Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

2 hours ago, This Is A Whatever said:

Alongside Lily's unequipped sprite, I think Kate's Wyvern Knight sprite is glitched since... it kinda just looks like a wolf monster.

Also, the Fortuitan Great Knight in Chapter 1-11 has his outerworld sprite glitched so that he kind of looks like a Sentinel I think.

These have been noted and fixed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On chapter 2-3x the opening screen (when the the purple and blue orbs circle and then the name of the chapter comes up) after that it is just a black screen forever. I have loaded to a point in the chapter before it and beaten the chapter again and it is still like that.

Hey
i have been playing this hacked version of Fire Emblem for quite some time now the V2.0 with Fixed Growth Rates, & i have run into 2 very annoying issues the firs one is as discribed by the user above, after the Side mission 2-3x with Oona,Sebastian & Eirnen it goes to load the Next mission name and the Black screen for all i know, the other one is the Warrior guy that joins in Swayers route his issue is he cant Use axes without glitching up the game, he can't be danced for or heald by a mage cuz then glitch city strikes again, the only wourkaround i found was to manualy tunr off his annimation but then i thought all was well and was gonna heal him but that did not work ofc, so i have to turn off any annimation that connects to him at all to not make the game freeze up and make an afull annoying sound.

that being said, i LOVE the game very much so far, very cool new animations & classes & the Skills are EPIC, and it would be a shame to only have gone through half or less and be stopped by a bug/glitch please let me know if there is a workaround or a way to patch a working file but still use the same save.

3 hours ago, DrunkAkuma said:

Swayers route his issue is he cant Use axes without glitching up the game, he can't be danced for or heald by a mage cuz then glitch city strikes again, the only wourkaround i found was to manualy tunr off his annimation but then i thought all was well and was gonna heal him but that did not work ofc, so i have to turn off any annimation that connects to him at all to not make the game freeze up and make an afull annoying sound.

Yeah something is wrong with the Female Warrior axe animation so Deborah's broke in this release, having her animations be off and turning off dancer/healer animations is the only workaround for that right now.

3 hours ago, DrunkAkuma said:

it would be a shame to only have gone through half or less and be stopped by a bug/glitch please let me know if there is a workaround or a way to patch a working file but still use the same save.

Well 2-3X is almost the end of the current release, but there isn't really a fix available for it right now, it should be fixed for the next release.

4 hours ago, This Is A Whatever said:

Sorry about the abundant amount of posts, and this has probably been noted already, but if you rescue a unit and then go to check the stats of the unit who rescued the other unit and press S to check the information about the unit menu, all the text is glitched out.

Noted and fixed

Is there a list of where the music is taken from? I reconize the clocktower theme (Frozen in Time) from Ys and another from Swordcraft Story 2 (I'm not sure if it's actually in the game, it's not in the sound test, but it was song 42 when I used gba_mus_ripper)

As for the hack itself, both penultimate chapters (not counting the shared Gaiden) are way harder than the final ones, which are pretty easy. Owen's takes some luck with very little room for error (finally got it, though I missed a red gem) unless you're going for absolute minimum clear and kill the boss on the first turn. Sawyer's is just crazy and the two fliers from the north that occur a few turns in are pretty much guaranteed to ruin your plans if you didn't know about them before hand (and only at the end did I notice the villages to the south. Hope I didn't miss anything). Not sure where Lily went in Owen's route, as unlike the others who disappear I didn't see any story reason for her vanishing (I did that one first and she took my Hoplon Guard. Boo.). Sawyer's final chapter is just an EXP farm where the only twist is predictable reinforcements, Owen's is a little annoying with how unpredictable the spawns are.

Also the guy who joins in Owen's final chapter has 6 speed. I really suspect that's an error because that's really low. I noticed a small bug where only Grace could start the Grace/Sofia support.

Edited by deuxhero

23 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Hey zim I was wondering if you could help this other hacker alongside your dev team when you finish staff of ages.

That's real unlikely given how long this will take to fully complete.

Is there any way to continue my 1.0 save file and continuing where I left off? I can't seem to get it to work and transfer the data over. I'd appreciate it if anyone had a save file or save state where 2.0 starts when you choose your route. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Omnicloudx13

25 minutes ago, Omnicloudx13 said:

Is there any way to continue my 1.0 save file and continuing where I left off? I can't seem to get it to work and transfer the data over. I'd appreciate it if anyone had a save file or save state where 2.0 starts when you choose your route. Thanks in advance.

There had been updates to the game so chances are NO.

3 hours ago, Omnicloudx13 said:

1.0 saves are incredibly outdated and not compatible in any way.

Just finished act one of 2.0 normal and wanted to give some feedback:

Spoiler

I like the new portraits! Belle and Elijah in particular look super crisp. I also love Charles's homemade armor

Skipping to Regina's chapter, I've always felt that Regina's dialogue could use some touching up. I like the dialogue that she has, and I'm not saying that she needs a rewrite, but every time I get to this chapter it surprises me that she doesn't have a conversation with Owen. Looking back on it, it was also weird that she never mentioned Marcius in any of her conversations. In my first playthrough (back in 1.7.2) I was confused when he showed up out of the blue. Having Regina mention him in her death quote or one of her conversations would remedy that, I think

