Fire Emblem: Ghosts of Altdorf Recruitment Drive Version 2 SUBMISSIONS DUE 9/1/15

Emperor Petitt

Okay, since the last thread did not go over so well I am starting this new one with clarifications from past mistakes.

Fists I am the Game Master of the group and I have 3 open spots to my group, which is haply named Ghosts of Altdorf.

First thing this is a Fire Emblem Warhammer Fantasy Battle crossover group, so a character that would work in Fire Emblem, of any world due to the out realm gates actually being a thing in awakening, will work here (provided they are not say a high level king for example). I am asking you to make a character’s history and name first as that is what I am using to determine stats.

Stats works on a modified system, using a base from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition, in it, characters can play Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Humans, and Halflings. The system itself is based on d100 rolls, though the game is muddied in parts to feel more like a Fire Emblem game.

The story goes as follows; the worlds themselves were separated before the events of our group, however some adventures from Tellius, and Ylisse, wanted to become heroes themselves, have legends told of them, the best way they thought of this was to explore outrealms. This did not turn out well for our adventures as they themselves ended up in a realm known as The Old World, housing a collection of human nations that are constantly are war. At the heart of hope in this war torn continent is a land so vast that it is just simply known as, the Empire. The Empire was a nation formed over 2,500 by the first Emperor, Sigmar, uniting all the tribes of man in the current Empire to hold back against Chaos and Orc invasions. These tribes still exist today as various counties of the Empire, Middenland, Stirland, Ostland, Hochland, Reikland, Nordland, Averland, Wissenland, Ostermark, and Talabecland. Each of these counties is ruled by an Elector Count, and each serve under the Elected Emperor, who they and 5 over electors choose after the death of the previous Emperor. This party of adventures was nearly trapped, until assistance to get back to their world was given by the Empire, with an audience with the Emperor himself, Elector count of Reikland, Prince of Altdorf, and Deifier of the Dark, Emperor Karl Franz. Through the various wizards of different orders of magic, they were able to return to their home, but not to their time. As they were looking for a way home, Chaos was on the move in their home effecting the nature of their world slowly till it was consumed into worship of the four dark gods, Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle, and Tzeentch. They returned to a time before Grima’s defeat, and before Plegia’s first declaration of war on Ylisse as it would turn out, the time they knew of has long since destroyed. This party did not return alone, as with them came a representative selected by Karl Franz for diplomacy was sent with them, the then captain of a minor Reikland army, Markus Wilhelm von Brandenburg. Through him the Empire and Ylisse are still today allies, and the currency of the Empire, crowns shilling and pennies, were accepted into use throughout the lands. Though a new alliance was formed, chaos was on the move as even then people suffered, such a Donnel having Marauders pillage his village and killing all of the inhabitants, Chrom being nowhere nearby, left the duty of protector of what little remained to Captain von Brandenburg.

Though Chaos was in the lands that did not stop the Mad King of Plegia’s thirst for revenge, as he still instigated a war with Ylisse, though at the same time, also declared war on the Empire. Scenes set up by the Grimeal failed, from the assassination of Emmeryn, to the hopes of a costly war for Ylisse, Markus outwitted them all in each attempt. The war with Plegia, while still a hurt to Ylisse as they lost their capital, Markus with his small army went on the offensive, and through faith, steel, and gunpowder, took over Plegia’s southern costal lands, and its capital. The Mad King wanting his revenge still tried to execute the current Exalt, and obtain the Fire Emblem, though due to a lack of communication, the trapper became the one trapped with nowhere left to turn, and his plan foiled by the Empire accepted a last ditch deal to the captain, though this deal did not see him be dropped over a kick, has he handed over the lands taken by Markus over, he was kicked off instead, becoming impaled on the rocks below. As this went on Chaos struck again as a warrior on a black Pegasus with two heads and leathery wings landed near Emmeryn, and preformed an act named only as the Blood Eagle. With the Exalt dead, Ylisse’s rulership turned over to Chrom and his wife Robin, and southern Plegia became a new province of the Empire, New Drackwald as it was given over to Captain von Brandenburg to serve as the Elector Count of new lands, as the other counts did not want it since it was far away from their lands. Erzherzog Markus Wilhelm von Brandenburg served as a watchful eye over the lands for chaos, sending state troopers to engage with Marauders before they could strike, and Witch Hunters to weed out worship of Dark Gods in his lands. Though Markus was not alone as he worked, as through the help of others was the only reason he succeeded, from Father Martin Luther who come his court Chaplin, Gaertner Alunni of the light order, who would become his advisor in the winds of magic, Jochlem Koestler a master engineer who would become his steward, and the individual originally called Marth, though that was an alias hiding her name of Lucina, you provided him with foresight, and would later become the Erzherzogin of New Drackwald. As the formation of New Drackwald, the Elector count formed a new unit under his personal command that would act as his sword against the enemies of the Empire and making, the Order of the Exalted Griffon. The Order itself has proven effective against many a different foes, though due to the Orcs now arriving in Valm during the war with Valm, the order itself is undermanned as all of the original group was lost, and now only the court, the royals of New Drackwald, Donnel who lost his original home and turned to the faith of Sigmar, and a not so brave knight of the Blazing Sun are all that remain. You are one of the chosen to replace the lost soldiers through potential you have, or experience. Your motivations for joining could be as simple as the pay being good, a sense of duty, or religious fervor, though whatever your reasons you are still needed, as the end of times draw near, and the world with either have its salvation, or its damnation. Through the coming troubled times heroes are needed throughout the lands, like never before.

