Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

image.png.905d14422bf6a17fbd5db550967edd6f.png

Skipping all the text bypasses this but still, muh story.

Already noted in the public bug doc, and also will be fixed next release.

Edited by InvdrZim13

Is SoA still being worked on for GBA or is it just the XNA version now, because I cant find the GBA link for the most up to date version anywhere. 

5 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Is SoA still being worked on for GBA or is it just the XNA version now, because I cant find the GBA link for the most up to date version anywhere. 

The GBA version is no longer being worked on or supported.

VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT NOTE READ THIS

Because of what we did early on (replace the fire wrank with anima) it was showing the fire icon when you got a weapon level for anima. This has been fixed and changed, BUT all anima users won’t be able to use their tomes so YOU HAVE TO START OVER TO HAVE ANIMA USERS BE ABLE TO USE MAGIC AGAIN.

This should be the only time you have to start over, sorry about that but that’s just how it has to be to make it work right.

Update is here, renamed to v0.1 to better reflect that it’s not complete yet. Check the spreadsheet for the bugs that are fixed in this version.

Quick v0.1.1 update this time

Fixes a few things like class skills being wrong, arbalist not having weapon ranks, falcoknights being weak to horse effective weapons, and making stark and grace auto recruit at the end of 1-6, and a crash in the 1-F postchapter.

Also changed is cavalry now get avo from tiles that grant it, as always make sure to check the bug spreadsheet for what’s known and report it if it’s not on there.

Also updated the readme with links to xna framework and .net 4 for anyone who doesn't already have those installed

Edited by InvdrZim13

1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

For whatever reason, the game won't run for me. It's not that it crashes, but literally nothing happens when I attempt to run the game. Anyone have any theories as to why?

I suggest checking the readme, particularly the instructions section, which will tell you what you need to run it and has the links for everything too.

12 hours ago, Chaz said:

image.png.2ff7e9b7afc9f4fb8dc8a72ce86c1767.png

I dont think Aurora was ment to learn this skill.

Fixed as of v0.1.1:

23 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Fixes a few things like class skills being wrong

that ss is 0.1.1

it was fine before.
explorer_2020-03-10_12-06-52.thumb.png.d487c148d1ffffc05c9b2e0983364af1.png

This is the save i ditched since you mentioned we were gonna have to start a new save to fix it.

Edited by Chaz
trying to delete extra images that got accidently loaded

I can guarantee that it's functioning correctly in v0.1.1, it was broken in v0.1. I just doubled checked now and Aurora gains healtouch at level 10 like she's supposed to again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, thedman975 said:

Hey so I think on the final chapter of the first act the sleep druid is bugged. He freezes the game when he targets my units with sleep. It has happened 2/3 of the times I tested it.

This was fixed as of v0.1, the current version (v0.1.1) fixed one other 1-F related crash. Due to a fix to the anima weapon rank, saves from before v0.1 will not work with v0.1.1, and will require a restart.

• 2 weeks later...

In chapter 1-9 a priest used a Torch staff and for some reason the game is now softlocked. I didn't see this in the bug tracker so I'm just reporting it here. Everything looked normal to me but it just softlocked for some reason.

Screenshot_20200412-151903.png

On 4/8/2020 at 1:08 AM, Kryotic said:

Dunno if this is a chapter specific bug, but the game crashes during 1-2 every time you try to unequip one of Oona's tomes.

That should be fixed in the most recent version, if not I'll make a note of it.

On 4/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, Steinn said:

In chapter 1-9 a priest used a Torch staff and for some reason the game is now softlocked. I didn't see this in the bug tracker so I'm just reporting it here. Everything looked normal to me but it just softlocked for some reason.

ditto for this one, so if you're on the most recent version and it's still happening that's strange.

Edited by InvdrZim13

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 12:22 AM, Creative Username said:

So, I've never reported a bug before, but whenever I clear 1-3 The Chapter select screen goes to the part 2 first chapters instead of letting me play 1-4, when I then click to go play part 1 chapters, I can only play 1-1.

If you're playing on classic mode this issue occurs, only standard mode works with this release.

23 hours ago, bv_2016 said:

bug where game restarts when finishing s2-4 and village cannot be visited.

GBA version is no longer supported and any bugs found will not be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...