Which GBA Fighter/Warrior is your favorite?

Which GBA Fighter/Warrior is your favorite?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Fighter/Warrior is your favorite?

• Wade
    • Lott
    • Bartre
    • Dorcas
    • Geitz
    • Garcia

Quote the whole sentence, not just part of it to imply context that may or may not have been intended. :3

Ok

I say Dorcas is decent, even though he's good some playthroughs but bad others.

lol. I mean, I voted for him because I like his character, but lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the case of Bartre and Garcia, yes. Your compute-o-meter is way outta whack!

Yeah, no. Bartre can't even double jokefodder enemies at base (besides, Hector's all I need for axe users in FE7), and Garcia's essentially Dorcas 2.0 (AKA, can't double anything that isn't either severely weighed down or jokefodder).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Yeah, no. Bartre can't even double jokefodder enemies at base (besides, Hector's all I need for axe users in FE7), and Garcia's essentially Dorcas 2.0 (AKA, can't double anything that isn't either severely weighed down or jokefodder).

False, Bartre doubles consistently all the time, there are few enemies he doesn't double. Literally every single one of my playthroughs has yielded this result, and I've played and beaten 7 more than fifteen times. This is not just luck or coincidence.

As for Garcia, well like I said I have yet to purposefully try with him. It just...happens.

False, Bartre doubles consistently all the time, there are few enemies he doesn't double. Literally every single one of my playthroughs has yielded this result, and I've played and beaten 7 more than fifteen times. This is not just luck or coincidence.

As for Garcia, well like I said I have yet to purposefully try with him. It just...happens.

3 base speed, 40% growth, no speed promo bonuses. Bartre's speed is really iffy, which is saying a lot with fe7's enemies.

3 base speed, 40% growth, no speed promo bonuses. Bartre's speed is really iffy, which is saying a lot with fe7's enemies.

I missed the "at base" part, but even so he's always doubled consistently enough, plus there are Speedwings. Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

lol

You're trying to sell Bartre as a good unit with personal experience - there's a reason why the fanbase asserts "Personal Experience Means Nothing"...

lol

You're trying to sell Bartre as a good unit with personal experience - there's a reason why the fanbase asserts "Personal Experience Means Nothing"...

I'm selling Bartre as a good unit with cold hard facts, not even you can deny that more than fifteen playthroughs with a beastly Bartre is just "personal experience." If this had happened in only two or three playthroughs, then yeah, just luck and that's all. But no, this has been consistent, every single time, literally every single time I've played the game. There is literally no way it's just luck or "lol just personal experience noon." You think I don't know there's a reason the fanbase asserts "personal experience means nothing"? I know full well, and like I said if it were just a couple playthroughs and not literally every single one, then yeah, I wouldn't argue for Bartre at all. I am so sick of people telling me "personal experience noob" and treating me like I'm an idiot. Yeah, I like Bartre. Yeah, I'll defend him as a good unit. No, it is not just personal experience. I'm tired of everyone telling me how wrong I am.

I'm selling Bartre as a good unit with cold hard facts, not even you can deny that more than fifteen playthroughs with a beastly Bartre is just "personal experience." If this had happened in only two or three playthroughs, then yeah, just luck and that's all. But no, this has been consistent, every single time, literally every single time I've played the game. There is literally no way it's just luck or "lol just personal experience noon." You think I don't know there's a reason the fanbase asserts "personal experience means nothing"? I know full well, and like I said if it were just a couple playthroughs and not literally every single one, then yeah, I wouldn't argue for Bartre at all. I am so sick of people telling me "personal experience noob" and treating me like I'm an idiot. Yeah, I like Bartre. Yeah, I'll defend him as a good unit. No, it is not just personal experience. I'm tired of everyone telling me how wrong I am.

AKA, denial. You forgot the fundamental rule about Fire Emblem - everything is RNG. You can't honestly expect me, or anyone else, for that matter, to believe that you haven't gotten even one bad Bartre over 15 playthroughs - it's nothing more than another case of you trying to use your personal experience as "cold, hard facts". Basically, let's put it like this: if you can assert that Bartre's a good unit since you got a beast one every playthrough for 15 playthroughs, I can just as easily assert that he's bad because I haven't gotten any stats with him other than promotion gains every time I used him. Who's in the right?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Units are generally judged statistically (so not regarding availability in this instance) by their bases and their average stats at a given level. The average Bartre is generally quite mediocre. Dorcas is actually faster than Bartre on average at level 10 and below despite having a 20% lower speed growth due to having 3 more base speed.

AKA, denial. You forgot the fundamental rule about Fire Emblem - everything is RNG. You can't honestly expect me, or anyone else, for that matter, to believe that you haven't gotten even one bad Bartre over 15 playthroughs - it's nothing more than another case of you trying to use your personal experience as "cold, hard facts". Basically, let's put it like this: if you can assert that Bartre's a good unit since you got a beast one every playthrough for 15 playthroughs, I can just as easily assert that he's bad because I haven't gotten any stats with him other than promotion gains every time I used him. Who's in the right?