In the dialogue after that chapter, Owen and Sawyer's conversation with Federica drags on for too long. Some tension had been building around Belle's state of mind, the duchess's motives, and the civil war in general, but it always dies out for me during this long conversation. Federica in particular talks a little too much and gets a little too specific for my tastes. To me, it was already implied that Federica is higher-up than Owen and Sawyer, and I honestly don't think that a lesson in the feudal system does anything for this narrative, so this convo really kills the mood for me

Those are my only gripes about the writing in act one. Overall I really like the concept and the execution

As far as gameplay goes, I loved Marcius's chapter. A lot of side objectives to keep you occupied, a decently challenging boss, and good enemy variety, all under a time crunch. I think similar things can be said of most of the chapters in of act one, so great stuff! Sebastian's chapter was another one of my favorites

The units in this version feel a lot more balanced than in 1.7. Kate and Eagle in particular seem much more usable now, and none of the units stand out as being clearly the best or clearly the worst. The only unit I benched right off the bat was Harold. I can't say anything to his efficacy because I've never actually used him lol

Not sure if you guys have heard about these yet, but here are some bugs/issues:

- Epee doesn't deal effective damage against Sun Knights

- The northwest village in 1-11 has a minor tiling issue: the tile directly in front of the village entrance is a regular grassy plains tile, but should be one of those dirt path plains tiles

- After I supported Stark and Sofia in 1-F, Stark's support level with Sofia was updated to C in his weapon/support level screen, but Sofia's support/weapon level screen wasn't updated

- When Oberon crashed the coronation, one of his goons attacked "Kate" instead of the green unit, leaving the green unit alive until the end of the chapter

- After Semirhage comes out of the castle with Seneca, her map sprite blinks out of control

- When Owen is talking to Sylvia (after selecting Owen's route), her map sprite isn't there

Act one was a great experience! I like the direction this hack is taking, and I'm excited to see more from you guys 

11 hours ago, Goku4Smash said:

Can you list how many changes were made since the initial release of 2.0?

A lot. It'll all be listed in the changelog that comes with the release.

Completed both routes.

The story and OST used from start to chapter 14 is amazing. I like how you gave a lot of the cast a decent amount of Plot time and talk convos to add on to the story instead of them just being there to be used a unit. 
I found it interesting to see triple promotions. Granted some of the newer promotions don't feel amazing but it is an interesting change to the gameplay.
I also like how you fixed the lack or resources and fixed a lot of the early game problems that was there in 1.0 version of this hack. The amount of items and gold you give the player is enough to keep the player with enough supplies to keep going but to not have a crazy amount of surplus in supplies to keep the player in managing the resources for the chapters. Having Oona as a prepomote without crazy tier stats really makes Belle's route a bit more enjoyable. The only complaint I have in belle's is chapter 1-9 Mages placement, Those mages are way to close imo. It feels like the 1st 2 turns are too high risk due to their placement after that the chapter stays challenging but is not difficult to handle.
Owen Route felt a bit too easy.  I feel there should be more reinforcements on his route on the 1st and 3rd chapter. I didn't feel challenged at all with the spawn placement of the enemy.
Sawyer route however feels a bit too challenging. It not the amount of reinforcements that makes it feels hard. it was due to most of them are promoted units with elfire and silver/slayer weapons. 
the 2nd Chapter of Sawyer route I feel the pirate at the bottom should be further away from the houses. You need perfect rng and you need to rush to save that bottom most house or he will get it before you can stop him. I spent at least 10+ retries on getting every attack to connect so i can safely rush my fliers to stop him. After saving the houses tho the rest of the chapter was pretty easy as there was no reinforcements and most of the enemy did not rush you unless you moved into their range. Pretty much make the pirates a bit further away from the house then the original starting point and add reinforcements in the later turns. 
Chapter 3 of sawyer route was just crazy. keeping those children alive was nuts even with having 5+ promoted units was super difficult. The problem was keeping the units far away from the children then actually keeping your own units alive. Most of the units were strong enough to stay alive.
Chapter 4 of Sawyer was the turning point of when it started to feel balanced in terms of hard difficulty. I see nothing to change there.

I noticed only the archer/snipers could use the longbows. every other bow class could not use the longbow.  There was also monster palettes on the promotion screen for some of the units as well. They went back to normal palettes for that class after promotion.

Overall I give the progress so far on this hack an 8 out of 10. I look forward to you finishing this hack.

Hey, I started playing the hack yesterday and it's been fun so far, but I noticed a bug ( I think ) : The thief on chapter 1-8 managed to steal the 1-2 range staff Aurora had (called Bloom I believe) , and I couldn't steal it back.

Didn't encounter anything otherwise, you guys did great work !

Hello,I need help! After the chapter 2-3,the chapter 2-3x never appears... And sorry for my bad english,I'm trying. Well,the problem is that,the game is paused,I save my progress and nothing,what I can do to fix it? Wait for next version or...? I want play and read the history,I liked it,I love it,and I can't wait for continue,please,need an answer! By the way,I use the emulator "VisualBoyAdvance",in the WinDS Pro.

Edited by Chris549

1 hour ago, Chris549 said:

Hello,I need help! After the chapter 2-3,the chapter 2-3x never appears... And sorry for my bad english,I'm trying. Well,the problem is that,the game is paused,I save my progress and nothing,what I can do to fix it? Wait for next version or...? I want play and read the history,I liked it,I love it,and I can't wait for continue,please,need an answer! By the way,I use the emulator "VisualBoyAdvance",in the WinDS Pro.

You'll have to wait for the next update, it seems like if anyone is dead or not recruited the game freezes before the map starts. Not sure if the save will work or not after the update though.