Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded the patch and tried continuing with my last save from the last patch, but all my units stats have been lowered.

For example: I used to have an Sawyer with 6 magic and now it has 3.

It's this normal or should i start a new game?

Hi, I just patched and started the first chapter of the Staff of Ages 2.0 Normal Mode patch. I used a save file from the previous version that only went up to the end of Part 1. Everything seemed to work, so I chose Sawyer's route. In the first chapter, however, I noticed several crashes when I tried using Deborah in combat. I just wanted to know if this is an issue that affects only previous version saves, or if this is a known issue for all versions. 

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, its certainly not game breaking, but when i started chapter 1-3 the archers had ! marks over there head as if i was controlling a Flier; which in 1-2 i had, i dealt the finishing blow to the boss with Belle. Thought I would bring this to your attention just in case you didn't know.

1 hour ago, Lord Raymond said:

Hi, I just patched and started the first chapter of the Staff of Ages 2.0 Normal Mode patch. I used a save file from the previous version that only went up to the end of Part 1. Everything seemed to work, so I chose Sawyer's route. In the first chapter, however, I noticed several crashes when I tried using Deborah in combat. I just wanted to know if this is an issue that affects only previous version saves, or if this is a known issue for all versions. 

Yeah her Axe anim is broken, use the animation skip hack we added to get around that for now. It'll be fixed in the next update.

13 minutes ago, Yetiplays said:

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, its certainly not game breaking, but when i started chapter 1-3 the archers had ! marks over there head as if i was controlling a Flier; which in 1-2 i had, i dealt the finishing blow to the boss with Belle. Thought I would bring this to your attention just in case you didn't know.

Yeah it's a known issue, just happens when your last move on the previous map was with a flier, shouldn't break the game though.

On chapter 1-8, I noticed that the thief that starts by where Owen and Sawyer first appear starts running away by turn 1 enemy phase and will steal your items, which I appreciate and agree with, as your earlier patches didn't have this.  However, I noticed that the thief stole Aurora's bloom staff, and I can't steal it back, and the thief doesn't drop it either.  In other words, I've lost it forever.  I just want to bring this up to your attention if this was a bug or not, because I don't recall this happening in earlier patches of the game.image.thumb.png.6ddb8daea672ed80fa0eb95901a4a345.png

Alright so I'm extremely happy this got rebooted and I didn't know it got rebooted until about 10m ago, which makes me extremely happy because I ADORED the first version. A little clarification though, how far does the current version go, and how much is left to work on? I don't wanna get super invested just to beat what's out in 2 days and be desperate for it to be finished.

11 hours ago, Misericordia said:

Alright so I'm extremely happy this got rebooted and I didn't know it got rebooted until about 10m ago, which makes me extremely happy because I ADORED the first version. A little clarification though, how far does the current version go, and how much is left to work on? I don't wanna get super invested just to beat what's out in 2 days and be desperate for it to be finished.

Halfway through act 2, there's the second half of act 2 to finish and all of act 3 to do.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:50 AM, SaintSassy said:

Are iron longbows meant to be locked to only the Archer and Sniper classes? It seems like no other bow class can use them.

Longbows are meant to be locked to infantry but we missed warrior, so that'll be fixed next time.

Hey, I'm loving this updates, but I wanted to point out something weird I noticed with Sofia's 'Knight Aspirant' skill, which says it gives 15% avo and +2 damage with 75% health.  I thought using her as a dodge tank with this skill would be fun, but I noticed her avoid wasn't too great despite her having a +15% avoid when at high health.  I took before and after screenshots of her combat with an enemy to compare and noticed this bug.

SofiaBeforeAttack.PNG.adc702fde7b7f6068f6d4946f3358679.PNGSofiaAfterAttack.PNG.bf6ff90c11433f1c083cd88a5aab01e5.PNG

The first screenshot shows her combat against the knight, the second shows her combat the next turn when she was damaged.  She was not healed (did not receive heal boosts), and she should be away from any friendly auras that would mess with numbers.  First, I don't think that she's receiving her avoid boost at all, although she is doing +3? damage.  I also noticed This knight has 19 ATK (+1 with WTA for total of 20) against her 4 defense, which means she should only take 16 damage, like in the second screenshot, but in the first screenshot she's taking +5 damage from something.  I don't know for sure, but I think that her knight skill actually makes her take +5 damage when she's at high health instead of giving her the avo boost.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I think something's wrong and I wanted to point this out to see what you think.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with the game regardless and I'm glad for all the time you all put into making it, thanks again!

Edited by hhshark10

Alright it been a while but finally managed to catch up to the act 2 point. Just a quick question can someone give me a tldr summary of each of the routes. like is one easier but more gimmicky and the other it more linear but harder. also pretty sure this is a bug but is one of the live to serve healers gets hit with the hex rod, if they heal someone they can recover their hp effectively negating the hex rod's effects. 

43 minutes ago, FEAnon said:

I leveled Aurora to 10 and she didn't learn a new skill like the other characters. I'm assuming that she's supposed to be learning Live to Serve or something at that level.

Priests/clerics get miracle, which is available at base.

7 hours ago, Tempo said:

Alright it been a while but finally managed to catch up to the act 2 point. Just a quick question can someone give me a tldr summary of each of the routes. like is one easier but more gimmicky and the other it more linear but harder. also pretty sure this is a bug but is one of the live to serve healers gets hit with the hex rod, if they heal someone they can recover their hp effectively negating the hex rod's effects. 

They're intended to be about as difficult, and thanks for the bug report.

It's heeeere, thank you !

I just mean to ask something though, I restarted at the last chapter of act 1, and, looking at Belle's skills, something is bugging me... Is wary fighter normal on her, or is it a mistake ? Should I maybe start over, especially since some skills don't look like they make sense on the characters who have them, like Owen having Lancefaire ?

Edited by Muriuki

2 hours ago, Muriuki said:

I just mean to ask something though, I restarted at the last chapter of act 1, and, looking at Belle's skills, something is bugging me... Is wary fighter normal on her, or is it a mistake ? Should I maybe start over, especially since some skills don't look like they make sense on the characters who have them, like Owen having Lancefaire ?

Yeah that's incorrect, you'll have to start over

5 hours ago, WhiteyMcFly said:

The stationary warrior in 2-1 in Owen's route holds an Iron Longbow that it can't use, making him effectively weaponless. (E-rank in bows, whereas the longbow requires C-rank) 

There's an issue where the warrior didn't get added to the list of classes that can use the longbow, it'll be fixed next update.