There's no "denial" here. I don't deny when one of my favorites isn't a good unit. Renault, for example. He's my favorite Monk/Bishop, but you know what? He is FAR from the best unit. There are very few units that are generally considered bad that I argue are good, Bartre being one of them. I didn't forget about RNG either and I don't give two flying craps if you believe me or not, and honestly I don't expect you to believe me. In fact I'd be surprised if you DID believe me! Doesn't change the fact that I've always gotten a good Bartre, though. Believe it or not, I don't give a donkey's dirty rear end. It isn't me "trying to use my personal experience" and I laugh that you say "ANOTHER case" like I've done this before.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, we're never going to agree on this. I like Bartre and will argue in his favor, that's that. Agree or disagree, that's your choice and your right to hold your own opinion. All I can say is that the more people condescend to me, the angrier I'm going to get, I can't even say "yeah I had a good Eliwood once, it was pretty cool" without someone telling me "WHY U USE ELWOOD NOOB HEKTOR MUCH BETTER IDJIOT!" I have seriously had more than one person start a conversation with me just to tell me my opinions are trash, I'm getting really sick of this bullcrap.

EDIT: I will say though, I am sorry for my own anger and attitude, I got angry and carried away with my words and that was wrong of me. People always condescend at me, so I tend to take things in the worst ways. I am sorry.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dorcas for me. Why? Because Dorcas seems to always come through for me! There are a good couple times when he would have a around a 50% - 60% chance of hitting an enemy and he would hit them 80% of the time despite the low hit rate! And when promotes, he just's get better!

I tried Batre, I really did, but he just never worked out for me! And Garcia, he's good, but I still prefer Dorcas.

Dorcas isn't the most potent ax user, but he gets the job done and does it quite well......for me anyway! :Joshua:

post-15301-0-74860200-1460147164_thumb.png

post-15301-0-70286900-1460147181_thumb.png

post-15301-0-71272000-1460147234_thumb.png

Probably not amazing, but still pretty good!

Dagdar is the ultimate Warrior. RD Boyd is another one.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.... Because RD Boyd isn't very good.

Also, this is GBA, so they're irrelevant anyhow.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 5 weeks later...

Lott. His growths make no sense as a fighter, or any class really, so he's really fun to raise to max level.

I think all of the fighters are kinda bad, but iffy units make subsequent playthroughs more fun. Its a challenge, and its entertaining when one of them surprises you and turns out great.

• 4 weeks later...

I would rank them as follows:

Geitz > Dorcas > Lot > Bartre (FE7) > Garcia

Unranked: Wade, Bartre (FE6)

Dorcas, Mr. Poisoned-mutton himself, is my favorite from the GBA era. I like his red hair, the strong-silent personality, and his "sympathetic rogue" background. Plus, he usually ends up pretty good for me. Having said that, I'm not a big fan of GBA fighters in general, and he's nowhere near Chuck Nolan in my heart.

Lot was pretty good on my run of FE6. I took the Echidna (not Bartre) route, so he and Wade were my only choices, and I dropped Wade early. A reliable axe user in a game with very few of those.

Bartre is... okay. He carries standard fighter stats. My favorite aspect of him is his ability to recruit Karla.

Garcia starts out okay, but I always use his son, so he becomes pretty redundant with those poor growths. Kind of a cool backstory, though.

EDIT: My latest FE7 run, I actually used Geitz, and honestly? New favorite. He starts with decent speed, and can grow in that stat. Plus, he starts with a B in bows, so he can actually use some cool bows off the bat instead of having to start from Iron. He doesn't have quite the killing power of other fighter/warrior types, but he's blessed in other ways to be a powerful ally.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate

• 3 weeks later...

Bartre. All the way. If it wasn't for Bartre, FE 6's B route would have NOTHING. Bartre has a Grand Stache, and people need to respect it more. And his supports? Golden. I LOVE his support with Cath. If she wasn't so young, I'd Ship them. Sorry... Forgot that he and Karla are cannon. The others... are Ok. I almost always get wallace over Geitz, so he goes unused. Dorcus is a good character, but he's just... so.... crappy on the feild... Wade gives me shivers. Really. Lot? He's alright. I like that he has a 40% Defense growth, and the Lance-A-Lott Supports are great. Breaking the 4th wall like it's nobody's business.

Edited by Lord Tullus

• 2 weeks later...

Bartre, if he turns out well, and doesn't get screwed on speed can be a good warrior with strength, and can switch to bows for more accuracy for the fact that despite his slightly lower growths then Dorcas, has a lower starting level for more room for improvement, and in my opinion, he's a very underrated unit.