Are any of the Normal Modes worth S-Ranking?

Superfan959

I've played most of the games in the series multiple times, but I've never even attempted a ranked run. I'm very familiar with the games and mechanics for the most part, but I thought maybe I'd try one of the normal modes first. However, I'm a bit worried that it'll be too easy.

FE6: My concern here is that many of the rankings are just too lenient, and those that aren't will be made easy on normal mode with increased EXP. it sounds like is pretty much only have to worry about Combat, which sounds boring.

FE7: These rankings seem a bit tougher than 6's, but the base game is a whole lot easier, which could make it boring. I suppose Hector Normal could be interesting, but...

Does anyone have any experience S-Ranking any of the Normal Modes? Is it worth it, or is it too much like a typical playthrough?

Edited by Completely InShane

I've S ranked every mode of FE7. The normal modes certainly aren't difficult to S rank, though you still want to keep a close eye on your funds because of no Silver Card without the bonus items option, and experience because Victory or Death still has a pretty high requirement that can catch you off guard.

If you want to S rank the harder modes, I would suggest you start with the normal modes. You may find them not too challenging, but it's good preparation.

Blazing Sword's normal modes are worth playing ranked. Easier but encourage different playstyles.

• Eliwood modes have more turns to work with.
  • Hector modes have more funds and experience to work with.
  • Normal modes have more lenient experience but less funds and stricter turn requirements.
  • Hard modes have more lenient funds but less experience and more generous turn requirements.

If you'd like to play normal ranked with additional challenge, consider a no-arena run. Arenas are very powerful options in ranked play.

Well there is only really a difference between the rankings for Normal and Hard; ENM shares its ranking data with HNM, and the same is true for EHM and HHM. However, the reason you have more funds and EXP (and less turns) to work with in Hector modes vs. Eliwood modes is because the Hector mode only chapters have a programming bug that causes them to have requirements of zero turns but also zero EXP and funds.