Your first reaction when starting out your first Lunatic playthrough?

• 2 weeks later...

Anger. Other Fire Emblems had a level of difficulty that was "fun." This wasnt' fun at all. This wa.s.. this was... rng cheating...

tumblr_nc0vomJS6H1r27qtao1_500.gif

Prologue: expected/11

Chapter 1: thx virion

Chapter 2: kek first try

Chapter 3: kinda boring tbh

Chapter 4: no comment

Chapter 5: oh god I underestimated you nvm

Was grinding supports on the main so I haven't done much since.

I tried to go full-out Frederick Emblem until I got DLC access to get MU up and running. After that stopped working, I just restarted the run, and I'm on Endgame right now, with minimal grinding. It was weird to not be using half of my army, though.

"Oh, man, Chrom's gonna get doubled by that Myrmidon." Context being that my first run was Lunatic and I hadn't realized the threshold had been changed from 4 to 5 yet. Then I thought Chrom and Fred were going to be my only units really worth using for a while. I was wrong. While Chrom struggled to safely get a kill or two without retreating to heal for a couple turns, the early Thunder and Veteran very quickly proved themselves to me. This also meant I ended up thinking all the other Shepherds were pretty useless, especially since I was pretty aware that I'd likely have to low man the game, if only to compensate for my inexperience (I wasn't informed beforehand, but made an educated guess based on Radiant Dawn hard mode).

Side note first reaction to reclassing: I went for Dark Flier based almost entirely on an in-joke with some friends (the rest being my bias toward pegasi), which was probably a really dumb idea for a blind Lunatic run, but as luck would have it, the class turned out to be pretty awesome. I guess the game telling me that it was giving me flying tomes right before I confirmed the class change was pretty reassuring too. >.> <.<

"Huh, few more enmies what's the worse that could-"

*Frederick gets killed by a 5% crit*

"Oh Naga what have I signed up for...."

This. Except in my case, it wasn't even Lunatic, but Hard Mode Chapter 2.

I reset a bunch on Prologue trying to figure out exactly how the water trick was supposed to work, beat Chapters 1 through 4 on my first try (which wasn't hard because my avatar turned out fantastic and I was basically soloing them), and got stuck on Chapter 5 for forever before getting past it. It was all smooth sailing from there on, although I got bored later on and never finished the playthrough.

Edited by Refa

Lunatic went somehow smoothly. It was a bit hard in the first chapters but when I got Chrom Married, Lucina with Galeforce and my main couples ready with their support bonuses I was okay. Lunatic +, on the other hand...

"Everyone's doing this, I have to give it a try. Heck, I completed hard modes in other Fire Emblems"

"Wait, what's that? Luna +? Vantage+?"

"AH- THANKS REY, I SURVIVED WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS!"

*while doing the water trick THE mage keeps critting*

"I regret this so much...."

Chapter 2 was RNGhell incarnated... But somehow now I'm addicted to lun+ and I can't wait to play fates (I'm still completely spoilerless, all I know is that the blue haired chick is a dancer who looks like ninian) because I want new challenges

"Imma big fat nancy boy and im gonna do it on CASUAL cuz fuck dat noise! Hooo hooo hoo"

Prologue: "Hmmmm poor Lissa. Oh well, CASUAL MODE!"

Chapter 1: "Hey MU, you get glued to Frederick. Chrom, get out of the way! I said get out of the way!!!"

Chapter 2: "I think i need to think of ways to lowman....Thanks for the kamikaze move there, Miriel."

Chapter 3: tumblr_npj882lw521sm4glco2_500.gif

But that one on the upper left has a Hammer

Chapter 4: tumblr_nkwylx0UpK1r8wrwro1_250.gif

Otherworldly Gate Opened Up:

"HEY GAME, GUESS WHAT!!! GUESS WHAT?!!!"
tumblr_inline_nnp4ueWoiP1rphoag_500.gif

• 3 months later...