• (Bandit or Pirate)/Berserker
    • Shaman/Druid
    • Archer/Sniper
    • Anything not listed here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a big Berserker fan. Sure the only truly good Berserker was Gonzales (he didn't murder your funds rank, like Dart), but Dart is also excellent for those who care nothing about ranks (such as me). Some folks would probably count Ross, too. Still, I love running around with critical hit machines that would of already done massive damage without one. It also helps that Gonzales and Dart are fast as well. Second place goes to Generals. Sure, there aren't many good ones out there, but nothing can efficiently scratch an Oswin or a Gatrie. Shame you have folks like Meg and Wendy around to make fun of the class.

I've been looking at this thread for weeks, but I still haven't voted or replied. It's difficult for me to single out a single class as my favorite, because each and every class plays an important role in my teams.

After thinking about it, I'd have to say berserkers are my favorite class. They are just like swordmasters except for with axes, incredible strength, very high HP, but less skill. They critical half the time, and even if they don't their amazing strength allows them to crush most units in one turn (which often can't be said for swordmasters). Also, like swordmasters, their high speed allows them to dodge most attacks, which makes up for their fairly low defence and resistance. Another nice bonus is their ability to traverse any terrain (including water, desert and mountains) without any movement penalty.

P.S: no love for bishops and dancers/bards/herons :(.

Edited by Sir Canas

It was a tough call - while I think my favorites are Swordmasters because of their mad criticals (and just overall coolness), I voted for cavaliers/paladins/nomads. I can't survive without having my horse marching all over the field and cutting stuff down. They can move, they have good strength and they can take a couple of hits. I can't live without them.

But I also like mercanaries and heros since they're like a mix of cavaliers and swordsmasters - but eh, they can't beat out a good horse.

Swordmasters since my favorite is one of them.

Plus, dodge/critical + high skill activation is all you need in FE.

When that dosen't suffice, Wyvern Riders are good for the long range powehouse attacks, and Druids for the tough/strong mages that can heal and be on the frontlines.

After thinking about it, I'd have to say berserkers are my favorite class. They are just like swordmasters except for with axes, incredible strength, very high HP, but less skill. They critical half the time, and even if they don't their amazing strength allows them to crush most units in one turn (which often can't be said for swordmasters). Also, like swordmasters, their high speed allows them to dodge most attacks, which makes up for their fairly low defence and resistance. Another nice bonus is their ability to traverse any terrain (including water, desert and mountains) without any movement penalty.

You're awesome. So you know.

You're awesome. So you know.
I do know, my incredibly high ego tells me that fact everyday. You merely confirmed the fact.

On topic: someone please vote for bards/dancers/herons and bishops. It's not nice for them to be left out.

Swordmasters since my favorite is one of them.

Plus, dodge/critical + high skill activation is all you need in FE.

Alternatively, high defense and lots of HP on a unit or two + a bunch of ranged characters is all you need.

Dodging is important, but it's not "all you need" because a string of bad luck ruins your day. Criticals are helpful, but hardly important because you should never rely on them to happen unless you're sitting on some ridiculous 70% chance or something. Criticals are also a good thing that can be a double-edged blade: nothing like you parking a guy in a spot because he can only get attacked by a single guy to critical that guy after he hits you, meaning yet another person can run up to hit you and potentially kill you. (You know it happens, don't deny it.)

Alternatively, high defense and lots of HP on a unit or two + a bunch of ranged characters is all you need.

Dodging is important, but it's not "all you need" because a string of bad luck ruins your day. Criticals are helpful, but hardly important because you should never rely on them to happen unless you're sitting on some ridiculous 70% chance or something. Criticals are also a good thing that can be a double-edged blade: nothing like you parking a guy in a spot because he can only get attacked by a single guy to critical that guy after he hits you, meaning yet another person can run up to hit you and potentially kill you. (You know it happens, don't deny it.)

Can you not get this going here?

He said "ALL YOU NEED."

Relax. Jesus.

That doesn't mean you have to reply with your own argument against it. That's the reason he thinks they are the best class. No one was replying to yours saying, "So what if generals have defense, SM's dodge!"

Hey, stop this you two, each class has their pro's and con's.

SM's have to have to be a bit more RNG blessed and speed blessed. But they don't always need to play the critical card.

General's a too slow for there own good, and get doubled by anything but Knoll. Also have terrible time against Magic, I've seen Erk double and kill a general as a Mage.

I've seen Erk double and kill a general as a Mage.

None of the player controlled generals ever have to fight Erk. All you've proven is that enemies are weak. =/

None of the player controlled generals ever have to fight Erk. All you've proven is that enemies are weak. =/

Yes I did, but it's just sad, that the enemies are that weak.

I've tried to take up your beef with me in a private message and you didn't want to even talk about it there, so, "okay" Fox. You've proven you are incredibly afraid of confrontation, even if it's something super minor.

This is a message board, or so I thought when I signed up. People talk. People argue. This topic is pretty broad. I'm discussing things the way I discuss things. So far, you're the only person up in my face telling me to shut up. Serene brought up a counterpoint, at least. I might always be right about everything 100% of the time always, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to other people.

Imagine how boring this thread would be if it was just everyone going "I LOVE SWORDMASTERS!!!11" or "I LOVE CAVALIERS!!!111" or whatever their favorite class was? Message boards. Discussion. Discussing. They happen.