MU modifier

Eriotto

Hello, i wondered what modifers give to MU, i think i won't use magic as him so acording to this : http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/maximum-stats/Flaw should be a magic, then what would be the best to add for him? -1 speed can effect no x2 attack when dealing another MU in pvp with/out flaw on speed? I want to know your opinion so this may be easier for me to decide what bonus will be great for it. : p

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+HP/-Luck is good as overall you have only -1 Luck and you also get +2 to Defense and Resistance

I wouldn't recommend -Luck, period. Not when your luck growth isn't exactly stellar to begin with...

+HP/-Luck is good as overall you have only -1 Luck and you also get +2 to Defense and Resistance

thinking this way i can go also - mag + resistance which gives me -1 magic 1 speed and 3 res which would be better when i don't wanna do magic MU after all.

I wouldn't recommend -Luck, period. Not when your luck growth isn't exactly stellar to begin with...

you don't even need that much Luc in the first place though.

say Ryouma Raijin vs Kamui Dark Blood 20/20 averages

28 Skl -> 12 Crit, +10 Trueblade, -10 Yato, +5 Raijin = 17. so you only need 17 Luc on average to completely negate Ryouma's Crit

+Spd/-Luc Dark Blood Kamui on average will have 17.25 Luc

so for general gameplay purposes, you don't need that much extra Luc. and you would simply use someone else to engage units wielding Killer weapons

also, Kamui's base Luc before Flaws is 50 Base, 60 with Nohr Princess, which is way above average (~46 is the average total Luc Growth of all Units). /-Luc makes Kamui 40, which is below average, yes, but not horrid

Edited by GoXDS

really? I use this all the time and my character and my kids are excellent.

Count that i wanted more for MU than kids, marrying Zero as Male MU won't give me any. : p

oh I see...then I guess +hp/-luck, +str/-luck and +skill/-luck is excellent for physical Kamuis luck as an asset is the best to do.

To be honest i thought about doing magic kamui but change to a magic one class would take a while so this would be a waste. : P although i want to know your opinions about it what is best for you and maybe something will be great for me as well. Thanks for the ideas how can i do it, it's always worse to choose thos assets : s

oh I see...then I guess +hp/-luck, +str/-luck and +skill/-luck is excellent for physical Kamuis luck as an asset is the best to do.

I personally advise against +Skl. what's a few Skl going to do for you? +4 compared to base is 6 extra Hit. that's hardly worth mentioning (especially if you have over 100 Hitrate already against the enemy). +Spd is already +2 Skl anyways, so effectively +2 Skl only so only +3 Hit. 2% or 4% activation rate doesn't amount to much either

average stats, +Skl Dark Blood reaches 32 Skl. +Spd reaches 26.95. only 5 difference, 7.5 Hit. meh still

comparetively, +Spd brings Dark Blood to 35(+4 Yato), so doubles 34 and under, which is huge. +Skl is only 31(+4), which doesn't even double the average speed of all units (before mods. average is ~31 Spd)

Edited by GoXDS

Hmm, tough decisions. : s
I still don't know what exacly i want to be honest, anyway everything but magic sounds fine anyway.
So as i thought speed would be most effective cause of double, i think this 3 more damage won't do much when double will deal much more with a little of luck, both will hit.
Soo -Mag + Speed is good enough looking at it that way? -3 mag 2 skl 3 spd 2 lck -1 res.

Edited by eriotto

28 Skl -> 12 Crit, +10 Trueblade, -10 Yato, +5 Raijin = 17. so you only need 17 Luc on average to completely negate Ryouma's Crit

so for general gameplay purposes, you don't need that much extra Luc. and you would simply use someone else to engage units wielding Killer weapons

also, Kamui's base Luc before Flaws is 50 Base, 60 with Nohr Princess, which is way above average (~46 is the average total Luc Growth of all Units). /-Luc makes Kamui 40, which is below average, yes, but not horrid

It's not so much about the growth as it is the base, which I forgot to mention. Either way, you're preaching to the wrong choir - I find few things more infuriating than having an hour's worth of play time (and maybe even more) go down the crapper because someone got killed by a critical hit.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

It's not so much about the growth as it is the base, which I forgot to mention. Either way, you're preaching to the wrong choir - I find few things more infuriating than having an hour's worth of play time (and maybe even more) go down the crapper because someone got critical hitted and killed.

/-Luc base: 3 Luc vs /-Mag 5 Luc

only 2 pts difference. I'm of the opinion that Kamui doesn't have as much of an issue as you might think but I guess I'll leave it at that

If you're not going to use Magic, I'd advise +Spd/-Mag or +Str/-Mag.

