Fire Emblem Thing of Things (Alpha Fan-Made Hack)

Xenoks

Hello fellow Fire Emblem fans, I'm Xenoks, and I'm obviously making a Fire Emblem hack.
I'm currently only making sprites and maps so here's a showcase of some bad sprites and bad maps.
Hope you enjoy your stay.
[spoiler=Bad Splices]
DaCrew_zps5rsokm3k.png

[spoiler=Bad maps]
lhzGi4F.png

[spoiler=Family Tree, for those who care]
FnR_zpsuh80wu5c.png

Edited by Xenoks

• 2 weeks later...
Looks interesting so far. I have my a bit of a project too but if you want help with writting the story, supports and stuff like that I would gladly help you. I'm still an newbie when it comes to hacking but I love writting. So as I said if want help with that just ask.

Looks interesting so far. I have my a bit of a project too but if you want help with writting the story, supports and stuff like that I would gladly help you. I'm still an newbie when it comes to hacking but I love writting. So as I said if want help with that just ask.

Any help is always appreciated, since I have the story ideas all written out but I'm not good enough to keep the player feel emotions and keep engaged. I have a hard time thinking of good text to use in death quotes/cutscenes anyways

Death quotes have a lot to do with the character that says it and their personality and what they fight for/believe in. The hardest part is not making them seen cheesy or overused. Cutscenes text come down to the characters and situation. They can be a pain to write but if you know what you want it gets easier.

Death quotes seem pretty random a lot of the time. Unless tana has a pretty big morbid streak she hid from everyone.

They're not gonna be like that in this hack.

I'm thinking of making a lot of characters appear in cutscenes, so they only retreat, and get more character development along the way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Upadte:
Fixed every problem on my sprites and added a few new ones, also removed some sprites and removed all my maps.
The sprites:
Q53nVNC.png
The maps:
lhzGi4F.png
I've also been working on some animations so yeah that'll be a great thing when I'm finished....

I'll toss you some ideas because I can see you need a little help.

I'll list down what I had planed for my game but gave up my mind. Well reasons.

1. First chapter using big map.

Don't look at me as if I am crazy or anything.

After playing FE4 I understood what it was lacking and know how to make big maps juicy.

Leme see a big map and then I'll show how to make it juicy.

e85e47420f1ec4a5e336ee2c0f8ddda8.png

I am always having fun while playing this chapter.

You could make something like this.

Group of rebels are trying to capture a fort to get their supplies.

Also to rescue their leader.

2.For the plot.

You haven't said anything related to it so I figured out that you would find any use of what I'll tell you now.

It's not much but a good edits for ch.1

Leader of rebels is captured and locked in nearby fortress prison. His friends are determinate to free their true leader so they all are attacking the fort.

During the attack leader of fort received order to execute rebel leader and soldier is sent to kill him.

This will make player to rush in the castle.

what happens then is up to you but don't make it too hard.

3.Character idea for the leader.

Class can be something special as I imagine the leader is self taught in fighting as I always imagine the leader or rebels to be like.

So the class should be custom. Name of class.... hmm let's go with Squire => Slayer

Class animation?

FemaleMercAndSM_zps9e760f34.png

What about this Swordmaster? He looks really cool as he is now.

But about animation we can go later. For now this dude can work as placeholder.

If you're interested to use these ideas then let me know and I'll work on the map for you.

I hope that this will be something that will give the energy to move on.

If you have any questions ask me.

Edited by Lord Wolfram

you're going fexp solely because you can do the generation switch thing?

Nope, the FEXP thing was just a mistake I made.

I tried making the first three chapters and for some reason I couldn't make cutscenes.

Plus I have another way to make the generation idea work, which would actually be easier than using FEXP or FEXNA.

uuumm

why are you planning on switching base games haha

Well, I can understand why someone would want to use FE8 as a base, I mean, world map, branched promotions, unlikable characters AND monsters. Then again there's also this

https://gyazo.com/5cc7d70abe0f68c25811a065063aa4cf

This, which apparently means "IDFK what the hell that is"

https://gyazo.com/e1ab82d1207a6f3967b15445cf15f606

and harder eventing. I mean, who wouldn't want to Hack FE8 Aside from Alfred, but then again, after reading this, I see him as fucking god

Anyways, best of luck in the hack. Just make sure you don't have the same probelm I had when I practically finished HOA ;-;. Remeber to use a flash drive or whatever the fuck you call them to save copies of it before you log off

What?

fe8 had amazing characters...

what?

In my opinion, the only likable characters in FE8, aside from Lyon, were the super trainees. IDK why, but no one else really stuck out for me.