What if: other awakening kids

Jayvee94

I observed that the 3 are not only selected based on popularity polls, they all have new names related to their previous ones and each has a Nohrian and a Hoshidan class in their class sets.

What if different children won the popularity contest?

Please give them a Nohrian class set and a Hoshidan class set.

Edited by Jayvee94

Noire may be given a Black related name and will either have Outlaw/Spellcaster or Bowman/Dark Mage as class sets

Cynthia may be given a famous Hero name with slight variation and will either get Wyvern Rider/Priestess or Pegasus Warrior/Knight as class sets

Gerome would be Bruce Wayne. Nohrian class: wyvern ridder, obviously and Hoshidan class: oni savage? Not sure on this one.

Edited by Yari

I'm honestly not sure if Cynthia could keep her lips sealed and not end up turning to bubbles.

And I doubt that Nah or Yarne would appear due to no Taguels or Manakete being around. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets really convoluted to explain it. I would like to see Foxes and Werewolves trying to eat Yarne.

Edited by JupiterKnight

I'm honestly not sure if Cynthia could keep her lips sealed and not end up turning to bubbles.

And I doubt that Nah or Yarne would appear due to no Taguels or Manakete being around. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets really convoluted to explain it. I would like to see Foxes and Werewolves trying to eat Yarne.

Considering Hydra can change people's appearances (which he did for no other reason than to mess with people's pairings in Awakening. How thoughtful of him) and give people new powers, that wouldn't be much of an issue. Even if they kept the Manakete or Taguel classes, their supports would simply say that "they're from a faraway land" just like they do in Inigo, Owain and Severa's supports. It's not really that complicated.

Sigh...I'll always be a bit miffed over Severa and Inigo winning the popularity polls. I never liked them, and would've much rather seen Nah, Cynthia or Noire. At least this kind of ridiculous mission fits Owain perfectly.

Noire may be given a Black related name and will either have Outlaw/Spellcaster or Bowman/Dark Mage as class sets

Cynthia may be given a famous Hero name with slight variation and will either get Wyvern Rider/Priestess or Pegasus Warrior/Knight as class sets

Noire could be given the name Sombre. It means dark as in dark place in French.

Cynthia could go by Joan. It's the name of a well known female in history that is even considered an Hero.

Not sure what their names could change into but Brady would definitely have Rod Knight (because Butler Brady) and Priest as a reclass option.

Kjelle would have Knight (obviously) and maybe Samurai.

Aren't the two classes for Brady too similar? What class options does his mother have?

Aren't the two classes for Brady too similar? What class options does his mother have?

IIRC, Maribelle's classes are Troubadour, Pegasus Knight, and Mage. So maybe give Brady Rod Knight and Spellcaster (there's already an abundance of Pegasus Warriors)

Nah and Yarne could have their appearances altered and receiving one of the classes from their class set.

I already said that earlier, but I must ask why people think it's even necessary. The Awakening kids have a very limited presence in the main story, and all of their oddities are explained with "I come from far away" anyway, so what would the point be in changing Nah and Yarne's abilities and appearances?

Goddammit now I want a Velour/Nah support.

Edited by Thane

Brady could be Cainnech. It's a gaelic name with a meaning I could only describe as the opposite of Brady. Nohrian class: cavalier (he gets it as a base class) and Hoshidan class: priest.

Kjelle could be Andromeda the meaning of the name matches her. Nohrian class: knight and Hoshidan class: lance fighter.

Laurent could have the name Aldwin that means wise friend. Nohrian class: dark mage and Hoshidan class: oni savage (he has barbarian as base class in Awakening)

Gerome is in my first reply.

Cynthia is Joan like I already said. Nohrian class: knight and Hoshidan class: pegasus warrior.

Noire is Sombre like I said above. Nohrian class: dark mage and Hoshidan class: bowman.

Nah could use the name Kaida that means little dragon. Assuming she keeps manakete anyway Nohrian class: wyvern ridder and Hoshidan class: spellcaster.

Yarne maybe Nylon? I don't know. Assuming he keeps tanguel anyway Nohrian class: fighter(he has barbarian as base class in Awakening) and Hoshidan class: ninja (he has thief as base class in Awakening).

