Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is sort of random and spontaneous, but I'd like to give my critique on the sprites (and only the custom sprites. Everything I would've said about the gameplay has already been said by someone else.). As a designer of a couple battle sprites myself, I'd want to share my opinion on the new sprites you've used.

Owen: I like the Mage Lord animation you used, I'd just recommend having a little bit more movement going on, especially in the cape.

Sawyer: I like it, but I think the boots require a little more shading, and I'm sort of confused why you didn't use the Sage rune animation, maybe that's Owen's thing and there are some scaling issues, but besides that, it's good.

Fighters: I've seen MageKnight's animation everywhere, and I can't blame anyone who uses it; it's a lot better than the old one.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Keep up the good work, this is one of the better SS hacks out there.

i've never made a magic class animation tbh

EDIT: I just realized Sawyer moves to far for the rune to line up with him and it would just appear behind him, and it would look weird.

Edited by Horatioactive414

Welp that's quite the custom battle sprite.

ye

There where SOMETHING about that sprite, but I couldn't really put my finger on it...

until I finally realized that it was the pegasus actually standing on the ground.

Makes a lot more sense than balancing on one hoof lol

If you guys like minor updates then boy you're in luck, cause I've got another one for ya.

The writing/maps for 1-11 and 1-F are done (any edits we make nonwithstanding), meaning we just have to design the levels, put it all together, and playtest and we'll be ready for FEE3!

HXBPDp3.gif

The Hexing Rod now 100% works as intended, HP is halved for the duration of the map and restored using an ASMC (which would just go in the ending event usually unless you've got some other weird plans for it.)

rg47dPt.png

Seneca doesn't intend to let his reign end, not without a fight anyway. The Wheel of Time reference is lost on me, but at least we've come up with something to prevent him from being taken down at range.

1-Final has a tiny bit put in so far, but it's a big one. The script for this chapter passed 4,000 words, lots of stuff going on, all that jazz.

1-F is now complete.

We are now just waiting for tester feedback to adjust/fix things, and then we can submit the patch for FEE3!

tumblr_odec1yqOR21ucdo6to1_500.png

It's a bigass picture but whatever I'm too lazy to go back and take a native res one.

A tease for what's to come after FEE3~

I've lurked for a little bit, but I just finished the latest release last night, so I'm still pretty new. I really enjoyed Staff of Ages. Sawyer and Owen are really fun characters, and they really play off each other and other characters really well. It was great to see them both finally get reunited with Belle, after so much struggling for both groups.

And speaking of that, I also liked how the chapters would switch from Owen and Sawyer to Belle as things went on. It really kept things fresh.

And I felt like the overall difficulty wasn't too tough or too easy. I never really felt like a chapter was impossible or boring and simple.

I'm looking forward to the conclusion to Act 1!