Which GBA Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight is your favorite?

Which GBA Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight is your favorite?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight is your favorite?

• Marcus
    • Allen
    • Lance
    • Zealot
    • Treck
    • Noah
    • Perceval
    • Sain
    • Kent
    • Lowen
    • Isadora
    • Seth
    • Franz
    • Forde
    • Kyle
    • Duessel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sain because 25 Str maxes every time and makes him a deathbringer on a horse.

Also him calling Serra a delectable creature made me laugh more than it should have.

Seth comes in close second because he can solo FE8 and is a badass

Its a bit of a huge toss-up, because everyone (except FE7, which I didn't play) had some good points.
Alan/Lance: Again, a pair of units you really need to make FE6 more bearable. Bonus points for being the few ax-wielders that actually have accuracy. I was also quite interested in how they act and react due to their social standing in the army, as well as their contrast of hot-blooded/calm-headed nature.

Marcus: Despite being a Jegan archetype, he's actually useful as an early emergency backup.

Treck: Don't know in terms of gameplay, but his not-so-serious nature really made me laugh.

Kyle/Forde: The interaction between them in their support conversation is hilarious in C/B...and quite sad in A. Kyle/Ephraim is another golden moment where the humor is well-carried out, and the conversation as a whole also has actual character development.

While I do like all the green and red knights, Sain and Kent are my favorite green and red knights(since both work well together, both character and gameplay wise), with Sain as the better of the two. He's a pretty cool guy and kicks a lot of butt too!

Noah and Franz are a good second( Noah X Fir and Franz X Amelia supports FTW).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope no one's annoyed that I keep replying to these threads.

Anyways, I voted Lowen. I love the guy. He's a bit of a dork, and he works really hard just to keep up. I like Wil, but I prefer to believe Lowen is Wolt's father, just because I really like that Rebecca's the only one who says he's a hero.

Gameplay-wise, I like him just because he always turns out drastically different in every playthrough, for better or worse. He's a very fun character to compare across multiple playthroughs.

Honorable mentions to Perceval for having the hottest portrait in fe6. Forde and Sain as well for having fun supports.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet Ashunera in a handbasket, GBA FE have way too many horses. I'm splitting this up into two lists.

Among the Cavaliers (non-promoted)...

Kent > Forde > Kyle > Sain > Lance > Alan > Lowen > Franz

Unranked: Noah, Shrek

Kent is my favorite. On one memorable run of Blazing Sword, he ended up fulfilling both the Cain AND Abel archetypes, in terms of stats. Strong from start to finish, and a great counterpart to Sain in personality.

Forde is my favorite of Magvel. If I remember right, he's the Abel, stat-wise. I love his painting hobby, and he can marry Eirika, among other good supports.

Kyle is really good too, though. With his physical tanky stats, he makes a Great Knight. A bit boring in personality, though.

Sain is a great partner for Kent. His stats are good, but he's wound up fairly unreliable for me. His personality is hilarious, though.

Lance is really good statwise. I like him and Alan pretty equally, and their shared support is good.

Lowen is cool - I like his unconventional design, and he offers more bulk and con than other riders. Still, Kent and Sain tend to surpass him.

Even Franz, I don't really dislike. He's just kind of boring and inferior, IMO, to Ephraim's knights.

Among the Paladins / Great Knights...

Isadora > Seth > Duessel > Marcus (FE7) > Marcus (FE6)

Unranked: Percival, Zealot

I'll admit, Isadora is more a matter of preference than ability. She's great with a sword, and has high speed. Plus, I like her design, the Midia achetype in general, and the fact that she's a female Paladin in a man's world.

I'm not especially enamored by Seth's personality, but there's no question that he's good. Unfortunately, Paladins lack the Axe in Magvel.

I like Duessel's background, and the fact that he's an older character, who even acts as a mentor to Ephraim and others. Even though I've probably raised up others by the time I get him, he's still a good fallback unit.

Marcus isn't that bad. His personality is rather uninteresting, and I don't like to use him as a crutch character. He's better in FE7 than FE6, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness someone besides myself actually likes Noah! I have never, ever seen any love for Noah, that's actually a very pleasant surprise.

Yeah, Noah is pretty great. His supports with Fir and Karel make him seem like he has self esteem issues. I think he does.

Anyway,, My vote went to sain. Cause... he's Sain.

Seth and Forde are fantastic, Seth for soloing the game, and Forde for the painting.

• 1 month later...

I'm the very first person voting for Zealot... and I'm not at all that surprised tbh. I just really like him as a mid game Jeigan and he is a char which I enjoy thanks to his supports.