Messing around with Seals in Hoshido (Spoilers maybe)

Glorie

So I've been playing around with seals in Fire Emblem If: Kingdom of Light, and I've noticed a few things.

I was told that if you use a marriage seal on a couple who have the same primary class, nothing would happen.

However, I married Hinoka off to Tsubaki (both Pegasus Warrior primary), and while she was buddy sealed off as a priest (Sakura A+) and he was parallel sealed as a samurai, I tried using a marriage seal on Hinoka, and she turned into a samurai as well.

I married Sakura off to Asama, and while I had already buddy sealed him off to Tsubaki as a Pegasus warrior, Sakura could use the seal to become a Herb Merchant.

Thought y'all should know. This could mean that buddy seals work similarly, but maybe not. I'll report back after some more experimenting. Saisou and Suzukaze's supports would still be redundant though. Sad face.

Yes, I used a cheat thingy for max cash and I'm playing Normal-Casual, partly because I don't understand written Japanese, and partly because I'm just d##king around and experimenting.

If you have anything you want me to test out (within reason), feel free to ask! I'm waiting for the English patch project to get further and the youtuber who is posting his playthroughs with the patch, etc, so I'm stuck either messing around after chapter 12 or going onward but not knowing what's going on, so something to work on could be interesting!

If the marriage partners share a base class, they get each other's secondary clas when using a marriage seal. Same goes for the Buddy Seal.

If one character's secondary is the partner's base class (I'll use Luna and Subaki in this case), Luna will get Pegasus Warrior, aka nothing new, while Subaki gets Mercenary.

This has been confirmed a while ago...?

Edited by Carter

I thought Saizou and Suzukaze would get Mercenary (due to the Samurai Merc thing)? This has also been confirmed right?

Actually, they get Samurai from each other. No new classes. Because they share ninja as the base class, it goes to their secondary classes to give to partners. And because the secondary can be given regardless of whether it's a natural reclass option or not (unless the secondary is someone's base class), the two get a class they already have.

Edited by Carter

Ahh, see, when I asked a while back, they said that it draws from the primary exclusively. I was like "but, but ,but... Wah!" It's lame that the Not!Cordelia family (or at least Luna) got the shaft in that respect, but ah well. (Samurai Luna would have been cool.)