[Solved] Few questions regarding Lyn to Eliwood mode switch

Homasa

Hi there, I have a few technical questions regarding chapter's conceptualization using Lyn/Eliwood mode switch. I did not find answers after searching, but I may have missed something so forgive me if some have already been asked.

So basically I want to use the mechanism at the end of Lyn mode dispatching all units and regaining them later, but with the following ideas (all are independant, so depending on the answers, I'll see if I change one or several aspects in conceptualization).

1 - End Lyn Mode before chapter 10 (e.g. chapter 7 or so). Is that possible ? (I'm guessing yes, but what does it require ?)

2 - End Lyn Mode with more than 13 units (so exceeding the capacity of characters that are present in the tutorial and their non tutorial alisases).

3 - Have these units always keep their stats. (No regression or progression).

4 - Eventually, have them keep their inventory. (Optional).

5 - More importantly, keep them dead if they died in the initial chapters.

I also have to mention that I have already started coding Prologue and Chapter 1 (text, units, portraits, maps completed), so if I could avoid any solution consisting in using Eliwood mode starting patch, or anything else that asks me to modify deeply what I have already done, it would be cool. But if there is no other alternative, I'll use proposed solutions anyway.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Homasa

• 2 weeks later...

I could have sworn I'd seen an answer here. Sorry about that!

1. Yes, this is easy. You literally just have to run the event, which I think is something like LynModeEnding. Check the doc.

2. Also easy. Just load more characters.

3. Easy again. There's a UNCM/UNCR setting which hides characters from the prep screen and the Unit screen (essentially making them nonexistant) but saves their stats and inventory, which is why...

4. is also easy.

5. This requires a bit of event manipulation, but all you'd need to do is set a permanent event ID to their death quotes and when it comes time for them to be loaded again into the game, you'd have a check to see if that ID is true (and therefore the character is dead). If true, then don't load the unit. If false, then load the unit.