Which GBA Mage/Sage/Archsage is your favorite?

Which GBA Mage/Sage/Archsage is your favorite?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Mage/Sage/Archsage is your favorite?

• Lugh
    • Lilina
    • Hugh
    • Erk
    • Pent
    • Nino
    • Athos
    • Lute
    • Saleh

Lugh for being really helpful with my Binding Blade runs and his personality (Sorry Lilina, but I never used you.), but Nino comes in a close second for her backstory and supports. She turned out kickass on my Eliwood Normal Mode redo, but I don't use her very much since she's an Est.

• 6 months later...

Lilina wins my vote. Being RNG-blessed in Speed, and being one of the few units in FE6 which Skill doesn't matter as much, as anima tomes have high accuracy in the first place: advance to first base. An initially somewhat naïve character yet who faces her family tragedy with resilience: advance to second base. Adorable chemistry with Roy: Skip third base! It's a home run!

Really, she's up there with Caeda (Akaneia games), Misty (Pokémon anime), Kris/Rosa/Serena (Pokémon games), Paula (Earthbound), and Zelda (since Twilight Princess) as my favourite heroine in the Nintendo franchise.

Honestly stuck between Erk and Lilina for me. Erk I found to be a great unit in my run of FE7 and seeing some of his personality quirks kinda remind me of me, but from what I've played of Binding Blade thus far, Lilina is great both as a unit (if used right) and in personality and the like.

This is a difficult choice for me...

Lute FTW!

Lilina is really good( considering she IS the daughter of the great Hector) and Lugh has worked quite well for me, but......Lute does it for me character wise, especially her support with Artur. She's a prodigy and proud of it, but her support with Artur shows how caring of a friend she is( and the A-support is just so cute)!

Honorable Mention to Pent because for years, he's always been just so classy to me(and he's either a really lucky guy or a very blessed guy......just saying)!

Louise_et_Pent_01.jpeg

Edited by Busterman64

• 1 month later...

I like Nino, but Lute gets my vote. I LOVE her design, character, and she's just an amazing unit.

Honorable mention is Erk since he carries the most weight for most of the start of Eilwood's tale until you get Lucius. Didn't use Pent that much, since he's a prepromote, but the fact that he can kill everything EVEN the bosses is fucking badass. I don't like Mages with low spd, so didn't use Lilina, also the RoyxLilina otp is the cliche childhood friend pairing so I try to get Roy with someone else. Saleh is meh, and Athos is cool, but he's makes the final chapter too easy when he gets luna.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

Lute has three main advanatages:

• She joins early.
  • She appears in a rather easy FE part.
  • She has a great magic and decent speed growth.

It's FE8 so you don't really need her.

However unitwise unquestionable the best anima magic user and personalitywise also my favorite.

Edit: Oh wow. I just noticed that I posted here already... a while ago. Didn't check out how old this topic already is.

Anyways even after almost one year my opinion hasn't changed.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

• 2 months later...

Pent is the absolute best for me. He is one of the best prepromotes I've ever touched! Also, Lugh is pretty amazing, I rather using him and not Lilina, but that's because I am not too fond of her, but she is a pretty potent mage as well.

Also, I'm team Nino, but I don't always bother with her. Erk (and Pent DUH) are much easier to fiddle with.

Lilina.

One thing that has never been mentioned in her favor: her high mag makes her a potent healer with just a heal staff. Sure, she won't max her staff rank anytime soon and can't use physic, but she's a cheap backup who often out-heals others using a mend staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the longest time, I've had Lute as my favorite Mage/character in Fire Emblem but now...I put her as my favorite Mage for the GBAs. She excels in the magic stat that she's known for and while the rest of her growths aren't at the same level as her magic, they are well rounded enough to not be too much of a hindrance (see Lilina's 20% skill). Pent and Nino are closer to Lute in terms of my rank than they used to be but Lute gets the nod for me. :Lute:

• 1 month later...

Wow, this one is tough. I chose Lute, because not only is she a strong unit but she has quite a hilarious personality as well (even if you'd never want to talk to her). Pent and Nino are right up close as well.

LUTE LUTE AND MORE LUTE.

She's seriously so awesome and I love her.

My seconde favourite mage is Lilina, because I just love her too. Saleh is also second for being a cool looking guy and he's also not bad statistically (and he's a magic teacher. I want him to be my teacher).

fuck Ewan, right?

I voted Lute anyway and would've even if Ewan was there.

Before it's pointed out to me, I am aware Ewan was left out on purpose but I don't agree with it. There's literally no good reason from excluding him. "But he can go druid!" then put him in both not neither.

Edited by Darros of Christmas Past

2 minutes ago, Darros of Christmas Past said:

fuck Ewan, right?

I voted Lute anyway and would've even if Ewan was there.

Before it's pointed out to me, I am aware Ewan was left out on purpose but I don't agree with it. There's literally no good reason from excluding him. "But he can go druid!" then put him in both not neither.

He's on a specific list for Trainess (but I guess you already knew that). You can disagree all you want, but there IS good reason for excluding him, these were organized in very specific ways. Don't like it? Too bad. Go vote for him on the Trainee poll. I mean, seriously, I listed the criteria AND gave a link for every single other poll on the very first post.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

He's on a specific list for Trainess (but I guess you already knew that). You can disagree all you want, but there IS good reason for excluding him, these were organized in very specific ways. Don't like it? Too bad. Go vote for him on the Trainee poll. I mean, seriously, I listed the criteria AND gave a link for every single other poll on the very first post.

The forum links are actually broken in the OP thanks to the update but that's not really anyone's fault. Comparing trainees is like comparing apples, oranges, and bananas. They're not really similar while Ewan is much more comparable to the characters in this list.

1 minute ago, Darros of Christmas Past said:

The forum links are actually broken in the OP thanks to the update but that's not really anyone's fault. Comparing trainees is like comparing apples, oranges, and bananas. They're not really similar while Ewan is much more comparable to the characters in this list.

Ah dang it, didn't realize the links were broken. I hope that's fixed soon.

But anyway, yeah. I organized these polls by classes (and since Trainees can be multiple classes, they got their own poll) because I thought it'd be fun to discuss favorite units, whether or not that unit is statistically the best of that class. There's already tons and tons of "which archer is the best unit" categories, but nothing for just...favorites. I didn't want "which are the best units" I simply wanted...which one is your favorite? That was all. That's why I didn't view it as apples and oranges, because it wasn't "which is the BEST" it was "which is your favorite."