Sprites by Circles

circleseverywhere

As others have stated all it needs is a little motion to give the impression that she's moving backward and not just exploding into petals.

https://i.gyazo.com/0b993c9f449e1e5727c101a556c01fad.pngLike this.

Right now there's no momentum to it, so it feels more like an illusion pop than a dodge. The effect itself is very well done though.

But yeah I think you might as well do fullcustoms for everyone at this point. Otherwise it'll seem a bit jarring to anyone who's familiar with the source animations...

Edited by Ritisa

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll add a bit of anticipation to give it more life.

The original plan was to have everyone be a lord edit ie Weiss-Eirika, Blake-Lyn, Ruby-Hector, Pyrrha-Ephraim (I'm flattered you think she's a custom but she's actually just Ephraim + Paladin - Horse), with Yang as the outlier. Plans change, and I reckon I could do full customs for everyone, but I'd rather have a good edit than a mediocre custom so when I change something it will be an improvement, not change for the sake of change.

OOh. That some nice RWBY sprites you got here CirclesEverywhere.

It's nice to see how you use the portrait of a lot of FE characters to create the portrait of RWBY characters.

I never thought they were looking so alike. Nino as Ruby is a perfect fit!

Sorry, I don't have advice 'cause I don't do sprites but good job.

wut

Isn't she a female mage edit? Or do you mean hector's attacking motions?

The only thing she really has in common with female mages is the idle frame. Her standard attack is based on Hector's Armads attack, and she will have a full custom crit. Probably also a full custom ranged attack, since it should be pretty easy to make a spell animation for a bullet.

The hair looks like it could use some more shading, it just seems like a blob right now. I'd like to see her do some "ora ora ora" on the crit, or at least lay some combos down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam's mask doesn't quite looks at the same angle as his face. His eyes seem a little high too. Hair and body shading are a little unpolished.

The other 2 look nice so far.

Started work on Mercury and Emerald:

CyouiVT.png

XoL6rUR.png

Torchwick is coming along:

AE3Rzic.png

I'm not too sure about the body shading, and he doesn't quite match the 'Fire Emblem Style'. You look at it and immediately think "that's a custom mug". I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing?

Tweaked Cinder's face a bit:

8xl0UCq.png

Mouth frames done for Adam:

WYv5Kdx.png

wow these later works are leagues better than when you started out. Nice job, I really like Emerald's pose.

are you gonna revamp the main ladies?

Thanks! I wasn't planning on doing it for a while but making chapters is tedious and spriting is fun

So here's the new main 4 in varying stages of completeness:

Ruby

xbQqEkh.png

Weiss

tGLPXhd.png

Blake

S6b1iAe.png

Yang

TW9wHiI.png