Jump to content
TacticsEmblem

Dungeons & Emblems - A Multiplayer Fire Emblem Table Top / Google Sheets RPG!

Recommended Posts

So... Job: Noble/Mage Knight

Base Luck Modifier: 20 (I'm dead serious. The D&D Dice Roller gave me a natural 20)

Roll(1d20)+0:

20,+0

Roll(8d6)+0:

2,3,4,6,2,5,6,5,+0

Okay, You are a Noble Mage Knight. This is going to be great. I think we have enough of a party to begin. I'll introduce the setting and scenario.

Here is a link to the sheet. I'll figure out how to make neat links soon though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZKJItcuA4uwwkxKfnybIkUcC5FiNdgu1Tl1AqXMFqM/edit#gid=435394284

Congrats on your nat 20. Your luck base gets +10. You start with 13, which is really good, haha.

I wanted the roll results, so each of these 8 gets multiplied by 5, converted to whole percents, and added to your base growths.

One last question for you is about proficiency. Pick one: Fire, Water, Wind, or Thunder?

Edited by TacticsEmblem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Water.

And no, there is no script. That's just the copy-paste. There are sites out there that allow for direct dice linkage though.

Alright, thanks. I trust everyone here, so there should be no problem.

I think we have enough players to begin.

SETTING

Alceste, Alistia, and Fafalel are from a medium sized, industrious city called Fimini, which is named after and located along a major river of the western, Garian Kingdom countryside. The city is situated between the river to the south, and the flood plains of a second great river, the Falian, to the north. To the east is a confluence of these two rivers, and to the west great plains extend until reaching the coastline. The Garian Kingdom controls the large, north part of the "C" shaped continent of Tetaron, the large southern part is controlled by the Shattan Kingdom, and the small central part to the east is controlled by the Holy Kingdom Blovaria. In the center of this "C" land formation is the Great Central Sea. The kingdoms are separated by difficult natural land barriers, so contact between the three is minimal. There are many islands to the north and east of Tetaron, and small nations there trade with mainland kingdoms. Shattan especially is isolated, and left to their own devices, they have attempted to wage conquests many times in the past.

The year is the 949th recorded since the foundation of the Holy Kingdom, from which the other two are said to be born. It is fifth sun of the first chapter of the new year (each year has 20 chapters, each chapter has 20 suns).

Alistia has recently graduated from Knight Academy at the capital and returned to Fimini for two chapters of vacation prior to enlistment.

There she is overjoyed to see her local friends, Alceste and Fafalel at the Three-Legged Tarvos Tavern, where Alceste the Poet always performs. That is where they all met, in fact It was about three years ago this day, so they are all celebrating another year of friendship to come.

While Alceste plays the Mundane Mandolin for the crowd, Alistia explains to Fafalel some of the magic she learned at the academy. Suddenly Fafalel's thirst returns. "Barkeep, I'll have another ale!"

A voice shoots from the other side of the bar "Actually he'll have two and I'll have two." The voice came from a tall, tanned, bald-headed, bearded man with large arms sitting at the other end.

"Thank you for your kindness, stranger." said surprised Fafalel.

"I ain't kind, and I ain't a stranger. I'm Grodom. Yer not gettin a drop until you beat me in a good ol' fashioned arm wrestle. Loser buys all the drinks."

Unable to back down from such an easy challenge, Fafalel quickly grasps the huge right hand of Grodom and, after a quick countdown, begins to pour all his energy into this competition.

We both roll 1d00+strength:

Fafalel: 9+5=14

Grodom: 76+8=84

Grodom slams Fafalel's arm down instantly, throwing him off of the stool and causing him quite a lot of pain. He explodes into a roar of laughter "HA HA HA, I ain't got no time to hang out with wusses like you, hahaha. You lost fair and square. Pay up or I'll throw you out hehe hahahaha." Luckily it's only costing 20 coins. The barmaid brings four beers. Grodom consumes three of them, belches loudly, and leaves.

Fafalel returns to his table, sore but not disheartened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm... Okay. What just happened? And why was that a D100 roll? A pasty noodle could beat Hulk Hogan if the max bonus is 40 or something simply by rolling an 80 while Hulk rolled a 39... There was only a 3 point margin where Grodom could have won where he would have otherwise lost/tied after all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm... Okay. What just happened? And why was that a D100 roll? A pasty noodle could beat Hulk Hogan if the max bonus is 40 or something simply by rolling an 80 while Hulk rolled a 39... There was only a 3 point margin where Grodom could have won where he would have otherwise lost/tied after all...