Edited by Yari

Nah and Yarne could have their appearances altered and receiving one of the classes from their class set.

but what about their dragon/beast weaknesses? Even if they class change in Awakening they keep that weakness. (Not sure about Taguel). So they keep those weaknesses making them a bit worse than others.

Nah could easily be another Nohr princess, sure the class is Kamui's personal one, but since Marriage Seals exist and give anyone access to it anyway, this isn't really a concern. Unless my understanding of how Marriage Seals work is completely off, and Nohr prince/cess is character locked to Mui and I would guess Kanna Yeah would be an awesome alternate name tho. Alternate class would be Wyvern Rider because all Manaketes in Awakening have access to that for some strange reason.

Yarne could be a Werewolf, especially if their appearances were changed magically. This way he would keep his standard weapon and unit weaknesses, but fit into Fates world. Reclass would be Mercenary, because that just fits IMO. His new name would be Barne.

While I'm fine with reoccurring characters, I have to admit that I definitely would of preferred these two over Inigo and Owain. I don't hate them, but I am quite indifferent to them, and I often forgot they existed in Awakening.

Edited by MCProductions

Yarne, Chambray (Japanese Yarne), Nylon, Velvet (Japanese Panne), Flannel, Velour, Kinu must... name ...all... transformers (beast) after fabric.

Nah could easily be another Nohr princess, sure the class is Kamui's personal one, but since Marriage Seals exist and give anyone access to it anyway, this isn't really a concern. Unless my understanding of how Marriage Seals work is completely off, and Nohr prince/cess is character locked to Mui and I would guess Kanna Yeah would be an awesome alternate name tho. Alternate class would be Wyvern Rider because all Manaketes in Awakening have access to that for some strange reason.

Then you've got the problem of Nah not being Nohrian or a princess. There's also the problem that the Nohr Princess's dragon form is entirely different from Nah's in just about every way. I think it'd make more sense just to make a new Manakete class just for her and her children.

...Also, I'm pretty sure that Nohr Prince/Princess can't be shared with the Marriage Seal. It can only be passed down to children.

Marriage Seals can't spread the Dark Prince class, or any other special class like Garou, Singer, Youko or Villager. Kids can inherit all of those though (with the exception of Singer) so any second-generation unit can be one.

InB4 Yarne shows up as a Garou named String, wearing a black coat and a fake horn taped to his head, pretending to eat meat.

In their support, Flannel discovers Yarnes carrots and Yarne panics but Flannel learns to accept him and they become bffs

Edited by gayserbeam

Cynthia's would prolly be something heroic, but I'm blanking out on names. She'd be a Pegasus Warrior still, and maybe a Wyvern Rider on Nohr? I don't know my shit so I probably have it all wrong.

Noire could be Artemis or Leila (my pen name. Ha) because Artemis is the Goddess of the Hunt and Leila means night/dark.

Okay I'm gonna stop before I make myself look more stupid

From the other topic

The next four popular kids wind up in Hoshido somehow.

Gerome - "Romeo", a member of Crimson's resistance. Wyvern Rider. Secondary class - Lance Fighter. Daughter will be a Rod Knight.

Modifiers: Str +3, Mag +0, Skl -1, Spd -1, Luck -3, Def +1, Res -2

Noire - "Hotaru", An herb merchant from the Wind Tribe. Herb Merchant. Secondary class - Outlaw.

Modifiers: Str -1, Mag +1, Skl +2, Spd +1, Luck -2, Def +0, Res +0

Brady - "Raiden" A priest from the Wind Tribe. Priest. Secondary class - Rod Knight. Daughter will be a Fighter.

Modifiers: Str +1, Mag +1, Skl +0, Spd +1, Luck +2, Def -3, Res +0

Cynthia - Can't think of a name for her. Yuugiri's second in command. Pegasus Knight. Secondary class - Knight.

Modifiers: Str -2, Mag -1, Skl -1, Spd +3, Luck +0, Def +1, Res +2

Nah:

Maybe, she could take on a role simular to Lillith. She could be Elise's retrainer/teacher but appear (as playable unit) later in the game. Starting Class could still be Manakete (or something simular (name) ). She could have Wyvern Rider and the other a tome holding class, spellcaster or sage.

Yarne:

He could be part of one of the tribes or he'd live with either the youko or the garou, meaning keeping his class too. The other classes could be Rod Knight (as he is too shy to fight) and Priest.