Okay so that out of the way Warhammer characters will be limited to what can be created in Warhammer fantasy second edition, meaning no high elves riding Dragons for example, though there are some exceptions like one can be an inner circle knight in the Empire and ride a Demigryph, or a Bretonnian knight and have a hipppogrif as your mount, if you are going this route contact me with the class and specifics of your character with a PM before posting.

For basic lore on Warhammer Fantasy I direct you to Arch Warhammer’s channel on youtube, though Norwegian and his microphone can be a bit of a problem, his lore is accurate. Here is a link to his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS9wazLlTUHSTeKVG39hZw there is also Call of Warhammer videos there if you enjoy watching total war, and the Lore videos are geared into giving lore that would be relevant to the upcoming game, Total War Warhammer, or Total Warhammer as I call it.

Now with that all out of the way, the person I selected to overlook the submissions with me look forward to the creative backstories you lot come up with, and eagerly await to read them. If you have any questions leave them in the thread below and I will be sure to get to them as fast as I can. I would also like to apologize for having one of the members of the group starting the topic of recruitment before, I should have done it myself as it is quite lazy of me to have put the face work on him

As I posted in the previous thread, not realizing this new one had been created, there are a number of issues with this. It's a silly concept, honestly. Instead of making some fanfic into an RP, how about a unique setting, unique plot, and unique characters? It's no fun to play in an already established world when you know you're outclassed by the actual canon characters, unless we're expected to make Mary Sues. And randomized stats with "Super Hard Edgy" difficulty never sounds like a fun experience.

My suggestion? Scrap it and think up something new. You can still have the warhammer elements, its your RP, but make it attract people by being unique and not appearing so anti player with randomized stats and high difficulty.

Also, your intro here is hard to read because its just walls of texts, split things up into concise bullet points and use spoilers when talking about the story of the world so I don't, out of habit, start skimming and miss important information.

Sorry to be harsh, but this just wholly feels unpolished and not really well thought out.

As I posted in the previous thread, not realizing this new one had been created, there are a number of issues with this. It's a silly concept, honestly. Instead of making some fanfic into an RP, how about a unique setting, unique plot, and unique characters? It's no fun to play in an already established world when you know you're outclassed by the actual canon characters, unless we're expected to make Mary Sues. And randomized stats with "Super Hard Edgy" difficulty never sounds like a fun experience.

My suggestion? Scrap it and think up something new. You can still have the warhammer elements, its your RP, but make it attract people by being unique and not appearing so anti player with randomized stats and high difficulty.

Also, your intro here is hard to read because its just walls of texts, split things up into concise bullet points and use spoilers when talking about the story of the world so I don't, out of habit, start skimming and miss important information.

Sorry to be harsh, but this just wholly feels unpolished and not really well thought out.

Meh to be fair that was my thoughts as well, really I am only trying to continue it because someone else wanted to, but right now I am about to just say fuck it, and just let it die. Honestly I should be more stern as a Game Master and not compromise ideas and just stick to one.

Meh to be fair that was my thoughts as well, really I am only trying to continue it because someone else wanted to, but right now I am about to just say fuck it, and just let it die. Honestly I should be more stern as a Game Master and not compromise ideas and just stick to one.

I mean, a lot of RPs delve into fanfic territory, I was just gonna say that if you want to do something, do it. It's jjust you're more likely to actually get a group if what you're doing is unique, well explained and thought out. The fact this so heavily alters the story of Awakening at a super critical part of the game when the characters are still going through their arcs make it less appealing since it doesn't take them out of the equation, instead making them more likely to show up and be out of character.

Either way, whatever you do, make sure its something you'll enjoy running.