Suggestions for a 'grand' Transfer run, or what is your 'best' run?

So two years back now, I attempted a transfer run of using/abusing bonus exp, boss abuse, staff abuse, etc, trying for this grand file for a transfer run. I had great stats for nearly 20 units (Ike, Elinica, Mist, Mia, Marcia, Boyd, Soren, Rhys, Rolf, Astrid, Sothe, Nephenee, Jill, Titania, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Haar, Tanith, and a not so great Reyson) and I was excited. Yet like many before me, I ended up reaching the end without hitting -/20 on some units (Rolf especially hurt, having all but Hp, Mag and Luck capped and only a level 13 sniper at last stage).

I'm going to be giving this another shot, trying to make a grand file for transfers with as many maxed stats as possible. At this point, I'm in my research phase, trying to see where I went wrong, and where I can make improvements. The easy answer is using fewer characters, but maxing only six characters (for example) doesn't have the 'grand' feel I'm aiming for here. That said, I wanted to ask the pro's here about your own runs, in the hope of getting a better idea of what is actually achievable. Did you have better results with normal mode's extra bonus exp, or hard mode having more enemies? Did you fare better with clear bonus exp for turn count, or spend more time boss abusing?

Any and all thoughts are welcome. Thank you for your time!

I had planned on Normal, as I read (not sure if accurate...) that it gives more exp than hard mode, and it's in the form of bonus exp so it's easier to manipulate. I've cleared hard plenty of times so I'm not worried about difficulty or anything. If normal gives more exp, than normal it is, you know?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, entirely possibly to do.

I'd suggest normal mode for this but it will result in purposely prolonging chapters, lots of boss abuse and careful planning. For instance, bringing someone like Rolf to chapter 21 to chip ena for 1 point of damage over and over again; probably with a forged bow until his strength levels up. On some chapters you would probably be spending 1,000 turns+ if you plan on chip damaging bosses with multiple characters, if you want to get as many stats as possible capped like I did in my run then add another 2,500 soft resets for the same chapter.

If you don't want to go THAT hardcore with leveling up your characters I'd suggest chip damage the bosses until 99xp then BEXP at base after each chapter that it's possible to abuse like that. I tried to do it all in-game but got fed up of constantly trading growth bands back and forth every level up.

I wouldn't attempt this on hard mode either, you're going to need a fair bit of Bexp to put on Elincia and possibly one of the dragons too. I don't think Elincia will be able to chip damage Bertram with that measly 9 strength she starts off with.

EDIT: Also for the turn count/Abusing debate. You need to pick and choose, for example the stealth mission is definitely worth doing for the 900+ xp or whatever it is (I can't recall) however a map like "Without a King" is more fit to grind your units on because of how nicely it's setup for that.

Edited by ClLoulD