Can you abuse the logbook to get infinite stat ups, like in Awakening?

Orion5487

In awakening, it was possible to endlessly raise the stats of "guest characters" through clever usage of the Logbook. Are you still able to do this in Fates?

Also on a similar topic, can you add Amiibo units to your logbook? So if I train an Ike amiibo on one save file, can I purchase him in another save file and use him there? Or do I have to start from scratch again?

I believe any unit can be saved to the Log Book.I am not sure about the leveling though.(In fact I never knew about it in FEA since I never used the Log Book except for once when I recruited an MU from a previous file)But you can still infinitely level in this game, it just costs a lot of money.

In awakening, it was possible to endlessly raise the stats of "guest characters" through clever usage of the Logbook. Are you still able to do this in Fates?

Also on a similar topic, can you add Amiibo units to your logbook? So if I train an Ike amiibo on one save file, can I purchase him in another save file and use him there? Or do I have to start from scratch again?

I believe that people are using the skill purchasing option to get logbook units with otherwise impossible skill-sets (like kids with skills from class trees given by multiple mothers and partners, or kids with multiple skills from a parent's exclusive class), but this can be done without taking a unit out of the logbook and putting it back in.

I believe any unit can be saved to the Log Book.I am not sure about the leveling though.(In fact I never knew about it in FEA since I never used the Log Book except for once when I recruited an MU from a previous file)But you can still infinitely level in this game, it just costs a lot of money.

Yeah, the advantage of the logbook abuse is that you only have to spend time farming money. Whereas Eternal Seals cost a lot of money AND you have to spend time leveling up the units to get stats.

How it is done in Awakening is explained here: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/hints-and-secrets/

... about half way down the page.