark leading to his execution :sob:. Other than that, I like him.

Any minor characters that left an impression?

Edited by Blue Druid

You know what George does with characters we love. With that said my top favorite characters are dead. So I'll refrain from saying my other favorite characters just in case.

You know what George does with characters we love. With that said my top favorite characters are dead. So I'll refrain from saying my other favorite characters just in case.

Yeah, George is like a Santa Claus of death. But if you were going to say Jon Snow, we're not sure if he dead yet!

Perhaps I should make a "favourite dead characters section", in which case mine are Ned and Jeor Mormont.

Edited by Blue Druid

I can't have any favorites since they all die for some reason.Though since I think she is mostly safe, Arya is my favorite.

My favorite main characters are basically everyone's, Arya and Tyrion.

Onion Knight is probably my favorite minor character. I do like Jaqen a lot too though.Its a Song of Fire and Ice not GoT though

Be carefull. George might use his writer senses to find out want you wrote.

Also it's A Song of Ice and Fire.

My favorite main characters are basically everyone's, Arya and Tyrion.

Onion Knight is probably my favorite minor character. I do like Jaqen a lot too though.

Its a Song of Fire and Ice not GoT though

I love the Onion Knight too. He deserves a lot better than just serving Stannis IMO.

A Song of Ice and Fire? What's that? Just kidding XD, though I only watched the show.

Be carefull. George might use his writer senses to find out want you wrote.

Also it's A Song of Ice and Fire.

Yes, I've heard that he thrives only on his fan's tears.

Let's discuss!

Do you think Stannis is dead?

Stannis was confirmed dead in an interview. Theon and Sansa are confirmed not dead. Jon Snow is confirmed dead, but has a good chance to come back through magical trickery.

Stannis was confirmed dead in an interview. Theon and Sansa are confirmed not dead. Jon Snow is confirmed dead, but has a good chance to come back through magical trickery.

Oh.I did not see said interview.Thanks though.I thought they were gonna pull a 'Was not killed on screen so is alive' stuff.

I wouldn't say Game of Thrones and FE are THAT related. Combat doesn't really involve anything out of some nice swordfights in GoT, however, the morality in GoT is much less black and white than in Awakening.

Anyway for me, Mr. Morals himself, Eddard Stark is my favorite character, Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister are close behind. Special mention goes to Jorah Mormont however.

Ooooo a thread! Ahem ahum...

FGzZccq.gif

Let's discuss!

Do you think Stannis is dead?

HAhahahaha

[spoiler=I do not believe that shit for all the tea in china]

Because to kill that character off in such a way is possibly the greatest insult to not just Stannis, but Stephen Dillane's magnificent performance. I will not believe hes dead until we see Brienne holding his head up and saying "Thus is justice!" Cuz honestly, the fakeout shot there is just...do you really think she had it in her to take his head after seeing him literally give up? If hes really dead, they just assassinated two characters with one stone.

Guys, they said Jon Snow was deader than dead. But we all know the story literally cannot function without him from this point onward. So...i feel like theres a lot of trolling in GoT related media.

GRRM killing off characters business is overstated. The show has actually murdered more characters than the books have.

[spoiler=im still salty about]

Barristan Selmy

My favorites are:

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Davos Seaworth

Sansa Stark

Daenerys Targaryen

(that last spot was dominated by Mormont's Raven. Hes still in the Top 10 though)

I wouldn't say Game of Thrones and FE are THAT related.

I dunno, mate. You could make a GoT hack of an FE game and it work pretty goddamn well with enough bullshit.

Nice to see more people are posting in this thread!

I wouldn't say Game of Thrones and FE are THAT related. Combat doesn't really involve anything out of some nice swordfights in GoT, however, the morality in GoT is much less black and white than in Awakening.

Anyway for me, Mr. Morals himself, Eddard Stark is my favorite character, Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister are close behind. Special mention goes to Jorah Mormont however.

Well, is was sort of meant as a joke, and I didn't say anything about Awakening. There's incest in FE4 though, so that's close enough I guess.

[spoiler=I do not believe that shit for all the tea in china]

Because to kill that character off in such a way is possibly the greatest insult to not just Stannis, but Stephen Dillane's magnificent performance. I will not believe hes dead until we see Brienne holding his head up and saying "Thus is justice!" Cuz honestly, the fakeout shot there is just...do you really think she had it in her to take his head after seeing him literally give up? If hes really dead, they just assassinated two characters with one stone.

Guys, they said Jon Snow was deader than dead. But we all know the story literally cannot function without him from this point onward. So...i feel like theres a lot of trolling in GoT related media.

I've also heard that argument, that you can't be sure that someone in Game of Thrones is dead unless you see their severed head or corpse, so we have to wait to see if Stannis is dead. Also, I do not believe for a moment that Jon Snow is dead. They still haven't revealed if the R+L=J theory is correct.

Edited by Blue Druid

Also, I say Melisandra will still need Jon Snow for his blood since Stannis may be dead.Also Jon Snow carries a lot of the plot up north.

Edited by Azz01

I haven't seen any Game of Thrones threads around the site, so here's one! I mean, Game of Thrones is pretty much Fire Emblem, but with tits and lots of death!

What's your favourite major and minor character(s)? For me it's poor old Ned and Tyrion for major and Syrio Forel for favourite minor character.

Anyway, since we're on topic, here's a nice little gif:

joffrey_zpsatqqp9os.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA

Well, is was sort of meant as a joke, and I didn't say anything about Awakening. There's incest in FE4 though, so that's close enough I guess.

I said Awakening out of habit, I meant FE as a series in general. My bad. The Morality in Fire Emblem is incredibly black and white, compared to GoT which is very contextual and situational.

Edited by Deviddo

I said Awakening out of habit, I meant FE as a series in general. My bad. The Morality in Fire Emblem is incredibly black and white, compared to GoT which is very contextual and situational.

I don't get what you mean though mean by black and white though :sweatdrop:.

I don't get what you mean though mean by black and white though :sweatdrop:.

I'm sorry, I'm being incredibly vague today. GoT is all about families, some more cruel than others of course, competing for the title of ruler. All the houses have their faults and whatnot but as of the most current season there is no clear hero and villain setup. Every Fire Emblem game typically has a very clear hero and villain setup. Which isn't bad. That doesn't make for a bad story or anything, as long as such a setup is written well you can be as obvious as you please with villain and hero characters.

Edited by Deviddo