Double attacking is more valuable than extra damage, even in double duels. Though it would depend on who you're facing and their speed stats obviously if you even manage to double them or not.

In the case that they're fast, the extra Str would do you good for a few more damage, which is still better than standard. If you add Str to an effective weapon, you'll have an even better time.

I know what I'm saying is obvious, but really you just have to decide. It's a risk no matter what you pick for online battles, since the teams can vary so much in FE:F.

/-Luc base: 3 Luc vs /-Mag 5 Luc

only 2 pts difference. I'm of the opinion that Kamui doesn't have as much of an issue as you might think but I guess I'll leave it at that

It was 2 points difference in Awakening, too. And I'm not exactly sure that a luck flaw would be much wiser a move here than it was there...

i don't have the game yet, but I think +SPD should work well alongside -MAG for a physical unit. That's what I used on awakening whenever I wanted a magic flaw

Why -Mag?!

You'll want the better Mag for those

5MKsFB.jpg

Chinese Masked Berserker foes that have good defense that a simple Thunder Sword/Bolt Axe can do away with them.

other options are +Spd/-Luc if you're fine with -1 in Str/Mag

otherwise +Spd/-Def to not get any penalties to Str or Spd

This would be a great proc for a Ninja/Samurai MU.

Not that anyone wields them on Normal Mode which even on that will get you some advil fast for it's ridiculous difficulty.

It's not so much about the growth as it is the base, which I forgot to mention. Either way, you're preaching to the wrong choir - I find few things more infuriating than having an hour's worth of play time (and maybe even more) go down the crapper because someone got killed by a critical hit.

That's why I'd black out all the battles whenever I redo a chapter.

----

Also, any proc that you choose - over gives your MU a lousier cap than his/her other stats.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Why -Mag?!

You'll want the better Mag for those

5MKsFB.jpg

Chinese Masked Berserker foes that have good defense that a simple Thunder Sword/Bolt Axe can do away with them.

This would be a great proc for a Ninja/Samurai MU.

Not that anyone wields them on Normal Mode which even on that will get you some advil fast for it's ridiculous difficulty.

That's why I'd black out all the battles whenever I redo a chapter.

----

Also, any proc that you choose - over gives your MU a lousier cap than his/her other stats.

I mainly doesn't want to make Magic Kamui cause i'll be using 2 others magic characters which will be effective on those, I don't feel like doing magic kamui with out fast promote is a good idea to do.

To be honest i thought about doing magic kamui but change to a magic one class would take a while so this would be a waste. : P although i want to know your opinions about it what is best for you and maybe something will be great for me as well. Thanks for the ideas how can i do it, it's always worse to choose thos assets : s

If your problem with magic is that you'd have to wait too long to get into a magic class, you don't have to worry about that. Just make your secondary Spellcaster (if you are playing Nohr) or Dark Mage (for Hoshido) and you can reclass immediately after Chapter 7. Moreover, during Chapter 6 and 7 you can use your dragonstone for reasonable damage output.

It isn't ideal, but it is workable, and I used it in my Nohr/Hard playthrough. It is a bad idea for Lunatic, mind.

Honestly, the +SPD/-LUCK is the best modifier combo, in my opinion. Your growth rates are still very decent. Luck is not horribly shafted, and you get a huge speed growth to top it off. Speed, being the most important attribute in the game, will make Kamui even more useful in combat. Besides, the -1 Strength and magic are compensated with the Yatogami upgrade bonus of +4 to both stats. I would not go for the +SPD/-DEF because Kamui's base Defense growth drops to 25, I believe, which is pretty terrible.

And you can also use magic weapons… this includes Dragonstones, as already noted, but it also allows for Levin Swords, Explosive Shrukiens, etc.

Levin swords (Swords, obviously, available on Nohr/Hoshido) would be able to exploit your pre-existing sword rank and even would be able to share Swordfaire's benefits with Yato.

Dark Mage also allows for this possibility (in addition to its own tomes) thanks to its Dark Knight promotion, which grants B-rank swords (Levin Swords only need C rank). And it also has tomes (D-rank Horse God, etc.)

Dark Blood can do the same.

You probably won't max out your weapon ranks in tomes if you start once promoted, but you might be able to get some of the more useful lower rank ones (Horse God, etc.)

Luck only provides half the crit evasion in Fates.

So 17 Luck would only give you 8.5(8 when rounded down) Ddg. In fact, you'd need 34 Luck to completely avoid getting crit by Ryoma in a 1-on-1 fight under these conditions without any other bonuses.