Gerome:

The idea above, he being part of crimsons resistance, is good. Others dunno.

Cynthia:

Soldir of Hoshido, maybe.

She could already started leaving Touma (Touma Story DLC) before it was revalved that Kamui is in Nohr~)

She could work under Hinoka as Pegasus Warrior, keeping her awakening sets.

Brady:

Priest of Hoshido (or a servant of Sakura~). Keeping his classes.

Kjelle:

Warrior of Nohr. Keeping her classes.

Noire:

Dunno

Morgan

Either someone who works under Leo or a mysterious person who seems to know pretty much (Aqua-like, only not working with them until a point of the story) (maybe the gender is the same as the avatar)

My Headcanons from Earliest Awakening Mother and on:

• Kjelle: No real brainer, [Knight, Samurai]. She'd probably confide Silas she knows how to ride, but fighting on a horse feels uncomfortable to her for personal reasons. In case Samurai overlaps with another Awakening Children's Set (like Owain's), Lance Fighter would make a nice alternative.
  • Laurent: Could still see him as heavily Tome-oriented with [Dark Mage, Spellcaster], even though prankster side would see him having Oni Savage or Priest as alternatives for the latter. He would probably father Miriel 2.0 because Miriel's genes are that dominant.
  • Cynthia: Would actually beg the question of what Faction she'd fight for. [Pegasus Warrior, Knight] if she fights for Hoshido or goes vigilante, the other way around if she fights for Nohr. Ovelap Alternatives for her would also depend of what's her Main Class is: Cavalier or Mercenary if Pegasus, Lance Fighter or Priestess if Knight.
  • Brady: Has a big chance for departure from his Awakening self because I can not see NOT becoming a Rod Knight in the Transition to Fates. [Rod Knight, Spellcaster] is the closest candidate, but I could see him getting either Priest, Pegasus Warrior, Oni Savage or Ninja as alternatives. Maribelle would be proud of whoever he fathers.
  • Yarne: I could see him taking a more human-looking disguise, even though Flannel or Nishiki could totally see through it. [Outlaw, Oni Savage] would be a good translation of his Awakening set because Outlaws being Bow-wielders means he would start not engaging the enemy directly. Ninja or Herb Merchant would be nice Alternatives, but I'd see him getting priority being the Oni. His Child would look lacking of beastly features, but the Taguel traits would be more evident with said child's supports.
  • Nah: Similar case to Yarne, with the added caveat of feeling really awkward when she's close to Kamui or Dragon Vein Users. Likewise, I think translating her Awakening set to [Wyvern Rider, Spellcaster] makes sense for her now that Revenant Knight is a thing. Lance Fighter is certainly an Alternative for her. Also, I really headcanon her as Velour's mother.
  • Noire: The big question for her would be whether she joins as a Bow-wielder or a Tome-user. If it's the former, she'd be a [Outlaw, Spellcaster] with the option of being Nyx's Buddy. If it's the latter, she'd probably replace Nyx as a [Dark Mage, Bowman] or a [Dark Mage, Herb Merchant]. Regarless of that, marrying Tsukuyomi would definitely lead to Luna/Matoi-grade shenanigans.
  • Gerome: It's really hard to see him separate from Minerva, so he would always start as a Wyvern Rider regardless of which faction he fights for. The question with him lies on whether he'd a [Wyvern Rider, Priest] or a [Wyvern Rider, Oni Savage]. He'd probably replace Arthur as Lutz's Father and have the latter be the Optimistic Robin to his Gloomy Batman self.
Edited by AstraSage

Assuming they would turn out like Luna, Lazward, and Odin, I thought of them starting in a Nohrian class, with a Hoshidan reclass option that nods back to their Awakening reclass options (unless your name is Inigo, in which case you cannot become a dancer lol).

Dark Mage of Nohr, with a reclass option of Bowman. That way, she gets Tharja's base class, and a nod to her Awakening class as an archer.

Gerome could be a Wyvern Rider, with a reclass of Priest.

I'd say Rod Knight with a Pegasus Warrior secondary for Brady, but I'm not sure about that...

Cynthia could be a Knight with a Pegasus Warrior secondary.

Laurent could be a Fighter with Spellcaster secondary.

Idk about names though.