Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

On 7/26/2017 at 2:28 AM, Exodiac47 said:

Found another, but it's not gamebreaking. When a mounted unit is using Canto, these rainbow-looking tiles pop up when checking someone's stats.

Screenshot_20170726-022228.jpg

Known bug, not super high on our list of priorities at the moment

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great FE8 Hack here! 

I recently started playing this on my GBA emulator on pop that works, TemparGBAtoPSP, 

this hack, Midnight Sun and Void's Bizarre Adventure are all great FE8 hacks currently ;) 

always, back to this game, it's great, 

but ATM I'm on ch 1-8 and in my emulator it lags alot with slowdowns, only on this specific chapter, the rest it's fine, 

I wonder why tho? 

looking forward to Act 2 split route in the future!

20 minutes ago, IkeBoyDude said:

Great FE8 Hack here! 

I recently started playing this on my GBA emulator on pop that works, TemparGBAtoPSP, 

this hack, Midnight Sun and Void's Bizarre Adventure are all great FE8 hacks currently ;) 

always, back to this game, it's great, 

but ATM I'm on ch 1-8 and in my emulator it lags alot with slowdowns, only on this specific chapter, the rest it's fine, 

I wonder why tho? 

looking forward to Act 2 split route in the future!

Try removing hp bars in the options?

On 7/31/2017 at 2:42 PM, Kirb1337 said:

Try removing hp bars in the options?

I tried your suggestion and it worked, well removed some lag, it still lags, but alot less than before (i.e.. HP bars) ;) 

so, thanx for the tip, Kirb! 

2 hours ago, Protato said:

How'd the sounds/music come out so clear?  Also, are combat skills like Astra, Sol, Luna, or Adept coming in the future?

1. Alusq fiddled around with the instrumentation, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

2. The crazier skills usually belong to the promoted classes, so keep an eye on your promoted units in patch 2.0!

2 hours ago, Galastan said:

1. Alusq fiddled around with the instrumentation, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

2. The crazier skills usually belong to the promoted classes, so keep an eye on your promoted units in patch 2.0!

Ah.  Will the skills have new animations?  I always like seeing custom animations.

To elaborate on the music: the GBA FE sound engine has been drastically improved from its vanilla state in the past several years, allowing for higher amounts of polyphony as well as improved fidelity when playing samples at high frequencies (so a sample can have more fine details in it with less crackling background noise). Additionally, a lot of the samples are exported from DS games, so they generally just sound better than the GBA ones (even when they are compressed into GBA format, thanks to the aforementioned sound engine fixes). You have Eternal Bond to thank for my inspiration to do this. Praise be.

Also Nero don't lie there is currently no Fiddle instrument in the rom

Edited by Alusq

Just so nobody gets hyped up for an FEE3 release, at this current point in time I honestly don't believe we'll have something for the public by FEE3. A myriad of personal issues culminating in me ignoring of my own mental well being has left me without any motivation for just about everything that I like doing (including hacking). So, unless some sort of miracle happens, the next release date will be "whenever it gets done." There will be something to show for the event, so at least there's that to look forward to.

13 hours ago, InvdrZim13 said:

Just so nobody gets hyped up for an FEE3 release, at this current point in time I honestly don't believe we'll have something for the public by FEE3. A myriad of personal issues culminating in me ignoring of my own mental well being has left me without any motivation for just about everything that I like doing (including hacking). So, unless some sort of miracle happens, the next release date will be "whenever it gets done." There will be something to show for the event, so at least there's that to look forward to.

Perfectly understandable. The feeling you're describing sounds like one I know all too well.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:54 AM, sleepypig14 said:

It's great and all, but I only had 1 issue. It seems to struggle getting past chapter 2. Just took a few minutes to move on. Screen kept flashing black the back to the map.

Haven't been able to replicate the issue but other people have reported this as well

Hello!

After hearing about this game through different forums I decided to try it out.

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue: Flashing black screen after the second mission which prevents me from moving onto the next section of the game.

I've tried different methods to try and prevent the flashing black screen:
-Having the main bandit attack me first and die from a counter
-Killing the main bandit first, then his allies
-Killing the bandit allies first, then the main bandit
-Restarting the chapter
-Resuming the chapter (just goes to the final blow, then black screen after the conversation)

Seems like this is a fatal bug if we can't progress :O

Does anyone have a save file that is right after the second mission or can make one?? I'm willing to take anything at this point :(

I've attached two save files: one at the beginning of the mission and one right at the end as well as the main save (i think) to see if it will help.

I;m using VBA as well

Fire Emblem - Staff of Ages (U)1.sgm

Fire Emblem - Staff of Ages (U)2.sgm

Fire Emblem - Staff of Ages (U).sav

Edited by FE.Fan
Clarification:

I made an account to tell you that this hack is really well done. The sprites (landsknecht, silver bow night, etc) are really crisp, and the sprites are nice as well. I also wanted to say that if supports were needed, I could pitch in. Thanks for making this hack, it's really damn good. 

On 8/28/2017 at 6:06 PM, Ivashanko said:

I made an account to tell you that this hack is really well done. The sprites (landsknecht, silver bow night, etc) are really crisp, and the sprites are nice as well. I also wanted to say that if supports were needed, I could pitch in. Thanks for making this hack, it's really damn good. 

Thank you! Supports aren't really a huge priority at the moment for us (though the support pairings have been decided already), but I'll keep you in mind if we ever need more hands on deck when we get around to writing all 100+ of them!

On 9/3/2017 at 8:59 AM, Sydorr said:

Nudging post for updates for FEE3 is half release or no release.

On 8/9/2017 at 6:37 PM, InvdrZim13 said:

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly what in the hell is chapter 9 like why is it so hard

I don't claim to be great at Fire Emblem by any means, but I am not terrible. The enemies chunk out half my health with every hit and even axe wielders against my swords still have an over 50% hit rate. I didn't think my units were bad but am I wrong? Am I missing something or do I just need to git gud?

I am loving this hack, just... on the struggle bus so hard. As another question, are supports in this game yet, or are they upcoming?

1 hour ago, Yuffie Kisaragi said:

Honestly what in the hell is chapter 9 like why is it so hard

I don't claim to be great at Fire Emblem by any means, but I am not terrible. The enemies chunk out half my health with every hit and even axe wielders against my swords still have an over 50% hit rate. I didn't think my units were bad but am I wrong? Am I missing something or do I just need to git gud?

I am loving this hack, just... on the struggle bus so hard. As another question, are supports in this game yet, or are they upcoming?

Correct me if I am wrong, but supports are not in, I believe.

7 hours ago, StWalker said:

As of the current build, no supports are implemented. Supports should be mechanically implemented in the next major release, but there won't be actual conversations. Just the bonuses.

Most likely they'll be around in some form for the release of all of Act 2. I'm unsure if we'll have them ready for this release, depends on what I get done lol.