[FE8] How to add more classes

Diogenes

So I've found some tutorials on how to change the animations of existing classes, but how do I add more classes to the class registry? What do I need to do if I want to add T3 classes or more monster classes? Pointing to the things I need (walking sprites, class name, generic portraits, animations) in nightmare would be easy enough, but how do I insert this into the game and expand the possible nightmare entries?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, that helped a lot. I'm moved the class data at offset 807110 (where it usually is in FE8) to B2B000, but I don't know how to convert that into little endian and have HxD point to it. I tried using a tool linked by Lance-a-Lot further down the thread, but I can't seem to get HxD to accept the value I got out of it. I tried adding 08 to the value to be converted, but it still won't work. Any Ideas?TTtzpGb.jpg

You do need the 08, so the values of your addresses in little endian should be 10718008 and 00B0B208.

What exactly do you mean by HxD not accepting the value? What happens when you try to do the search > replace?

I've fixed the problem. I think I had the values right the first time, it was only because I didn't select "search in both directions". However when I replaced HxD told me that only ~5 replacements occurred. I haven't bricked my ROM yet, so I don't know if I did that step correctly.

Now if only I could get the modules in nightmare right. I did the steps outlined in the tutorial, and I can select my custom classes and edit their base stats/weapon lvls/whater, but seeing that I couldn't properly select Class Number in the module, I changed the number at the top of the .txt to have 165 rather then 128. Now the module won't load at all. What is the significance of class number anyway? I think FE8 skills other then crit bonus and lethality are tied to class, so can I give a druid greatsheild if I give it a general's class number? Not that I would.

lxCKW8b.jpg

Also, I don't know if I should make another topic for this, but I found this thread on FEU. Is anyone familiar with patch and how well it works? I'm creating an injured paladin class for seth and want to know if anyone has cracked how to make classes promote automatically at lvl 10.

Thanks for all your help BTW, Baldrick.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the dead (AKA TA-ing). I inserted the animations, but bricked my ROM when trying to expand/repoint the class registry. I'll just try it again from the top with my backup.

In related news, I Read this on weapon effectiveness.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51969&hl=effective

To expand on my previous question, is there a cheap and easy way to add Super effectiveness against classes? Can I use existing class numbers for new classes (giving my injured paladin class paladin class number)? Can I make gargoyels vunerable to Dragon Slayers by giving them wyvern knight class numbers in nightmare? Once I expand the class registry correctly in the hex editor, do I have to do something different to create new class numbers?

no to the first two, you'll just fuck up the classes if you do that

and no, you don't need to "create" a new class number. class number is simply the "nth entry in the class table" though you will have to play with the nightmare modules a bit