I understand what you are saying, and I'll try to better anticipate player expectation when it comes to probability. I wanted to increase randomization of this particular event, which is why I chose the big dice. As a player, however, by identifying the unfairness of events, your character could conclude that Grodom cheated. And if I had won, he probably would have called me a cheater. Anyways, while we were discussing what happened, a commotion incited outside. Everyone rushes out to watch. I move to the front for a better view. Alistia and Alceste follow closely. It appears that Grodom started an altercation with one of the townsmen, and struck him. Grodom is threatening to kill the unarmed man, and has drawn his axe. The official town guard is approaching to defuse the situation, but some of the vigilante, including Fafalel are closer. I approach and ask what's wrong.

Grodom's face is entirely red from intoxication and an inordinate amount of rage, and he is shouting rather loudly, but this is his normal voice "Beat it, wimp! Stay outa my way or you'll get hurt. Anyone in my way gets split. Now that coward over there offended me, and you're gonna let me teach him a lesson." he pushes Fafalel away and the members of the vigilante draw their swords. I draw mine and attack Grodom. My hit = 100 + 15 minus his avoid of 18 equals 97%. My crit roll is 40. Fail. My hit roll is 60. Hit! Grodom takes 6 damage. He counter attacks. His hit = 90 - 15 minus my avoid of 16. His crit roll is 92, fail. His hit roll is 32. Hit! Fafalel takes 9 damage. Ouch! The fight is over and I gain 20 jex.

Grodom seems actually surprised that someone tried to fight him "Wait a minute now you cowards, I see how it is. You think you can all team up and beat up big bad Grodom? Look here buddies, you're not my friends anymore. Now these guys are your friends." He whistles loudly and several thugs looking rough and tough like Grodom come out of the alley ways and surround him. Grodom drinks a vulnerary. "Gaaa Har Har Har! If you bloodthirsty louts want a piece of me, you have to get a piece of them first! This is the last warning. Get out of the way!"

We join formation with the vigilante. "Men! We must defend the innocent from these savages! Don't be brave and foolish!" The townsman who Grodom first threatened approaches Fafalel and friends "Thank you, you were very brave. I'm sorry I started all of this. If I had been watching my path, I would not have bumped into him. He's drunk isn't he? I wish there was a way other than violence to solve this, but he and his thugs must not be allowed to harm anyone. This is their fate, right? They chose to oppose humanity? Oh, before I forget, I'm Biltmore. Thank you."

Some of the thugs begin to approach.

Battlefield

Characters

Player Phase 1

Fafalel stays at N8 and eats a heal hedge leaf to recover 5 health.

Waiting for Izhuark and Snowy_One.

Generally, I'll give at least 24-48 hours for one turn, but if the group were larger we should have more time. If players are absent, then we'll use their characters in the best way, prioritizing survival over anything else.

Edited by TacticsEmblem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alistia gave a slightly irritated look that was replaced a second later with a calm, placid, face.

"Figures. I was looking forwards to a bit of peace and quiet, yet now I am stuck in a battle for my life. All because of some idiot vagabonds. What have I done to offend you Anna? Regardless, my duty is clear. Protect the innocent and punish the guilty!" she thought to herself as she quickly gave a pull on her reigns.

"Everyone, fall back a few steps into a more defensive position. They outnumber us as-is and are not trying to protect innocent people. Charging in will only get us killed for now; and I think we all happen to enjoy living!" she said before she quickly moved into a bit better position. In truth it was quite a good position on her behalf, moving to a spot where she could quickly move down the street as well as keep out of the way of the vigilante's, but it was all she could really do without rushing forwards to her demise.

Alistia moves to P7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vigilante is very uncomfortable.
"She's right! If we fight we'll die. Run away!"
"Hang on there man, we only need to take a few steps back. You're not going anywhere, just step back here. You'll be safe here."

"That's right! If we stay with our friends we'll be safe! Just hang on until the guard arrives, and don't do anything foolish!"
Vigilante2 moves from N6 to O6.

Vigilante3 moves from N7 to O7.

Fafalel turns to Alceste. "Are you sure you want to be out here with us, not having combat experience or anything to defend yourself with?"

Edited by TacticsEmblem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about roleplay etiquette, and this is probably horribly rude, but this seems like a really interesting concept. Am I still allowed to join?

EDIT: Ahh I'm sorry I just found that chat topic I knew I was doing something wrong.

Edited by Mage Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...