Games you think are overrated?

Blue Druid

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persona Q, Fire Embem Awakening, Final Fantasy Type-0, Minecraft, Rising Thunder, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, MGS 3. I could go on, but the list is huge and I could rant for days...might just have to create my own personal rant thread thingy XD

but it makes sense because it never happens. its not like it happens like once or twice for no reason, it never happens. its unrealistic, but it makes sense because its established to never happen in pokemon.

its like in a story where monsters only come out at night. even if they never tell why the moneters can only come out at night, a story makes more sense when they keep something consistent like that

other than that, i think they keep the stories with the bad guys light because the big goal is to be pokemon champion. its not like megaman.exe where it's all like "yaaay, you won a big tournament!" and then they stop caring in 5 minutes because you have to fight evil guys.

Team Plasma does steal Pokemon from random people including little kids though. <_<

So does Team Rocket. I mean one of their mottos is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket."

Edited by Irysa

Persona Q, Fire Embem Awakening, Final Fantasy Type-0, Minecraft, Rising Thunder, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, MGS 3. I could go on, but the list is huge and I could rant for days...might just have to create my own personal rant thread thingy XD

Do you specificallu think UMVC3 is overrated or MVC3 as a whole?

nono i mean....sa2 is overrated yes, but people barely even talk about sa1. i mean you probably think sa1 gets praised a lot but nope not true

Oh wow, really? I didn't realize that actually. I know that the overworld feature wasn't that popular with fans, but I didn't realize that a good chunk of Sonic fans weren't too okay with it.

Oh wow, really? I didn't realize that actually. I know that the overworld feature wasn't that popular with fans, but I didn't realize that a good chunk of Sonic fans weren't too okay with it.

The overworld feature was mostly bad imo, but I love flying over the trees in the jungle as knuckles.

Edited by Severian

No. Because they're remakes of gen 2. So technically, they're gen 2 updated.

But they are part of Gen 4 because they can connect with Gen 4 games and bring in Gen 4 Pokemon and whatnot.

It's kind of semantic. Don't you think fire red and leaf green are substantially more similar to each other than to ruby, sapphire and emerald? With that being established, it makes sense to draw a distinction between the new region entrees and the remakes, even if "not Gen iv" isn't the best term for the division.

Also, I know I used the wrong Gen of games on my post, but I think my point stands and I'm on a cell phone.

For me, I think Fire emblem 4 is VERY overrated.

It has so many problems, and it's more akin to a Dynasty Warrior game, rather than an actual Fire Emblem Game.

I also think the plot has a lot of problems too. but that's spoiler territory.

Zera, on 03 Sept 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

What was wrong with Bowser's Inside Story?

I didn't find its music memorable (literally remember nothing from it), the Bowser gameplay wasn't enjoyable in any sense, the locations weren't very interesting (particularly the inside Bowser portions), Giant Battles were pretty lame (or in the train's case just sucked), the game was littered with horrible minigames and most special moves (especially Bowser ones ugh) were boring to use. The story failed to interest me, the game was painfully easy bar Bowser X which probably needs grinding to Rainbow Rank to beat, there were very few bosses I liked fighting, getting everything was a pain because of all the backtracking you would need to do with Mario & Luigi. Some of the dialogue was very strong, though.

It's not nearly as bad as Funky Bike Wii, but I probably liked Sticker Star more.

If I had to put an overrated game, well... FF7, obviously.

A good game, no doubt. But far from the best ever done.

I mean, DQVII exists (I could talk for days about how great this game is). And Live a Live (probably one oof my favourite game. It's objectively a masterpiece).

Maybe people will shut up about it with the future remake, but it'll probably will makes the original even more worshipped. *sigh*

Also, FFX, because of Tidus.

Well, not really, but that's related to a larger problem.
FFX is a stupid game. Character design is absurd and ridiculous, and the character themelwes are quite ridiculous (Wakka...).
Tidus is a complete moron who is always putting himself in the most ridiculous situation.

None of that is wrong in itself, but the game wants you to take it seriously. It expects you to believe Tidus X Yuna is romantic, when... sorry, it's not.

There relationship won't last young once everything is over. It won't support the passage of time, no matter what you say.

That's why FFX-2 is superior to FFX (No Tidus) : It embracees the inner stupidity of its universe and decides to have fun. And fun it is. The music is generally inferior, and the story not as "serious", but that last point is a good thing. It's full of content to paly with (especially the International/Remake version), and it gives you exactly what it promises you, and more, whereas FFX failed to deliver.

This is quite subjective, obviously, but that's how I explain it.

Glad someone agrees with me that Gen V is a great generation of Pokemon.

Gen V may be my favourite generation.

I would have left Pokémon forever if not for it.

I have a wierd relationship to Gen IV. It's the one with my first shiny and first PokéRus, but somehow I started losing interrest about it, since I thought the game wasn't for me anymore.

Gen VI... While I can't hate it, obviously, X and Y were somewhat the Awakening of the Pokémon Franchise for me.

Playd once, loved it, then lost all interrest.

The main problem is the Multi Exp being utterly stupid and ruining the game balance. If it's too easy, why am I fighting.
Challenge Mode!BW2 were perfect difficulty (even if the way to obtain them was stupid), so why go back now.

There's also an important point of Pokémon people never mention : The exploration. You're discovering new places tnanks to your Pokémon (that's the deffinitions of HMs. And it's quite fun, honnestly.

even visiting cities and talking to the NPCs is fun.

It's all about the adventure.

None. "Overrated" is a bad word to use, to "bitch" about the topic title.

Are you talking about personal enjoyment or the fact that people should stop liking the game they like because you think it's bad/not as good as people think? I imagine it's the former, but it's easy to say "what games don't you like that are popular/regarded extremely positively". People just get defensive when you phrase it in terms of "overrated" about the things they like, and that's correct because you're basically asking "why do you like this?".

Edited by Tryhard

Are you talking about personal enjoyment or the fact that people should stop liking the game they like because you think it's bad/not as good as people think? I imagine it's the former, but it's easy to say "what games don't you like that are popular/regarded extremely positively". People just get defensive when you phrase it in terms of "overrated" about the things they like, and that's correct because you're basically asking "why do you like this?".

I mentioned this earlier, but according to other posts the OP has made in this thread, a more appropriate title would be: Popular Games You Do Not Like.

I mentioned this earlier, but according to other posts the OP has made in this thread, a more appropriate title would be: Popular Games You Do Not Like.

That's what I thought of at first too, but it's not the same. Overrated games aren't necessarily popular, and popular games aren't necessarily overrated.

I think the title should stay as it is.

That's what I thought of at first too, but it's not the same. Overrated games aren't necessarily popular, and popular games aren't necessarily overrated.

I think the title should stay as it is.

Most of the games I've seen people talk about here are popular games: FF7, Ocarina of Time, etc.

All of them. Especially that one you really, really, really like though. In fact, that one's the worst. How could you stand such an awful game?

Definitely agree with you there. It's saying "this game doesn't deserve to get praised as much, unlike games I like which are the best."

Edited by Refa