Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

Hrm, 3rd thief option...

Cutpurse: can't use lockpicks or open locks without keys, but automatically steals a stealable item off of an enemy when attacking them/stealing an item doesn't end their turn (which ever one is more easy to program). Caps would probably be marginally higher than a Rogue's overall, with lessor promotion gains.

In theory able to steal multiple items in one turn if you go with the second option, or able to at least steal + kill in one turn with the first option. Rogues have more utility, Assassins have more killing power.

Eh, I'm fine with them having the two options, they're utility and removing lockpick use takes away from that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, these days I played through this hack (again) till 1-9, then stopped a bit.

I'm probably gonna give some criticism here and there when I finish this patch, but for now, I'd say that Oona needs some SERIOUS buffing. At level 10 she's almost surpassed in every single stat (except Luck) by a level 7 Aurora. The former has bad magic, bad skill, horrend defense and HP and average resistance, her speed and luck being her only strong points (and 11 Speed at level 10 is not even that great), while Aurora at level 10 has more Magic, Skill, Speed and Resistance than her, plus being able to use 1-2 ranged staves. I don't know. Maybe my Oona got RNG screwed, but her growths aren't that great either.

Also something else that has been bothering it's the Fire affinity. It's everywhere. Almost all bosses have it (Leonhardt, Regina, Marcius...) and a lot of playable chars, too. It's not an issue tho, the Fire affinity is pretty good IMO, just something I noticed.

Anyways, keep up with this. Looking forward to seeing more ^^

So, these days I played through this hack (again) till 1-9, then stopped a bit.

I'm probably gonna give some criticism here and there when I finish this patch, but for now, I'd say that Oona needs some SERIOUS buffing. At level 10 she's almost surpassed in every single stat (except Luck) by a level 7 Aurora. The former has bad magic, bad skill, horrend defense and HP and average resistance, her speed and luck being her only strong points (and 11 Speed at level 10 is not even that great), while Aurora at level 10 has more Magic, Skill, Speed and Resistance than her, plus being able to use 1-2 ranged staves. I don't know. Maybe my Oona got RNG screwed, but her growths aren't that great either.

Also something else that has been bothering it's the Fire affinity. It's everywhere. Almost all bosses have it (Leonhardt, Regina, Marcius...) and a lot of playable chars, too. It's not an issue tho, the Fire affinity is pretty good IMO, just something I noticed.

Anyways, keep up with this. Looking forward to seeing more ^^

The most we'd do for Oona is give her 5-10% more magic growth, given she starts mounted and has magic access before promotion.

Not sure about the fire affinity stuff but we'll change some up if we determine that it's an issue.

In other news Darius might see some minor nerfs to help differentiate him from Nero, and I haven't had a chance to work on the new chapters because of school.

Uh, what?

(i know it dosent really make sense but i would just like to know what map in fe8 you replaced with 1-1 thats all why? well honestly i have no idea other than i like dissecting rom hacks that and ive been fishing for uh little mistakes here and there)

Edited by Apparoid

(i know it dosent really make sense but i would just like to know what map in fe8 you replaced with 1-1 thats all)

You're not going to find anything relevant in nightmare considering the chapter was put together with events.

It replaced the prologue.

Edited by InvdrZim13

Feedback for 1.6.1 that isnt super related but oh well

1. the Growth Showing List Cant Seem to Register 255 Percent everthing else it can

2. The 3rd Frame of the highlight map sprite for Axe Wyvern Riders are 2 pixels off

3. one of the frames for the sunknight standing/still sprite is a couple pixels of its pretty obvious

Just as a general note, if you go poking around in SoA to find hidden things or cheat or whatever. Don't bring it up here, if you break something it's your own fault, and while the odds of finding something hidden isn't likely as each release only has the stuff it needs, don't spoil anything for anyone else if you do stumble onto something.

Just as a general note, if you go poking around in SoA to find hidden things or cheat or whatever. Don't bring it up here, if you break something it's your own fault, and while the odds of finding something hidden isn't likely as each release only has the stuff it needs, don't spoil anything for anyone else if you do stumble onto something.

Lies, there is a completed game behind the facade 12 chapters. Zim is pretending that it's in progress, but It's actually completed. He's just unlocking each level for the public as time goes on. You just gotta raise all of Nero's stats to 225, and then restart the game as Darius is about to fight the final boss of 1-F

Lies, there is a completed game behind the facade 12 chapters. Zim is pretending that it's in progress, but It's actually completed. He's just unlocking each level for the public as time goes on. You just gotta raise all of Nero's stats to 225, and then restart the game as Darius is about to fight the final boss of 1-F

Actually, what you need to do is train Belle to level 20. If she gets a perfect level up every level, she will auto-promote when fighting against the final boss of 1-F, and kill it in one round. Then, in the cutscene, she will kill Oberon, his 8 generals and Seneca, and proceed to use the Staff of Ages to desintegrate the whole world and you'll have to restart, but you'll be able to play the full game on your next run.

That being said... I just beat the game. I'd give my thoughts on it, but I'm not in the mood right now. And I still insist on Oona being too weak. Charles might also need some buffing, and so does Lily.

But anyways, great game so far. Looking forward to the next version :D

Or do what I did: get a Serenes Forest Gold AccountTM and buy it for the low price of $9.99. Can't tell you how I got the Gold AccountTM, that's a club secret.

Where are these Gold Knights you speak of?

i take that back there wherent gold knights but i was assuming there where if there are silver knights

Um, dude, you forgot about PlatiKnights.

last i checked there arent any whatever platiknights are showing in act 1

i take that back there wherent gold knights but i was assuming there where if there are silver knights

last i checked there arent any whatever platiknights are showing in act 1

That's because neither of them exist

So the current release plan is this:

Unless we go back to change something significant for act 1 or if we have to fix a game breaking error, there will likely not be another release until part of or all of act 2 is completed.

There's 2-3 chapters written already for both routes but little progress has actually been made on making them due to real life obligations.

Act 2 will be fully completed by next FEE3 and there may be a release with the first half of it sooner than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, I've always wondered why that boss bandit from the chapter where you get your thief (Marques) has the same portrait as Badrick from Death or Glory.

Just curiosity.

Because the mug is taken from the Nickt collection, which is a bunch of portraits that are free for anyone to use.