Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the start after the character dialogue in patch 1.7.2 there is an error that says''the rom image has failed'' and I wish I could play the game on an earlier patch if possible until you fix this. I am looking forward to play your content, and It looks really good so far

3 hours ago, CamusLewis said:

In the start after the character dialogue in patch 1.7.2 there is an error that says''the rom image has failed'' and I wish I could play the game on an earlier patch if possible until you fix this. I am looking forward to play your content, and It looks really good so far

You're literally the only person to bring up this error in the ~5.2k people who have downloaded the patch, I don't think this issue is on my end. Was it the right rom? What did you use to patch it? 

Just finished Act 1, and I can't wait for Act 2.

I really enjoyed the story and where it is going. I felt like the characters and their dialog was engaging, and a pleasure to read.
Specifically Axel and Stark's color of armor conversation.

The cast of characters felt well balanced and strong in their own way. I was able to get Charles, Darius, Grace, Elijah, Axel, Eagle to level 20 before ending the chapter.
Without any Leveling abuse. As I've seen in other posts, Charles did a majority of the heavy lifting for my team, I had to hold him back constantly to feed exp to the rest of the team.
I didn't use Darius for the first couple of chapters, and I regret it. He is so strong and worth using. Eventually he became my Wyvern Killer with the Wyrmslayer. It would have been so much harder if I didn't have him at 19 Defense soaking/pulling. My only complaint is I felt like there was a lack of axe wielding enemies outside of eventual Wyverns. Which is why I didn't use Darius much at first. It was much harder to level up Darius/Grace to me, than say Charles, Eagle or Axel.

One character I didn't like was Harold. He didn't strike me as useful, and his skills didn't really thrill me, as Sawyer with Nimbus handled every caster far better. Perhaps he'll be slightly more useful in Owen's route? So unless someone could convince me I don't think I'd be using him in any future play through. Maybe a promotion will make him seem more lucrative?

As for difficulty, I enjoyed the map design. Crown of Thorns being outstanding. It took me 66 Turns of turtling to beat. The Enemy Thief's timing was perfect.
I didn't feel overly rushed, but I wasn't able to take my time. The only problem I had was Matteo's area, where you can't pull him without his Sentinel and Sword Cavalier buddies.
I pulled it off with Darius face tanking it and sneaking Elijah in with a Hammer.

Another map I enjoyed was Outliers, the Time Limit was fun and forced me to be more offensive and caused more reloads than usual.
While I liked the flavor of him having an Anti-Belle skill, I felt like it left him weaker than the previous boss Regina. Her personal skill actually made her fight harder as I murdered her two Knight friends before reading her abilities.

Moving on to story, I'm glad to see Seneca survive. I feel like he does deserve a shot of redemption as I never felt like he was truly evil, just misguided. It'll be interesting to see him in the next part and how it'll play out. I'm also personally glad to see Federica causing rifts. I felt like her character was a snake in the grass and everything conveniently fell into place for her and it's good to see someone at the end point it out, thus I will be doing Sawyer's Route first.

Anyhow. I really enjoyed your guy's story. Made an account to post this.
Keep up the good work and thanks for the past week of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Growths aren't very good. I've tried 3 separate playthroughs and no one grows anything but health and luck. Makes the game impossible to play well in. Resetting because the RNG consistently messes you up isn't the fun part of Fire Emblem.

Looks good, but isn't very fun to play.

Edit: On 5th restart, growths were still pretty bad but enough to get me at least past the ridiculousness that is 1-6.

Edited by WobblyKarma

This was done amazingly I love how powerful the characters become. Stat growths are great. I find that I usually get a Str/Mag point ever other lvl with plenty of other points going into luck spd skill hp through the leveling process. I don’t know what this person above me experienced but I can tell you it certainly wasn’t the same game I played. Super fun to play the bantering between the characters is classic but not over done. Can’t wait to see it finished.

All in all it was a great experience. 

On 3/13/2018 at 12:15 AM, WobblyKarma said:

Growths aren't very good. I've tried 3 separate playthroughs and no one grows anything but health and luck. Makes the game impossible to play well in. Resetting because the RNG consistently messes you up isn't the fun part of Fire Emblem.

Looks good, but isn't very fun to play.

Edit: On 5th restart, growths were still pretty bad but enough to get me at least past the ridiculousness that is 1-6.

Sounds like a string of bad luck to me, not much we can do about that since unfortunately I can't control the RNG.

18 hours ago, Cultofbonez said:

This was done amazingly I love how powerful the characters become. Stat growths are great. I find that I usually get a Str/Mag point ever other lvl with plenty of other points going into luck spd skill hp through the leveling process. I don’t know what this person above me experienced but I can tell you it certainly wasn’t the same game I played. Super fun to play the bantering between the characters is classic but not over done. Can’t wait to see it finished.

All in all it was a great experience. 

Glad you had fun!

23 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

I can't control the RNG.

apparently I'm a big fat liar because we accidentally left fixed growths mode on when we pushed out this release, it'll be corrected in the next version.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, Tharja123 said:

Can anyone see if mangs can redo his playthrough of the game

Why redo his playthrough, unless you mean play all the way through it again for the new update in which case I'm 99% sure that he's going to be going back through the game again

Liked it, didn't encounter any crashes or bugs other than some slowdown on the current final level. Would have liked to be able to promote one or two units just to play around with them, but I didn't find any master seals, so that was a disappointment, but they were probably withheld for difficulty reasons, or because the skill system isn't fully fleshed out maybe. I do like the combination of heal+rally on the staff users, but honestly it makes the Camaraderie skill more of a drawback than a benefit. Maybe Camaraderie could heal a % of missing current HP instead of a % of the total HP pool (say, 30%?), so that you don't quite top off at the start of your turn? Or perhaps the skill could be replaced altogether. 

Just finished this playthrough, I am suppa impressed!! Belle chopped up Seneca with a crit kill that lvld her to 20 to end the game.. Made me feel boss lol. Great storyline so far, anxious to see more! Sawyer and eagle's convos seriously had me laughing so hard, love the humor there. Nero's armor looks sick, axels made me not use him... -__- love soldiers, but that power ranger lookin fool didn't make the cut, to me. The new classes were awesome to run into, excited to see the lords promotes, very awesome job zim!! You and your team keep up the great work! 

Ive played this again and thank god Zim and team. You guys made Seneka's dialogue with the queen more depth, its like I understand and can sympathize with Seneka's view on the current state of the kingdom but he still rushed his actions nonetheless. Im looking forward with his development in the future.

Edited by Cid_Garr

On 3/25/2018 at 7:05 PM, Tharja123 said:

Well who was your favorite character from the game

Charles as a unit for sure, his personal skill is super great given all the axes in the E rank (Is there a way to get Charles a Devil Axe? That would be awesomesauce)
I don't know if anyone really stood out to me as a character. I think Kate could be really funny with a little more characterization though.

Edited by Kryptnyt

I'm a total noob when it comes to patching ROMs or anything to do with those, but I really want to play this hack. Could I get an adult to help???? PLEASE:>_<:

Edited by Heehaha
Lol

3 hours ago, Heehaha said:

I'm a total noob when it comes to patching ROMs or anything to do with those, but I really want to play this hack. Could I get an adult to help???? PLEASE:>_<:

First download the ups patch from the original post, then through totally not illegal means get a rom of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, the USA version then get a program called NUPS(I don't know if I can post the link thats why i don't post it but a quick google search will help you with that), then open NUPS and is going to ask you for A file and a ups patch, you just imput both of them and that's it, then you can play it using an emulator(I prefer VisualBoy Advance), and then you just enjoy:D:, hope it helped.

On 3/27/2018 at 1:56 PM, Kryptnyt said:

Charles as a unit for sure, his personal skill is super great given all the axes in the E rank (Is there a way to get Charles a Devil Axe? That would be awesomesauce)
I don't know if anyone really stood out to me as a character. I think Kate could be really funny with a little more characterization though.

Charles was one of my favorites too but what if it backfires on him what if they made a unit with the personal skill that would prevent backfire damage or stat drops from weapons. Also same from Kate she could use a bit more characterization and probably add a little bit of backstory or if she had an older sibling who you fight as a boss.

Edited by Tharja123